Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Christmas List Questions

2»

Comments

• @JohnnyGoodyear you should keep him on FL since he has a good workflow on it. When he gets older and his and learns even more about music, he can look for different tools to fill the gaps he feels he is missing.

• edited December 2017

@Noirflux said:
    @JohnnyGoodyear you should keep him on FL since he has a good workflow on it. When he gets older and his and learns even more about music, he can look for different tools to fill the gaps he feels he is missing.

I think you're right. I've also been very very careful about the whole intervening thing. If you know anything about smart (and smart-mouthed) 15 year old boys you'll know that either having the mother telling them that shirt makes you look lovely darling or the dad saying I know what's best for you sonny.... is guaranteed to have them hurtling off in the opposite direction while doing the full Dick Cheney snarl. So, yeah.... :)

• Has he actually pined for a different controller?

• @syrupcore said:
    Has he actually pined for a different controller?

No.

But he has usurped my Yamaha AND I think he will like the extra bells and whistles. The notion is that I buy the Novation and if he wants it I get the Yamaha back and if he doesn't I will inherit the new thing. Normal parental horse-trading and weaselly self-justification etc :) What's YOUR big gift from Santa going to be this year?

• edited December 2017

I had the launckey for a while and the in-control worked very well in Ableton, you don't need the mouse for recording clips and arranging ideas. I saw Novation have a promo on this controller now, free copy of Addictive Drums 2

https://global.novationmusic.com/community/news/free-addictive-drums-2

• edited December 2017

@BlueGreenSpiral said:
    I had the launckey for a while and the in-control worked very well in Ableton, you don't need the mouse for recording clips and arranging ideas. I saw Novation have a promo on this controller now, free copy of Addictive Drums 2

https://global.novationmusic.com/community/news/free-addictive-drums-2

Good to know BGS. Thanks.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Noirflux said:
    @JohnnyGoodyear you should keep him on FL since he has a good workflow on it. When he gets older and his and learns even more about music, he can look for different tools to fill the gaps he feels he is missing.

I think you're right. I've also been very very careful about the whole intervening thing. If you know anything about smart (and smart-mouthed) 15 year old boys you'll know that either having the mother telling them that shirt makes you look lovely darling or the dad saying I know what's best for you sonny.... is guaranteed to have them hurtling off in the opposite direction while doing the full Dick Cheney snarl. So, yeah.... :)

very true! lol When I was younger, no one could tell me anything!

• @MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    So, The Kid got a Launchpad Mini last year and has been really going great guns with it along with other things. He's now playing a lot with FL 12 and mastering it. We do have a really nice large old Yamaha electric piano set up in his room. Just midi in and out, no pads or controller options but it is a beautiful thing to play which it should be because while it's 25 years old it did cost a couple of grand back then....has great feel....ANYWAY, am thinking about getting him a Novation Launchkey 49 USB Keyboard Controller for Christmas BUT it's really pimped for Ableton more than anything. No doubt will work fine with FL Studio but two questions I guess:

One: Before he develops any further is it worth it for him to switch to Abelton rather than FL? Or does it really make little difference as long as he's working it (which he is) and....

Two: The Launchkey is $200 and seems like decent bang for the buck. I would probably swing upto 3/350. Anything you know of that for the extra cash would be that much more worth it?

Thanks in advance etc. I just want to keep his enthusiasm for music and his fun with making it going if I can....

Have you seen many examples of the keyboard working with the iPad? I’ve seen a few, but they’re focusing on the Launchpad app. Jakob demos it with apps that support MIDI learn, but not sure if you can save the setup, or as is the case with my crappy Edirol - have to set it up every time.

Did see a badly done vid of some bloke using it with Gadget - using pads and knobs, but no info on how he’d done it.

It’s frustrating when there are so many videos of the same bloody thing!

Did you see this?

Says its 'In Control' system works with a variety of DAWS (they go through some).....think I'm going to get it. My guess is The Kid will choose to stay with the Yamaha (I would) and I'll be impressed in some ways if he does (pretty mature decision in face of the faders and flashy bits), but I won't mind being the back up plan.... :)

Cheers Boss, hadn’t seen that one, and there’s a bit more info in there. He mentioned being able to save custom mappings, which is the important bit.

£174 is a pretty good price, definitely on the list.

This might not be on the list now...sounds like Maschine has its own MIDI thing so the pads don’t trigger drum pads in the software, and it doesn’t save your custom maps. Automation movements aren’t recorded at all. Won’t affect you as you don’t use Maschine, but it’s wrapped my excitement in damp wool for the time being as Maschine is my thing.

So I either ask Santa for:

A Launchkey that works with the iPad and Logic (which I don’t really use) but not that well with Maschine,

Or break the bank and get an NI controller that works with Maschine but not very well with everything else (not going to happen)

Think myself lucky I even get a pair of novelty socks.

Or think of something else.

• @MonzoPro said:

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

I’m breaking into a cold sweat just thinking of trying that out here...