Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: iPad Air 2. SoS

At the worst possible time for me, surgery scheduled for tomorrow, my partner’s iPad Air 2 suddenly got very hot on the bottom right edge, almost too hot to touch, and then the touch screen stopped responding. The only thing that affected it at all was a hard reset. Unfortunately, when it rebooted, the touch screen still would not respond.

Since then I have spent 2.5 hours trying everything. I’ve tried using a Mac and a PC, with the latest iTunes pile of shite, at first I failed to get the iPad recognised, because iTunes pile of shite wanted me to authorise using a touch screen that doesn’t work. Then I got the damn thing into recovery mode, and clicked on update. Only to wait an age until iTunes pile of shite decided the device could not be updated as it could not be contacted. Same sorry story when I went through this all over again in a failed attempt to restore from back up.

So, aside from hoping I am fit enough in a few weeks to shove this device up the backside of the nearest Apple gonk, is there anything else I can do?

Comments

• Just guessing, but it sounds from your description like a battery issue which could have fried internal electronics. Not likely something that can be solved through software.

• @brambos said:
    Just guessing, but it sounds from your description like a battery issue which could have fried internal electronics. Not likely something that can be solved through software.

>

Oh dear. The device is well out of warranty, too. :'(

• edited December 2017

the only device inside that can generate such an amount of heat is the power regulator.
    As this is not pictured anywhere in the teardown description of iFixit it's likely a part of the battery itself, so this might apply.
    ps: best wishes for surgery procedure

• @Telefunky said:
    the only device inside that can generate such an amount of heat is the power regulator.
    As this is not pictured anywhere in the teardown description of iFixit it's likely a part of the battery itself, so this might apply.
    ps: best wishes for surgery procedure

Thanks, Telefunky, on both counts. Looks like I’m getting my other half another iPad....despite my intention not to buy Apple hardware again.

• Awful timing, but maybe they’ll provide a free fix if it’s a battery issue.

What was running when it happened? I’ve noticed my Air2 runs a lot warmer in that corner since updating to ios11, maybe additional strain is being placed on the device.

• @MonzoPro said:
    Awful timing, but maybe they’ll provide a free fix if it’s a battery issue.

What was running when it happened? I’ve noticed my Air2 runs a lot warmer in that corner since updating to ios11, maybe additional strain is being placed on the device.

>

It’s was running Notes! So nothing too taxing.

Almost thought I had it, when another restore attempt looked like - and said - it was working. But as soon as it came time to use the touch screen, no dice.

Will have to pick this up at a later date, all things being equal.