Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Video jam Korg ids-10 song mode jam

Made some patterns ids-10 and used the song mode + mutes to arrange.

Comments

• Wow never seen this one before is this synth available in Gadget as well? I would like to get a Korg app but can't decide which one is best for beginners. Does this one come with lots presets? Is easier to learn than Gadget? Sorry for all the questions still trying to figure things out.

• Hey very cool! That looks like a super fun little groove box.

• @MikeHunt It doesn't work with Gadget. It is an iOS port of a pretty amazing Nintendo DS game(?). It is really easy to figure out, and is is surprisingly versatile for such a seemingly smallish app. Gadget is pretty easy to figure out as well, and I would recommend getting that one. It's a little pricey, but goes on sale frequently for around $20.
    iKaosillator is another easy Korg app to get into, loads of fun.

I saw that you really like ThumbJam. As a side note I would recommend Bebot. It is similar to ThumbJam to play, but has amazing synth sounds hiding behind its cute interface.

• @Mikehunt I would go with ikaossilator or Gadget over this. I have all 3. Gadget is where you have many options to make professional type stuff, Ikaossilator is pure fun, but i find ids-10 to be a little wonky to work with though it can be fun.

• @MikeHunt said:
    Wow never seen this one before is this synth available in Gadget as well? I would like to get a Korg app but can't decide which one is best for beginners. Does this one come with lots presets? Is easier to learn than Gadget? Sorry for all the questions still trying to figure things out.

As the others have said, this is a fun little app, but is somewhat wonky and a bit more specialized than Gadget.
    I am not the world's number 1 Gadget fan, but I would definitely go with it over IDS-10 as a beginner.

• @db909 said:
    @Mikehunt I would go with ikaossilator or Gadget over this. I have all 3. Gadget is where you have many options to make professional type stuff, Ikaossilator is pure fun, but i find ids-10 to be a little wonky to work with though it can be fun.

Same, but I’d add that until Yamaha bring vocaloid to stores outside Japan, iDS-10 is the best ‘sings what you type’ app I know of. More of a toy than a tool, but, you know, sings what you type :)

• @Souper said:

@db909 said:
    @Mikehunt I would go with ikaossilator or Gadget over this. I have all 3. Gadget is where you have many options to make professional type stuff, Ikaossilator is pure fun, but i find ids-10 to be a little wonky to work with though it can be fun.

Same, but I’d add that until Yamaha bring vocaloid to stores outside Japan, iDS-10 is the best ‘sings what you type’ app I know of. More of a toy than a tool, but, you know, sings what you type :)

You're typing dirty filthy things in there aren't you? Don't lie

• @db909 said:

You're typing dirty filthy things in there aren't you? Don't lie

Lol, :# (don’t tell mrs souper)