Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Official FM Player Video + Download Link - Thanks everyone!

Comments

• Haven't had time to review yet, but I will. I'm not a keyboard player or synth guy, but man I love this little guy. Sounds are wonderful. I was able to get it to work with Geoshred, which is great for me, but couldn't get it to record into Auria, which is too bad. But thanks tons. Nice clean interface, very understandable and I love the sounds.

• Nice work, many thanks !

• Host it in AUM or AB3 that will work perfectly!
    ;)

@rickwaugh said:
    Haven't had time to review yet, but I will. I'm not a keyboard player or synth guy, but man I love this little guy. Sounds are wonderful. I was able to get it to work with Geoshred, which is great for me, but couldn't get it to record into Auria, which is too bad. But thanks tons. Nice clean interface, very understandable and I love the sounds.

• This is so cool not an fm lover but a bit f cutoff and resonance and we are in the zone. Au please

• Love the stereo widen button.

• @rickwaugh - Thanks! Hoping to make FM sounds accessible to everyone! Even non-keyboard players!
    @Paul16 - Awesome, Thanks!
    @SheffieldBleep - Thanks! Agreed, Filters make everything better!

• edited December 2017

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Love the stereo widen button.

Right?! I wish I could take full credit for that. It was the suggestion of Chase Dobson, the Ableton Tech for M83, Rhianna, and Tycho during the alpha. He showed me this trick he was doing in Ableton to widen tracks, and I was like - DUDE I'm stealing that for all my apps!

• @analog_matt said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Right?! I wish I could take full credit for that. It was the suggestion of Chase Dobson, the Ableton Tech for M83, Rhianna, and Tycho during the alpha. He showed me this trick he was doing in Ableton to widen tracks, and I was like - DUDE I'm stealing that for all my apps!

Not stealing, but instead selecting... :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

Hehe. B)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@analog_matt said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

It's not stealing - it's an homage

• Matt ,thank you so much! A truly wonderful gift.

• @analog_matt thank you soooo much! Sounds brilliant and v authentic.

• @greenie - thank you!
    @receder - THank you!

• edited December 2017

It sounds really good! Also, I've recorded it into Garageband with no problems! Also, effects are good too. A touch of reverb within the app makes everything sound even better. I'll check it out with other effects within AUM later.
    Here's a little bit of sounds from the app, direct recording to Garageband:

• @nothumanatall - thanks for making that, I am watching now!

• Pure brilliance

• Great sounding app, would love a fine tune knob though!

• @Gaia.Tree said:
    Great sounding app, would love a fine tune knob though!

Me too. Maybe we can even talk superstar Microtonal dev @marcussatellite into adding microtonal support for the FM Player :) . Then it would be like a DX7 with an E! GreyMatter board

• Wow really cool ! Thanks Matt

• @Ribbon said:
    This looks so lush.
    Any chance it might someday also be available for iOS9?

For what it's worth, if you're jailbroken it works in 9.3.3 under LowerInstall, apart from the links to external sites (so don't tap the website button, or the in-app rating prompt…).

• Great work! Thank you

• Really dig the sounds. I always said that iOS needed a DX7, and while this can't run the programs, it has to be the best samples/representations of those I've heard on an iPad. The simplicity of the FX layout is great too - something a lot of other developers could take note of. I'm coming from a guitar background, so the reverb knob that morphs from a room/ambient type to a swirling canyon was appreciated.

AU instrument capability would be nice, but I'm being greedy - it does AB and IAA, and sounds great standalone.

• @rickwaugh said:
    Haven't had time to review yet, but I will. I'm not a keyboard player or synth guy, but man I love this little guy. Sounds are wonderful. I was able to get it to work with Geoshred, which is great for me, but couldn't get it to record into Auria, which is too bad. But thanks tons. Nice clean interface, very understandable and I love the sounds.

Have you tested to put FM Player as an insert effect to an audiotrack instead (when recording into Auria Pro)?

• @Masanga said:

@Ribbon said:
    This looks so lush.
    Any chance it might someday also be available for iOS9?

For what it's worth, if you're jailbroken it works in 9.3.3 under LowerInstall, apart from the links to external sites (so don't tap the website button, or the in-app rating prompt…).

Thanks! Mm, very tempted to jailbreak now...

• looks great on my ipad pro 12

• edited December 2017

J_B1GS- Thank you!
    MeatWalrus- Thank you!

For those using with jailbroke devices: Please use the app with iOS 9.3 at your own risk- I can not guarantee it will work properly!

• edited December 2017

@StormJH1 said:
    it has to be the best samples/representations of those I've heard on an iPad. The simplicity of the FX layout is great too... I'm coming from a guitar background, so the reverb knob that morphs from a room/ambient type to a swirling canyon was appreciated.

Thanks! That reverb code is actually based on some code Sean Costello (from Valhalla Reverb) generously contributed to open-source over a decade ago. That's the beauty of open-source. If someone contributes something now, someone could still use your code 10 years later to make something new!

• @analog_matt said:
    J_B1GS- Thank you!
    MeatWalrus- Thank you!

For those using with jailbroke devices: Please use the app with iOS 9.3 at your own risk- I can not guarantee it will work properly!

For what it's worth, I've also had no problems in 9.3.3 with Kaspar, Kauldron, Scythe (Burgerkone), or Samplebot, other than that AU functionality seems to break.

• Need to add my two cents...I’ve only played with it for a bit, but man it sounds so good. Thanks Matt for giving this away.

• Thanks so far have been understandably focused on the sounds, which are absolutely gorgeous and come dangerously close to blowing Syntronik out of the water – but even more significant is the open-sourcing. I for one can't wait for Monday, and it's a fantastic present for the devs here.