Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Official FM Player Video + Download Link - Thanks everyone!

13»

Comments

• @TozBourne - Thank you!
    @Masanga - Thanks for the kind words!

• edited December 2017

Something really fun is to use a touch of the bitcrush knob to get beautiful sparkling tones out of the presets. Check out this video for an example. Plus, there are some really nice custom tweaks in this video you can use in your own presets:

Blown away by the tones in this video

• As an Electronic Musician magazine subscriber, I'm completely floored right now to see FM Player in there. Thanks everyone for your support! I'm going to go have a drink now, finally.

https://www.emusician.com/gear/free-stuff-december-10-2017

• Suggest that gets framed and put in the bathroom :) Well done!

• edited December 2017

@NoiseHorse said:
    Left a 5 star review. It really does sound fantastic. Thanks for giving us this great Synth.

>

Ditto.

The app is a delight for trained musicians and dabblers alike. Bravo. Altruism is alive and well.

• It does sound wonderful - even better than an actual DX7 thanks to the effects and the layering on the MkII version. The only thing I noticed was that I left it in background and it seemed to be a huge drain on the battery. Anyone else noticed this?

• @analog_matt Since I'm mostly using the touch-screen on my iPad to play the instruments I do wonder if there even a remote possibility of adding 'y-axis velocity'(Ie. bottom of the key = full velocity, top of the key = lowest velocity) to FM Player I would make me happy :)

• edited December 2017

Finally Tried it with my small midi controller at home thru some old Alesis M1s wow!! That first patch DX Elec Piano, it really gets me so inspired especially when you hit the keys a bit harder oooh so tasty!

• @Samu said:
    @analog_matt Since I'm mostly using the touch-screen on my iPad to play the instruments I do wonder if there even a remote possibility of adding 'y-axis velocity'(Ie. bottom of the key = full velocity, top of the key = lowest velocity) to FM Player I would make me happy :)

Thanks, I'll add that to the suggestions

• @PhilW said:
    It does sound wonderful - even better than an actual DX7 thanks to the effects and the layering on the MkII version. The only thing I noticed was that I left it in background and it seemed to be a huge drain on the battery. Anyone else noticed this?

Ack! I'll look into that

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Finally Tried it with my small midi controller at home thru some old Alesis M1s wow!! That first patch DX Elec Piano, it really gets me so inspired especially when you hit the keys a bit harder oooh so tasty!

Thanks MM4C. Those sounds get me too. <3 It's like going back in time!

• Can’t keep my fingers off this app. Superb design. Would like it to retain last setting and/or state save under AB3.

• @Zen210507 said:
    Can’t keep my fingers off this app. Superb design. Would like it to retain last setting and/or state save under AB3.

Does it recall the preset in AB3? (I know it does not recall all the settings). We tried to add code that would send a program change to the correct preset used in AB3 as some (minimal, I know) help

• @analog_matt said:
    Does it recall the preset in AB3?

>

Oops, my mistake. FM did not recall preset the first time, but just now it worked perfectly. AB3 can be a bit temperamental, sometimes. :)

• edited December 2017

@Zen210507 said:

@analog_matt said:
    Does it recall the preset in AB3?

>

Oops, my mistake. FM did not recall preset the first time, but just now it worked perfectly. AB3 can be a bit temperamental, sometimes. :)

AB3 is great. I am sure it is my code.

Everyone -
    I left the AB3 program channel state code out of the ROM Player code to keep the code base light. If anyone needs the code, I am happy to share. That way, we won't create more work/questions for Michael and the rest of the Audiobus team. Our code is basic, and just saves/recalls the preset number. However, you can use it as a template for adding more robust state saving.

• edited December 2017

Got my internet up and running again so I just downloaded this synth and I remembered (we all should) to use Dougs’ link at thesoundtestroom youtube station in the description
    Excited to dive in :)
    I don’t know if Doug gets anything for a free download but it’s good to remind ourselves to use his links to any app we wish to purchase