Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT (at least for now) - Arturia released a DX7 emulation, Buchla Easel and more.

Nice....maybe some of this will find the way to iOS too? They released some more things as well (or all included in the V-Collection 6) but these 2 stands out for me. The GUI looks nice and would be usable on iOS as well. But since they also doesn´t release things like the Synclavier for iOS i´m not sure if they are still active in the iOS market.
Would you love a DX7 or Buchla Easel on iOS.... :)

Comments

• Oh god yes I’ve been wanted to mess with Buchla for ages

• I would love both of these on iOS, but not if Arturia is going to make them. Fix all the broken parts of iProphet and iSpark first...

grumble grumble.

Anyway - those look fantastic and would be welcome additions to the iPad library for sure. Just want their app support to be a bit better....

• I'm a bit turned off as the upgrade price from V Collection 5 to 6 is 199 €, I paid (only) 249 € for the whole bundle (5) a few months ago

same with Ableton, 199 to get from version 9 to 10, both limited offers, as much as I wanted I just can't afford that much at the moment

• @cabo said:
    I'm a bit turned off as the upgrade price from V Collection 5 to 6 is 199 €, I paid (only) 249 € for the whole bundle (5) a few months ago

same with Ableton, 199 to get from version 9 to 10, both limited offers, as much as I wanted I just can't afford that much at the moment

249 was a discount. They'll send you discounted upgrade pricing at some point. I bought 4 for 199 and they sent 150 upgrade offers a couple of times a year.

• Would love to see them go hard at iOS. Rolf did a great job with iSEM (load time isn't his fault I imagine). Think he's pretty well swallowed up with Waldorf at this point though.

• Never clicked with Arturia softsynths. Controllers and Synths are awesome though.

• Buchla Buchla Buchla!

• Being a 'sampler junkie' I'm liking what they've done with the CMI V...
    I do wish CMI V would come for iOS as well as the official CMI Pro app is too much of an 'emulation' of the old hardware with all the quirks rather than a 're-imagining' of what it could have been :)

• Not a fan of Arturia but I’d gladly pay them for a decent Buchla virtual instrument, having never experienced such a thing

• @syrupcore said:

@cabo said:
    I'm a bit turned off as the upgrade price from V Collection 5 to 6 is 199 €, I paid (only) 249 € for the whole bundle (5) a few months ago

249 was a discount. They'll send you discounted upgrade pricing at some point. I bought 4 for 199 and they sent 150 upgrade offers a couple of times a year.

true, and sure, just gotta be patient .. and then there's Cubase with an update .. and WaveLab .. and iZotope with an upgrade offer (Ozone and Neutron) ..

the latter is the first on my list that will be handled, the others have to wait

• As an FM junkie the DX7 interests me the most...

• edited December 2017

The Arturia DX7 audio example @analog_matt posted in his app’s thread is not too promising, especially since he captured it at 127 velocity.

Edit: I apologize for accidentally +1’ing my post while trying to edit. I don’t think I’m that great.

• @oat_phipps said:
    The Arturia DX7 audio example @analog_matt posted in his app’s thread is not too promising, especially since he captured it at 127 velocity.

Edit: I apologize for accidentally +1’ing my post while trying to edit. I don’t think I’m that great.

Downloaded it. It sounds great! iOS already has enough FM options, but this will be great for using in Logic. Dexed didn't sound right to me, neither did FM8.

• I'm really interested in the CMI V and with being a fan of FM I am interested in Synclavier V and DX7 V. I might buy those during the sale.

• edited December 2017

@cabo said:

If you have Collection 5, then Analog Lab 3 is a free upgrade from the current version. You download it from the Arturia Software Center.

It includes
    Buchla Easel (255 presets)
    CMI (362 presets)
    DX7 (432 presets)
    Clav (74 presets)

You get all the sounds from the Collection 6, but you don't have as many ways to tweak them. But you can tweak them as much (or in some cases more) than you can with Syntronik and UVI synths.

Maybe even more important, Analog Lab 3 has a big update in its interface. It now has Multis, like Syntronik.
    You can now layer two synths (either two of the same or different ones) and save them as a new patch My initial pass through their presets have resulted in the fattest and richest sounds I've ever gotten from the V Collection. I have always found it to be weak compared to the multis in Syntronik, which are killer. Of course you can can only layer two, unlike Syntronik's four, and the Syntronik interface is much better for things like keyboard splits and effects, etc. The Analog Lab 3 interface does have some advantages, though. It shows you pictures of the two synths and has info and tags for each multi. You can adjust the parameters on Part 1 and Part 2 in two separate tabs of the multi and then there is a third "Live" tab where you can adjust elements of the whole patch, like pan, volume, timbre, time, etc, and four macro knobs for each tab, which can easily be assigned to things like resonance or cutoff for one of the synths (but the assignments are limited to a dropdown menu, not the more wide-open assignments of Syntronik, which work through MIDI learn).

In addition, anybody, whether or not they own any Arturia products, can download free demos of any synth or keyboard in the collection, including Analog 3. They are identical, and you can keep them as long as you want, but you can only play them for 20 minutes. Just download the free Arturia Software Center App from the Arturia site and download the synth demos you want. You can also get manuals at the link below.
    https://www.arturia.com/support/updates&manuals

I downloaded the DX7 demo and it comes with 432 presets, just like Analog Lab 3. As somebody who owned a DX7 for 12 years, this Arturia emulation is definitely my favorite instrument ever for programming a DX7, but I find the presets to be on the weak side. I accumulated some pretty great stuff over the years. However, the DX7 multis in Analog lab are much better . In time, I'm sure Arturia will release more DX7 presets.

• edited December 2017

all good to know, Reid, thank you very much for your effort

I just received the email from Arturia about the update, very interesting for sure, I'll take a closer look at all this a bit later

• My eyes aren’t with it yet, but I’ve gotten their email and .....before any diatribes....am I reading this correctly? I’ve paid them $500 for the V5 Collection. To update to V6 I’m being asked to pay $200 for some bug fixes, performance improvements and 4 Instruments. And if I want to upgrade after January 10th, I have to give them another $500 to upgrade to V6? Can someone who is more awake than me verify whether or not this nonsense is truth?

• edited December 2017

apart from additional 50 instead of 500 for an upgrade after January 10th everything else seems to be the case

I would wait for further offerings .. and then maybe or maybe not ..

• edited December 2017

The Arturia is a nice sounding FM synth. And, they have made a lovely instrument.

If you want to hear how the initial preset sounds on the Arturia DX7 stacks up to a real DX7-
    Here's an A/B with the same MIDI file/patch. You can decide if it sounds accurate.
    http://audiokitpro.com/mp3/arturia_vs_realDX7.mp3

First Arturia / Then an actual DX7

• @analog_matt said:
    Don't get me wrong, the Arturia DX7 is a nice sounding FM synth. And, they have made a lovely instrument.

If you want to hear how the initial preset sounds on the Arturia DX7 stacks up to a real DX7-
    Here's an A/B with the same MIDI file/patch. You can decide if it sounds accurate.
    http://audiokitpro.com/mp3/arturia_vs_realDX7.mp3

First Arturia / Then an actual DX7

Difficult to compare, the Arturia has stereo effects and the DX is dry in mono, but the Arturia does sound very similar to the Reface.