Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New BM3 update coming in the next couple days.

From the BeatMaker Forum:
https://intua.net/forums/discussion/5855/upcoming-3-0-7-update-notes

Hey everyone, 3.0.7 should be officially available in the next couple of days.

In the meantime, here are the update notes:
Overall improvements
Song position readout, in the transport bar, can be switched between BAR:BEATS, MM:SS.MS and SMPTE, simply by pressing it.
Support of MIDI knob increment/decrement (“infinite” encoders), via MIDI RPN/NRPN. This also extend the range of MIDI CC’s to 32766.
The transport bar record button will now be red when recording.
Added an option, in the recording panel (press the ‘Q’ label on the transport bar), to disable minimal note length quantization.
It is now possible to show/hide the left global navigation bar while displaying the AUv3 keyboard screen. This gives access to effects and macros from that view.
It is now possible to tag packs & categories on a selection of files and directories, recursively from the Browser in files mode.

Sampler & Plugins
Support of AUv3 MIDI plugins. Now, BeatMaker 3 will create virtual input MIDI devices for each AUv3 that supports MIDI out. This way, you can route MIDI messages to other plugins and the sampler. Suggestion of use:

Load an AUv3 MIDI plugin on a pad (or more!)

Create a new bank, load an instrument or plugin, preferably in KEYS mode.

Enter the new bank MIDI Setup panel by long-pressing the bank above the pads or by pressing “•••” on the right of the bank name on the left screen.

Connect the MIDI input port to the virtual AUv3 MIDI device that BM3 has created for the app.

Added a ruler button on the full-screen sample editor to switch the time reference of the bottom grid between seconds, samples and bars/beats.

When using the “Add to existing layer” sample load method, get the currently selected layer rather than the last one. The layer can be selected from the editor screen > SAMPLES tab, just below the small pads selector.

Added move left/right and zoom in/out tools on the mapping editor toolbar.

The “Stereo to Mono” sample process tool now offers the possibility to use only the left or right channel.

When selecting a sample from the mapping editor, highlight it as well in the “SAMPLES” listing.

When drag’n’dropping a sample that is added to an existing layer, auto-select it in the “SAMPLES” listing.

Added tooltip next to sample markers when moving them, that will follow the current ruler unit (seconds, beats and samples).

Improvements on the “Zero Snap” tool: adapt scan size to the currently visible range and find the closest zero-cross against all channels.

Sample editor zoom in/out is now behaving more naturally.

Sample editor move < and > buttons will now behave more naturally.

Double-tapping the sample editor “START/END” or “LOOP” button will focus and recenter.

In the full-screen sample editor, added a marquee above sample & loop start/end markers to make it more obvious the area can be dragged.

Zoom in/out and |<, <, >, >| functions are now consistent on all three modes: select, slice and normal.

“Grid Snap” can now be used in Slices mode in the sample/slice editor.

Long press on [-] and [+] on the sample editor will resp. fully zoom out or in.

Sequencer
Added a setting for the transport stop behavior: it can either go back to the start of the track, or on the latest position (by pressing the bar / position in SONG mode).

Bug fixes & engine improvements
When drag’n’dropping a sample onto the mapping editor, follow the browser load method.

Fixed a crash that would happen after loading an effect or modulator preset that has modulations or macro’s connected to it.

Fixed an issue in the editor layers/samples list where selecting a sample in another layer would not properly show the “•••” button.

Fixed a browser glitch where the pad loading toolbar would be displayed on top of the Dropbox toolbar.

Fixed an issue where it was not possible to drag’n’drop a sample after C5 on the mapping editor.

Fixed Modulation Delay effect that would still apply processing when depth was set to 0%.

Fixed an issue where the IAA plugin selector list would still display “already loaded” after unloading the app.

Fixed an issue where exporting sliced sample to Apple Loop will not preserve number of beats and tempo.

Fixed an issue in the browser where sharing a file from a group would bogusly pick another file.

Fixed an issue where the small sample editor would not refresh properly after loading a sample.

Fixed an issue with creation of new sample editor file names that could affect note/octave numbering.

Fixed an issue where some sample processing command wouldn’t do anything and would require moving markers beforehand.

Multiple fixes and improvements on the Auto Pan effect: volume will remain constant when bypassing or activating the effect, and improved depth handling.

