Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cornflower compressor any one?

seems to be a waste of money. and the inbuilt support chat is useless as i got no answer within one week... another Lone Star review done!

Comments

• I use it sometimes as a quick and dirty experiment, you really have to turn down some of the filters to find a subtle sweet spot.

I use korvpressor a lot, and pro-c in auria. what other compressors do people like?

• Honestly NYCompressor is the only one that doesn’t have tradeoffs when compressing. Rough Rider will darken the signal, so I only use it in low end stuff. Cornflower is so weird that I only use it when I’m not looking for something specific. Behavior is pretty unpredictable imo. Korvpressor I can only use 1 out of 10 times when I don’t need to adjust a release setting. I absolutely hate it on drums unless I don’t care about them sounding natural. I don’t have Pro-C in Auria but I have it on my desktop. If it were an AU I would have no need for any other compressor.

Honorable mention for Push because it’s really super capable, but for my workflow I definitely need my compressor to be an AU.

• @johnfromberkeley said:
    I use it sometimes as a quick and dirty experiment, you really have to turn down some of the filters to find a subtle sweet spot.

I use korvpressor a lot, and pro-c in auria. what other compressors do people like?

+1 for Korvpressor. And of course Pro-C / Pro-MB. NYCompressor gets a lot of use in my AUM sessions, particularly in M/S Mode. It’s a great tool to have for enhancing or widening the sound stage. I also get a lot of mileage out of RoughRider2. Not for transparent or subtle uses so much, but more as an effect for parallel drum annihialttion and such. I sometimes use, but have mixed feelings about the LA2A and Fairchild compressors in Bias, but they’re certainly worth looking at.

• I like Korvpressor for DI guitar, which I am a big fan of and use a lot.