Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: no app updates of previously purchased apps with expired credit card

Just became aware of this when trying to update a few ape-apps:
These are apps I purchased and the current update is free. It is still impossible to update such apps when Apple does not have valid credit card info. How kind is that? Why would they need payment info for stuff I happen to own?

Comments

• @neinneinnein said:
    These are apps I purchased and the current update is free. It is still impossible to update such apps when Apple does not have valid credit card info. How kind is that? Why would they need payment info for stuff I happen to own?

Giving up personal info seems to be the new norm, and we gladly comply.
    Facebook is the worst predator. I recently had a minor car accident and had to call my insurance.
    Guess what, later that evening, my Facebook was full of local insurance provider commercials...
    It’s fucking scary.

• just a thought, but they do exactly this when they feel you owe them $... check your balance

• This has happened to me too. It seems once you associate a cc with your Apple ID, you can't use it without a valid cc on file.

• I only know this from when Apple still gets money from me.
    This can happen easily, as they check your balance instantly, but only wayyyyyy later actually get the money - meaning, they take a lot of time until they finally charge your account. And when it's then empty -> what you see

• Very poor decision by Apple to restrict accounts this way. I have had this a few times and usually some app I want will have a birthday and go free for a day

• @Kühl said:

@neinneinnein said:

Giving up personal info seems to be the new norm, and we gladly comply.
    Facebook is the worst predator. I recently had a minor car accident and had to call my insurance.
    Guess what, later that evening, my Facebook was full of local insurance provider commercials...
    It’s fucking scary.

Thank you for giving me another reason to avoid Facebook.
    I had a Facebook account for a grand total of 7 minutes in order to get the free Ciani presets in M15. As soon as I had them, I wiped it out, but still get notices in my email from those pushy bastards.

• @syrupcore said:
    This has happened to me too. It seems once you associate a cc with your Apple ID, you can't use it without a valid cc on file.

If true, this is more crazy BS, the drip, drip, drip, effect. :'(

• Just go to a rite aid or something and buy an iTunes card, I haven’t updated my cc info in a couple years because I just buy iTunes cards now.

• edited December 2017

Just spent over an hour trying to set up Mrs Monzo’s iTunes account. Would not accept her credit card, and eventually called support, but it finally went through while I was speaking to them.

No reason, just needed to fail about 20 times it seems.

• @MonzoPro said:
    Just spent over an hour trying to set up Mrs Monzo’s iTunes account. Would not accept her credit card, and eventually called support, but it finally went through while I was speaking to them.

It could be just another quirk of the mess the AppStore is these days.

• @knewspeak said:

@MonzoPro said:

That’s what I told the support guy. I mentioned the way updates don’t appear when they should - that there’s a lag. He said the account setup wasn’t to do with the store, but it was - we were in the store itself trying to setup the account and it kept throwing up errors

• @neinneinnein said:

Usually you just have to have a valid payment method. It is possible to choose: "None" (that means: payment via iTunes gift card). I recommend to edit payment method within the program iTunes (for Mac or PC). See:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203905
    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204034

Because of the safety system "2-factor" you are in a better situation using credit card information. It is no issue to use iTunes gift card (with rebate!) when you have setup your account with the payment method "credit card".

• @MonzoPro said:

@knewspeak said:

@MonzoPro said:

That’s what I told the support guy. I mentioned the way updates don’t appear when they should - that there’s a lag. He said the account setup wasn’t to do with the store, but it was - we were in the store itself trying to setup the account and it kept throwing up errors

You must love her very, very much.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@knewspeak said:

@MonzoPro said:

You must love her very, very much.

I know which side my bread is buttered on.