Fixed a potential crash that could happen when dismissing a text entry.

Fixed AUv3 client UI resize and refresh issues.

Fixed the Auto-Scale feature that wouldn’t set the Fine Tune parameter properly.

Fixed a crash that could happen when using samples with bogus sample start/end or loop start/end information.

Fixed an issue with the validation of purchases on iOS 11.2.

Fixed double tapping of a value in the parameter panel, that would reset it before showing the text input.

Fixed an issue where the mixer would not show any level.

Fixed an issue where audio recording wouldn’t start or record anything.

Fixed a crash that would happen when exporting slices to a new bank.

Fixed a browser issue (library and files mode) that would happen when dropping a file back onto the browser itself, creating an useless duplicate.

Fixed an issue where the sample editor zoom level would reset after using bounds arrow |< and >|.

Fixed a crash that would happen in the full-screen sample editor with no sample loaded.

Fixed a crash that would happen when duplicating pads with AUv3 instruments loaded.

Fixed a playback issue with samples with a 1 frame loop.

Fixed jitter of waveform when zoomed in.

Stability improvements.

Minor visual improvements around the app.

Comments

• That's a lot of words. Just tell me this: can I make the dubstep music with it?

• @ipadthai said:
    That's a lot of words. Just tell me this: can I make the dubstep music with it?

Lol, u can do that in gadget for cheaper and it’s more stable

• Oh dear, the bugs and fixes continue

I’ve never seen an app with a legacy of so many issues

I know many on here are big fans but I regret buying it because it was promised to be universal “soon”, many many bug fixes and not much else...

I feel intua got money for nothing from me lol

Cue...

• Great to see continued updates and fixes :)

• edited December 2017

The amount of new features and improvements they add to the betas on a daily basis is mesmerizing. It's like there is a huge team working on this. Amazing app.

• Nice, look forward to using AUv3 midi plugins like Rozeta with this :)

• @brambos said:
    The amount of new features and improvements they add to the betas on a daily basis is mesmerizing. It's like there is a huge team working on this. Amazing app.

@brambos are you being real or sarcastic. I have not had enough caffeine yet to tell.

• would like to see they release the synth in BM2 as a AU plugin

• @Chaztrip said:

@brambos said:

@brambos are you being real or sarcastic. I have not had enough caffeine yet to tell.

No, I'm serious. Every time I get a beta-update notification I go over the new features and fixes, and without exception these are loooong lists. And they are coming almost evey other day. Mathieu is working his backside off for this app :)

• I love this app, has some flaws yes but I like the workflow

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Why they just don’t fix existing bugs instead adding new features with even more bugs? Looks like never ending buggy story.

• @Love3quency said:
    Oh dear, the bugs and fixes continue

I know many on here are big fans but I regret buying it because it was promised to be universal “soon”, many many bug fixes and not much else...

Cue...

That’s odd. A good chunk of my new album was composed and mastered in BeatMaker3. Sure there are some odd bugs but i never found it to be unstable or unusable. I’ve created some wonderful tracks with this brilliant app.

Glad Matthieu and gang are giving the app so much love and attention.

• What this guy is doing is absolutely incredible.

• Trailblazer!!!! BM3 coming through. Enjoy the ride peeps.

• I work in BM3 daily and I can't recall the last time I ran into a bug or crash. I can't believe the pace at which these devs release really useful updates!

• For example now in last version when I record midi notes sometimes they play back and sometimes don’t. Also AUv3 automation start recording after several try....I don’t know what I’m doing wrong?

• edited December 2017

@Love3quency said:

Cue...

Dear mr. @Love3quency - give me your address and I would give you back your huge amount of 20 bucks you invested in this app...
    And, perhaps then, we can release you from the pain of owning Beatmaker 3, and, we others can move on without a negative user like you...

• Certainly working hard over there. Not being a very good/experienced user, it's hard to know from that big long list what to get excited about on it. Anyone care to point out the likely highlights?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Certainly working hard over there. Not being a very good/experienced user, it's hard to know from that big long list what to get excited about on it. Anyone care to point out the likely highlights?

1.Better sample editing/slicing
    2.Better song arranging
    3.Better AU hosting

• I never understood why people complain about bug fixes and there being bugs in software. It’s inevitable. I applaud the developers for the continued updates to fix the issue and also bring new features. Much better than no updates for months

• Amazing amount of updates for this app. I don’t use it much, at the moment, but nice to know it’s there.

