Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groove extraction to MIDI in iOS?

Does anything do groove extraction to MIDI in iOS?

Comments

• I looked for one for a while a month or so ago, but I came up with nothing. :( I thought ReSlice was going to do it, but it doesn't let you export a Midi file of the the slice timing. It seems like it would be easy for them to add that function to ReSlice, but then again maybe nothing is easy when it comes to coding these apps.

I really hope someone knows of a good groove extraction app. It seems strange that nobody has filled that iOS void yet.

• @SevenSystems This would be so cool in Xequence!!

• @gusgranite :) impossible it is not. But let's first get all the "basics" in.

• Help us @SevenSystems . You are our only hope. :)

• Well, adding it to the wishlist :| :#

• edited December 2017

Genome has some groove tools, I don't know about import/export. iOS really needs groove. None of the slicers do the original groove, it'll quantized to a 16th note grid.

Just a personal take, but I don't even necessarily need to be able to make groove templates, just presets are good, and an amount knob. It's cool how Reason's ReGroove mixer affects timing, and velocity. Saves a lot of time, not having to go in and tweeze the velocity for every note.

• edited December 2017

Auria and Multitrackstudio both convert audio clips to midi, and can be saved as groove templates (Auria) or Patterns (MTS)

also Genome will create and save a groove pattern from your live play, not exportable that i can tell