Appsale X Drummer half price now

Anybody experience with this app?

Comments

  • 12 Comments sorted by Date Votes
  • Disappointing

  • It’s not what Positive Grid said it would be, but it has improved and continues to be developed in beta tests. If you’re looking for another option for good sounding acoustic drum sounds, it offers that. It’s essentially a bunch of different loops grouped in styles. The AI feature finds a loop set for you and adjusts the tempo to what you’re playing.

    I beta tested for them in the beginning and they were very responsive to ideas, but didn’t/couldn’t implement them all. I still get the Facebook messages about the new betas, but I don’t have time to test it anymore.

    I was/am disappointed with it as well, but my disappointment comes from what Positive Grid said it would be. I think if they had marketed it as it is, I wouldn’t have been disappointed.

    I find it useful, but not in the same league as Drum Session by @DerekBuddemeyer.

  • Its nothing like they say, ai part of it is useless and the drum samples arent that great. There are better drum apps

  • I wonder, if this will go the route of Final Touch. Final Touch still works. But, it doesn't really live up to what PG said it was going to be. Was never developed further than just an update here or there. What it is now, is what it is. And, I guess that's fine.

  • @supanorton said:
    I think if they had marketed it as it is, I wouldn’t have been disappointed.

    This.

  • I'm turned off to Positive Grid overall. Their model seems to be trying to resell to the same customer base and leaving products behind to develop the next thing. For example, Bias Amp isn't universal, and the separate iPhone and iPad versions have separate IAP as a result. I used to be a fan, but they seem to just ride a marketing wave.

  • Okay thanks all for responding, no buy for me this time

  • Artificial intelligence aside, is it a tenner worth of drum loops, or do I likely have it already in other apps?

  • XDrummer has been fantastic for me as a live performer, the AI alone is worth the asking price for it. You can definitely find better sounds elsewhere but if you play instruments live, this is a gem

  • @supanorton said:
    I find it useful, but not in the same league as Drum Session by @DerekBuddemeyer.

    Thanks for the input. I was sniffing the sale, but as I have (and like) Derek's app (and as I don't play live) I think I'm probably covered.

  • Good morning

  • @Liquidmantis said:
    I'm turned off to Positive Grid overall. Their model seems to be trying to resell to the same customer base and leaving products behind to develop the next thing. For example, Bias Amp isn't universal, and the separate iPhone and iPad versions have separate IAP as a result. I used to be a fan, but they seem to just ride a marketing wave.

    Seems like you read my mind.
    I still fire up Bias AMP... But JamUp got deleted in favor for Tonestack... and I decided to not invest in their iAPs anymore :Lol:

Sign In or Register to comment.