• new update, sweet.
    jeez, like the product we're running it on is bug free!
    coming from rocky bilbao to bm3, ping :smiley: happy days

• edited December 2017

Holy cripes. Nice one. I like how au midi is just sort of tossed in there about 3 updates down. :smile:

• @Love3quency said:

@ipadthai said:
    That's a lot of words. Just tell me this: can I make the dubstep music with it?

Lol, u can do that in gadget for cheaper and it’s more stable

@Love3quency said:

Cue...

So angry. Lol...

• Man some of the negative things I read.
    Gadget is not cheaper nor is it more capable than beatmaker 3 gadget will hit you for 340.00 vs 40.00 not quite the same...unless you are talking about gadget without buying more gadgets...then you won’t have a sampler at all...so that comparison was ridiculous...also the pattern type sequencer of gadget is kinda iffy and limited in one way...not much in the way of vocals, Efx, or leads start on the one...so if it doesn’t start on the one it’s shitty to try to program in gadget. I’m not saying gadget is bad by any means but they are definitely from two different workflows ...beatmaker is heavily more capable than gadget...in routing, in modulation, in sampling power, in audio tracks, in effects options...just way deeper. I use gadget to make stems to fly into beatmaker3 or my mpclive to make songs...never vice versa.

The intua team are constantly and consistently supporting their app...adding features requested by everyone, fixing problems that everyone encounters...and for this they get ranted on?

Beatmaker3 is highly deep as an app...it does many many things, it beats hardware sampling abilities found in boxes and racks costing thousands and yet ridicule. This is a complicated powerhouse app, it’ll get there, if it isn’t coming fast enough for you...build something better? As for me and my money and my workflow I’m seriously happy with bm3 and I clearly believe in intua and love what they are doing!

In fact beatmaker 1 is the reason I bought an ipad!

• edited December 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @ErrkaPetti said:

@Love3quency said:

Cue...

Dear mr. @Love3quency - give me your address and I would give you back your huge amount of 20 bucks you invested in this app...
    And, perhaps then, we can release you from the pain of owning Beatmaker 3, and, we others can move on without a negative user like you...

Lol

I’m not a user, I purchased it for when iPhone version comes out

I’m d> @MrSmileZ said:

Man some of the negative things I read.
    Gadget is not cheaper nor is it more capable than beatmaker 3 gadget will hit you for 340.00 vs 40.00 not quite the same...unless you are talking about gadget without buying more gadgets...then you won’t have a sampler at all...so that comparison was ridiculous...also the pattern type sequencer of gadget is kinda iffy and limited in one way...not much in the way of vocals, Efx, or leads start on the one...so if it doesn’t start on the one it’s shitty to try to program in gadget. I’m not saying gadget is bad by any means but they are definitely from two different workflows ...beatmaker is heavily more capable than gadget...in routing, in modulation, in sampling power, in audio tracks, in effects options...just way deeper. I use gadget to make stems to fly into beatmaker3 or my mpclive to make songs...never vice versa.

The intua team are constantly and consistently supporting their app...adding features requested by everyone, fixing problems that everyone encounters...and for this they get ranted on?

Beatmaker3 is highly deep as an app...it does many many things, it beats hardware sampling abilities found in boxes and racks costing thousands and yet ridicule. This is a complicated powerhouse app, it’ll get there, if it isn’t coming fast enough for you...build something better? As for me and my money and my workflow I’m seriously happy with bm3 and I clearly believe in intua and love what they are doing!

In fact beatmaker 1 is the reason I bought an ipad!

I used to love BM1 on my old iPod lol

I use GarageBand and that’s cool for now and I’ll check NS2 out once he releases universal version and I trust this developer as he is quick at keeping his promises

If people love BM3 then great, I’m just stating my own relative experience that’s all but... despite all the advanced features of the app, I’ve not yet heard any full tracks of a pro level come from it yet, just experiments

• It's great that BM3 is being updated like it is. Hoping some of the ideas I've requested get worked on but I'd rather that time be spent on stability. I felt like a traitor picking up Cubasis but it was a deal and I had never used it. The one thing I noticed about more commercial DAW's is that they seem to push updates when they have something new to sell.