Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audioshare/ export whole folders?

I am trying to use audioshare to export whole folders of trimmed WAVs into Mobilelite app. So far I can only export single files, and its a bit of a pain.

Comments

• Not familiar with Mobilelite, but I often will make a zip archive of a folder in AudioShare if I want to move its entire contents. Of course your destination will need the ability to extract the contents. Have you tried selecting / highlighting multiple files before giving the transfer command? I think that works with some apps but I can’t verify.

• Don't know much about the MobileLite?(is it the flash drive app for Kingston stuff right?).

If MobileLite has DocumentPicker support you might be able to add files to it that way?
    (ie. browse to AudioShare from the MobileLite app and import the files).

Most of the time I just zip the folder first and then export the zip-file.

• edited December 2017

Right on, ill check the zip capabilities, thanks yall!

• Mobilelite repeatedly crashes when i try to unzip my zip, so prolly no support on that front. I can export the whole folder from audioshare to dropbox and or files app, but no way from there into mobilelite. Heres to hoping Kingston gets their shit together and updates this buggy ass app!

• @Gaia.Tree said:
    Mobilelite repeatedly crashes when i try to unzip my zip, so prolly no support on that front. I can export the whole folder from audioshare to dropbox and or files app, but no way from there into mobilelite. Heres to hoping Kingston gets their shit together and updates this buggy ass app!

There are too many of these 'proprietary' apps to handle different flash devices...

Apple should really open up iOS and let the Files.app access all mass storage devices, no hacks, no custom apps. It can be done as shown by the Jailbreak community...

• @Samu said:

@Gaia.Tree said:
    Mobilelite repeatedly crashes when i try to unzip my zip, so prolly no support on that front. I can export the whole folder from audioshare to dropbox and or files app, but no way from there into mobilelite. Heres to hoping Kingston gets their shit together and updates this buggy ass app!

There are too many of these 'proprietary' apps to handle different flash devices...

Apple should really open up iOS and let the Files.app access all mass storage devices, no hacks, no custom apps. It can be done as shown by the Jailbreak community...

Yup, I was hoping Files.app was going to make my life easier. Its still pretty quick to just export one by one, but my dreams of stuffing my Octatrack full of perfectly trimmed and pitched samples are going to be a hair more modest now ;)

• @Gaia.Tree said:

Yup, I was hoping Files.app was going to make my life easier. Its still pretty quick to just export one by one, but my dreams of stuffing my Octatrack full of perfectly trimmed and pitched samples are going to be a hair more modest now ;)

With the addition of Documents by Readle (NAS access, web-download etc.) it's quite handy :)

As for 'hardware' iOS already supports the devices but limits access to the DCIM folder.
    (Try this, create a DCIM folder on your flash drive and voila Photos app starts when you plug it in).

So at some point the Apple will have to 'let loose' (I think iOS12) and let the Files.app / DocumentPicker access attached flash-media and mass storage devices. I mean It would be nice to just pop in the microSD card from my Zoom H1 in to Apples very own Lightning->CardReader and import files directly to BM3...

• Ooh checking out Documents app, thanks for the tip!

• successful transfer of a folder (or folder hierarchy) from Audioshare depends a lot on the receiving side's software.
    Did this yesterday with a Synology NAS with very mixed results (there's a file and a so calked cloud app)

The file app cannot transfer folders from Audioshare's Export item on the popup menu, unless you zip them (as already mentioned)
    The cloud thing in fact can do this with even a full hierarchy tree, but the data received seems to be hidden from other clients, even the file administration app on the NAS itself.
    But Audioshare finds and imports them just fine, if you choose the same location.

• edited December 2017

You can zip up folders in audioshare. Long press