DEMO VIDEO: MultiTrack DAW as Quick Loop Trimmer (NO DIALOG)

Watch and thrill as I copy a two hour audio file from AudioShare into MultiTrack DAW, match the tempo/align the beat, cut out a four bar loop, and copy it back to AudioShare. This is a quick and easy way to extract the choice loops from a longer jam.
iPad Pro 10.5, iOS 11.1.1
https://youtu.be/PY-Lel7NF7Y

Comments

  • Interesting. No sound until 2.37. By design I guess, but lots of us fools (esp. those who don't use this DAW :)) would have got something out of some background chatter maybe...still an interesting reference point etc.

  • @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Interesting. No sound until 2.37. By design I guess, but lots of us fools (esp. those who don't use this DAW :)) would have got something out of some background chatter maybe...still an interesting reference point etc.

    I agree, some dialog is better. Need to get me a mic. This video was mostly to hopefully answer a question someone had. Thanks for looking!

  • edited December 2017

    @audiorangutan said:

    @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Interesting. No sound until 2.37. By design I guess, but lots of us fools (esp. those who don't use this DAW :)) would have got something out of some background chatter maybe...still an interesting reference point etc.

    I agree, some dialog is better. Need to get me a mic. This video was mostly to hopefully answer a question someone had. Thanks for looking!

    Or even a text trail on the screen saying No need to check your system's sound, bash your headphones on your lap, open up another vid in youtube just to check, there isn't any until 2.37...

    :)

  • @JohnnyGoodyear said:

    @audiorangutan said:

    @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Interesting. No sound until 2.37. By design I guess, but lots of us fools (esp. those who don't use this DAW :)) would have got something out of some background chatter maybe...still an interesting reference point etc.

    I agree, some dialog is better. Need to get me a mic. This video was mostly to hopefully answer a question someone had. Thanks for looking!

    Or even a text trail on the screen saying No need to check your system's sound, bash your headphones on your lap, open up another vid in youtube just to check, there isn't any until 2.37...

    :)

    Ouch. I’ll add a disclaimer.

  • Nicely done. Although you can do all that within AudioShare, no? Select the loop, trim it and find the tempo in the same tool?

  • @ExAsperis99 said:
    Nicely done. Although you can do all that within AudioShare, no? Select the loop, trim it and find the tempo in the same tool?

    Good point! The problem though is that AudioShare can’t zoom in far enough with bigger files (this one was 2 hours) to accurately set the trim points. I do use AudioShare in this way for smaller stuff.

  • @audiorangutan said:

    @ExAsperis99 said:
    Nicely done. Although you can do all that within AudioShare, no? Select the loop, trim it and find the tempo in the same tool?

    Good point! The problem though is that AudioShare can’t zoom in far enough with bigger files (this one was 2 hours) to accurately set the trim points. I do use AudioShare in this way for smaller stuff.

    Of course. You'd have to trim and trim and trim....
    God would AudsioShare be the greatest app ever if you could zoom in at sample level....

Sign In or Register to comment.