Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

possible fix for battery drain on ios 11

i noticed with the advent of 11, my screen brightness was making radical fade-outs, visibly darkening almost to nil. (anyone else seeing this?)

weird behavior, and also a sign that auto brightness was on, and it was wonky.

when i looked at settings for display and brightness, the option to turn off the auto adjust was gone...

it seems that with the advent of 11, the setting for “Auto-Brightness” moved from “Settings/Display & Brightness/Auto-Brightness” to “Settings/General/Accessability/Display Accomodations/Auto-Brightness”

in my experience auto-brightness is a battery drain, as much as excessively bright screens can be...

field tests continue.

Comments

• I noticed this too but didn’t look deep enough to find it. Thanks for sharing.

• @Keebo said:
    I noticed this too but didn’t look deep enough to find it. Thanks for sharing.

:)
    i think this has been what’s killing my iphone batt, and not the AUM/Rozeta/Zeeon setups...

• Funny, it says turning it off may affect battery life. It doesnt say it makes things better lol

• Yeah they hid auto-brightness real good this time. For the first few hours after I updated, the auto-adjusting was ALL over the place and constant, even though I was in the same room with the same lighting the while time.

• Anything starting with “auto” or “smart” is suspect :D

• edited December 2017

@fprintf said:
    Funny, it says turning it off may affect battery life. It doesnt say it makes things better lol

yep that struck me as an funny statement- funny as in weird. turning off auto brightness is a definite battery saver when one also rolls off the brightness, a measure always recommended in articles on how-to-increase-yer-iDevice-battery-life

and there’s a new setting now: “Reduce white point” that i’m guessing improves battery life, but in this case when turned on.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    Thanks dude :)

hope it helps, and thanks back at you: thanks for the tasty WaveMapper banks...

• Good tip, thanks.

• @Littlewoodg said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    Thanks dude :)

hope it helps, and thanks back at you: thanks for the tasty WaveMapper banks...

You’re welcome. Updated bank just uploaded :)

• For what it's worth: the unpredictable and rapid brightness changes when "Auto brightness" is turned on often happen because you unintentionally (and unconsciously) cover the ambient light sensor briefly with your hand... happens frequently for me when jamming around heavily in music apps :) (one prime example is using the controller strip on the left in Xequence's keyboard, with the ambient light sensor directly under your hand).

• edited December 2017

@SevenSystems said:
    For what it's worth: the unpredictable and rapid brightness changes when "Auto brightness" is turned on often happen because you unintentionally (and unconsciously) cover the ambient light sensor briefly with your hand... happens frequently for me when jamming around heavily in music apps :) (one prime example is using the controller strip on the left in Xequence's keyboard, with the ambient light sensor directly under your hand).

yep i felt sure i’d blocked a light sensor

but the wonky thing is, after the blockage cleared, (moved my hands every which way) and i move the device to change lighting conditions, the fade-out wouldn’t always reset. the auto-brightness behavior was often as not, one-way. likely because the light sensor algorithm isn’t as sensitive, or as responsive as my own :) same reason i shut the autobrightness off on my TV: even there’s no battery drain in the case of the tv, the function just is not very clever.

weird upon weird is that there is a second place “Auto -Brightness” can be set (Settings/General/Accessibility/Magnifier/Auto-Brightness)

@MonzoPro hope it helps (thought of you when i was working this)