Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Someone with an iPad 4 can test this out ?

I used to have an iPad 4 and it was blazing fast. Now I have a Mini, which I like better, but it's a slug.

Basically I want to open Audiobus, set Nanostudio as a destination, and Animoog (or other serious synth like iSem, iMini, etc) & Chordion (as a controller) in the source.

I want to see a video of someone doing this to compare how long it takes on an iPad 4 to open this setup. On the Mini... let's say all your music making mood is lost :))

Plus... iOS keeps hanging Nanonstudio or Animoog because of performance issues. I've seen that with IAA in Tabletop I can open 3 synths, but... CPU doesn't cope with all the notes. But at Least I don't keep switching between them.

I would really appreciate if someone can make a video.. or time this setup.

Let's hope with the new iPads they'll launch today, these problems will be long forgotten :D

Comments

• @alexbuga
    Pretty much as you imagine, or would hope for, I set it up and it happened lickety-split, as fast as I could tap the screen. This on iPad 4 with all kinds of crap in the background (Alchemy, interwebs, gmail...)
    Sorry no video