Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New iPads with 8 cores and face id

2»

Comments

• @Max23 said:
    Nah, I mean it’s nice to listen to what you are playing and not to your computers fan.

I wonder how they solved this on the MacBookPro. No fan Noise coming from these. Might have to do with the Aluminium body

• To me, it’s all irrelevant until they are out in the wild and we see it it runs ok without all the problems the 2017 models had.

• Looks and sounds horrible. Just like iPad 3. Like a lemon iPad. Horrible. So ugly. Soooooo ugly.:(

I bought a new iPad yesterday and it is so much better. So much better. Much moar beautiful as well. We all know if there's no "X" on the cpoo it's a lemon.

• (and I haven't even unboxed it yet! So much better!)

• edited December 2017

Neural engine? I thought we are the ones with the brains.

• I can't work out how you would hold it without having fingers on the screen ?

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    To me, it’s all irrelevant until they are out in the wild and we see it it runs ok without all the problems the 2017 models had.

+1 :)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Max23 said:
    BTW. My laptop makes a lot of noise when I use it.
    The iPads are completely silent.

This and the mouse/keyboard are 2 major reasons why I will not go back to PC music.

• We had an iPad Air 2 fail about 48 hours ago, consensus is battery fried something.

Yesterday, my other half’s iPad Mini also failed. Screen lights up then vanishes to black after seconds.

Today, via Apple Customer Services, talking to a Scottish flavoured AI about changing delivery dates of a replacement iPad ordered, I eventually spoke to a great Irish chap who was very helpful.

Re the two busted devices, I still have to be fit enough to get into my nearest Apple store, and make an appointment with the modestly titled ‘Genius Bar’ but there is at least hope of eventual resolution.

As for iPads to come, I fear the less for more ethos is coming our way.

• @supadom said:

@Max23 said:

This and the mouse/keyboard are 2 major reasons why I will not go back to PC music.

Mouse/Keyboard i can understand, but noise is something you can easily avoid when building your own machine.

• edited December 2017

@iOSounddesign said:

@supadom said:

@Max23 said:

Mouse/Keyboard i can understand, but noise is something you can easily avoid when building your own machine.

Its not just the noise but dust and movable parts too.

It is also likely to be thicker. I'm talking tablets really. Surface vs iPad etc

• @supadom said:

@iOSounddesign said:

@supadom said:

@Max23 said:

Its no just t the noise but dust and movable parts too.

most good PC-cases have easily (magnetic) removable dust filters. If you don't want moving parts, check this out: http://fanlessfan.com/

• edited December 2017

3 high-power and 5 low-power cores.

i would prefer 8 high-power cores in PRO version of iPAd .. this doesn't sound too much optimistic to me .. we don't need low power cores for music apps :)

• @AudioGus said:
    Where I am at now with my ipad5 and BM3 is that clearly my personal ability as a 'composer/producer' is the weakest part of the system. It will take years to upgrade that.

Hey quit talking about me.

• @Max23 said:
    A little thicker and with 2 hours more battery life, please.

This, or make a Pro Pro iPad that is as thick as a Surface Pro. That way it can have double the battery, more ports, better audio out, 1 tb SS drive and 8gb ram. And do all this for a grand. And stop ya moaning about needing more profits to buy more swish buildings and yachts ;)