Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Garageband Updating in US store

Sorry no link.

Comments

• Disregard. It started updating and stopped. Maybe their testing.

• Lol. It's back again. I had my ipad on automatic update for today.

• I can't find it if I search, but... If you look on featured apps then go to all apps made by Apple it shows up (along with iMovie, Numbers, etc). Downloading now

• Downloaded. Pretty pretty cool that there's an option for inter app input with the guitar amps, so one can use nave for instance and have that go through a GarageBand stomp box

• edited October 2013

updating (german store).Fine that IAA but without Midi or at least Sync its worth nothing to me.or can i record the IAA notes into the GB sequencer?that would be cool

• edited October 2013

meh,it records the iaa synth straight as an audio signal.That is so useless for me,cant believe that.Would be so easy for them to send some midi to the node.I can imagine it's more of a joy to use it with effect nodes but i need to buy some IAA effects first

• i am going to post on App store asking for this feature midi for IAA

• Update from the spanish store.
    Am I wrong, or previous owners don't need to do IAP ?

• yes,that's true.

• edited October 2013

Looks to me that there a number of instruments that we are used to that aren't in the free version, but if you bought it originally, then you are credited for that and all instruments are immediately available. So no "new" instruments then (yet...)

• Please don't test this out just for the sake of testing it but has anyone (who has previously paid for GB) tried:
    1) Installing GB on a new device that has never had GB on it before?
    2) Installing GB on a device that didn't currently have GB (even if it had it before and was then deleted)?

Explanation: I'm curious to understand how GB detects that you are a previous GB owner or a new one. AFAIK there is no way for 3rd party apps to detect this. Updating an existing installation allows this detection but a clean install has no way to know.

• I installed it and it installed as the old version initially but then offered the upgrade through the AppStore

• @Rhism I imagine Apple has their own API calls to check for that since they're privy to your Apple ID history, etc. The same way they can check to see if you've purchased any app previously for free re-downloading.

• A real shame they didn't add midi.

• "coulda been a contender..."

• edited October 2013

It can be done.

Set up your IAA in garageband and make sure background audio is on.

Load cubasis and set routing to your loaded IAA instrument,in GB.

Record your midi sequence in cubasis.

Then goto GB and record your sequence.

Only thing missing is midi sync...you'll need to chop the front and end off the file

Long winded but can be done...not that I'll be doing it.

Or just wait for cubasis to update:)

• You can Sample directly into the Sampler :)
    I like it, easy, uncluttered, creative sketchpad. Will definitely continue to use this one alongside Cubasis update when that becomes available.

• I'm hoping that Cubasis will show how it SHOULD be done!