Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iOS 11 roundtrip latency not short enough (around 20ms)

13»

Comments

• Using an iconnectaudio4 at 128 frames AUM reports round trip latency of 7.85ms , 13.65ms at 256 and 25.26ms at 512 frames on my pro 12.9, same on Air2.

• @Carnbot said:
    Using an iconnectaudio4 at 128 frames AUM reports round trip latency of 7.85ms , 13.65ms at 256 and 25.26ms at 512 frames on my pro 12.9, same on Air2.

Cheers!

• @MarkR said:
    I've been thinking of getting an Audio4+, as it looks like it would be great for my live rig, but I've read a bit too much about problems with ios11. (And at least one user on their forum had a right good freakout about it...)

iOS updates made life difficult for iConnectivity too I guess. As long as you have a Mac / PC to run the configuration utility you should be fine AFAIK. And apparently their new app is around the corner if you're iOS only.

• @rthr said:

@MarkR said:
    I've been thinking of getting an Audio4+, as it looks like it would be great for my live rig, but I've read a bit too much about problems with ios11. (And at least one user on their forum had a right good freakout about it...)

iOS updates made life difficult for iConnectivity too I guess. As long as you have a Mac / PC to run the configuration utility you should be fine AFAIK. And apparently their new app is around the corner if you're iOS only.

Fair enough. Yes I'm keeping an eye on that new app, thanks.

• @rthr said:

@MarkR said:

sorry to be rude, but that 'new app' is a piece of crap supposed to hide the flaws of their current software from unexperienced users, pretending more convenience.
    Instead of fixing the underlaying architecture and making the GUI a bit more readable. >:)
    As Frank used to say... we're only in it for the money o:)

• @Telefunky said:

@rthr said:

@MarkR said:

sorry to be rude, but that 'new app' is a piece of crap supposed to hide the flaws of their current software from unexperienced users, pretending more convenience.
    Instead of fixing the underlaying architecture and making the GUI a bit more readable. >:)
    As Frank used to say... we're only in it for the money o:)

Yes, I've seen the comments about that. That's why I'm not yet going to drop almost $400 Cdn. for it.

Yay Frank. :)

• First impressions: so far rock solid. Been playing around for a bit and it's way more reliable for me than Studiomux using my internal sound card.

Running on the latest macOS (10.13.3) and iOS (11.2.6) versions with 64 samples latency (didn't bother going any lower) without glitches back and forth to Ableton.

The manual is not great though. I'm a fairly technical guy with experience going back to multi-channel midi interfaces (Unitor 8 anyone?) and patch bays, but I needed some time to adjust to iConfig. The beta of the new Auracle software looks nice, but you really can't configure anything interesting with it...