Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Luis Martinez's Mid East Drummer is Out!

Comments

• Wow cool! Looking forward to your thoughts on them once it lands!

• He's going through the list. I'm growing my beard furiously and waiting for the South Austin Drummer that must surely be on the cards...

• edited December 2017

I don't know if I will buy it because I havealready spend so much $$$$ lately on Black Friday world drums sales including this middle eastern one. (I have grown obsessed with world percussion lately).

Check out these demos:
    https://vi-control.net/community/threads/evolution-series-end-of-year-sale-2017-up-to-50-off.66987/page-2#post-4159071

When you hear these, you may think you are hearing a whole drum kit or ensemble, but they are just single drums. They make a lot of different kinds of sounds, and that is the challenge for an app, unless it has many GB of samples.

• There is no way this won’t great

• @Reid said:
    I wonder how Luis Martinez will handle them?

Exceedingly well, I suspect. :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    He's going through the list. I'm growing my beard furiously and waiting for the South Austin Drummer that must surely be on the cards...

I don't know. I think you have to handmake those drumheads by unrolling the large rawhide dog chew toys and soaking them for stretching. That's what all my hippie drum circle buddies did.

• I genuinely can't wait for him to convert all his drum apps to midi Au and standalone aus....

• @JeffChasteen said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    He's going through the list. I'm growing my beard furiously and waiting for the South Austin Drummer that must surely be on the cards...

I don't know. I think you have to handmake those drumheads by unrolling the large rawhide dog chew toys and soaking them for stretching. That's what all my hippie drum circle buddies did.

Needs Malinke Doda imported from Africa. Or something or other they have down at the Home Depot.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:
    I genuinely can't wait for him to convert all his drum apps to midi Au and standalone aus....

Has he said this is in the plans?

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@JeffChasteen said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Needs Malinke Doda imported from Africa. Or something or other they have down at the Home Depot.

Ahhh...
    I don't know what those guys used for shells.
    I was so fascinated by their ingenuous use of dog toys.

• I have yet to read a negative review on any of his apps

• @Telstar5 said:
    I have yet to read a negative review on any of his apps

I don't LOVE the song mode. There. I said it. But I do love the apps and will be making the Middle Eastern trip as soon as he's ready for us....

• I would like to buy it, but will doing so put me on a watch list monitored by paranoiacs? :p

• @realdavidai said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:
    I genuinely can't wait for him to convert all his drum apps to midi Au and standalone aus....

Has he said this is in the plans?

Nope. But midi out and link weren't originally in the plans either. And all his apps have them now...

• Reggae drummer next, please @LuisMartinez

• @DeVlaeminck said:
    Reggae drummer next, please @LuisMartinez

Add me on.

• @Telstar5 said:

pretty much all the apps i purchased when released .. had some bug or the other ( mostly midi implementation,sync and kit selection related), also crashed while using with other third party apps (audiobus)
    I have RD, FD, Afro D, Brazillian D, Soft Drum .. that having said I like Funk Drummer and use it a lot too for quick jams...

among the 5 i have purchased .. Rock Drummer is the worst for me ... kit sounds are too plasticky...
    Garageband Kits sound more Rock

Soft Drummer - also don't like it... although has some nice grooves .. i just don't find it "soft" enough .. e.g use for a worship jam..

• @DeVlaeminck said:
    Reggae drummer next, please @LuisMartinez

>

Yes, please. Or maybe that should be yeah mon. :)

• I‘d rather have 1or 2 new studiokits for funkdrummer than middleast grooves

• I’ve had Rock Drum Machine since it came out, and I never thought the fills were realistic sounding. After several updates, I didn’t notice any improvement in that area. I deleted it maybe a year ago.

Two questions for the faithful:

1. Are the fills better in his other apps?
    2. Have the fills in Rock Drum Machine been smoothed out with more layers of velocity?

Thanks, in advance, for any insight on this.

• Soon he may release Nashville Hambone Machine. Then I’ll be spitting tobacco with midi in&out.
    (Seriously, his drums are my go-to’s)

• @supanorton
    Some fills in Funkdrummer are great some are not usable.

• @hisdudeness said:

@Telstar5 said:

pretty much all the apps i purchased when released .. had some bug or the other ( mostly midi implementation,sync and kit selection related), also crashed while using with other third party apps (audiobus)
    I have RD, FD, Afro D, Brazillian D, Soft Drum .. that having said I like Funk Drummer and use it a lot too for quick jams...

among the 5 i have purchased .. Rock Drummer is the worst for me ... kit sounds are too plasticky...
    Garageband Kits sound more Rock

Soft Drummer - also don't like it... although has some nice grooves .. i just don't find it "soft" enough .. e.g use for a worship jam..

Have you tried some of the brush presets in Tin Pan Rhythm? They are very nice, and may do the job for you.

• Looking forward to this, Luis' Funk and Soft drummers are my go-tos.

I'll ask this question again, since I got no answers last time around...

Is there a way to transfer your user presets between IPads?
    I often mess around during my lunch break making new user presets on my Air, and would love to be able to transfer any good ones to the Pro in my home studio without having to copy everything manually line by line.
    Anyone?

• Can I use any of his apps as VSTs from my electronic drum set? Want to send midi from the drum pads.

• @ipadthai said:
    Can I use any of his apps as VSTs from my electronic drum set? Want to send midi from the drum pads.

They do accept midi and have a “sound module” mode so if you can your midi in through the cck I bet your could. Especially if your drum set has usb for midi.

• @Franketti said:
    I‘d rather have 1or 2 new studiokits for funkdrummer than middleast grooves

Personally i'd like to see add-on style/sound packs for FUTURE DRUMMER.

• edited December 2017

I can’t wait for this. Love Middle Eastern rhythms.

@LuisMartinez were you able to fix the Link problem in Future Drummer? It would be great to be able to start incorporating it into my tracks. Thanks.

• Oh yes to reggae rhythms.

• @gusgranite said:
    Oh yes to reggae rhythms.

+1
    And I'd like to see a D&B/Jungle edition as well. And Trip-Hop and Big Beat :-)