Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Gadget & Rozeta?

I gave up on Gadget a while ago, ‘cause I never finished anything started with it. But, I do miss the Madrid and Gladstone IAP’s. So, I’m wondering if it is possible to get Rozeta BassLine playing Madrid under AUM?

Comments

• edited December 2017

@Zen210507 said:
    I gave up on Gadget a while ago, ‘cause I never finished anything started with it. But, I do miss the Madrid and Gladstone IAP’s. So, I’m wondering if it is possible to get Rozeta BassLine playing Madrid under AUM?

Yep, easy, just assign the channel in BassLine to the channel in Gadget.

Rozeta has opened up Gadget for me, along with Vancouver. You can assign the Rozeta AU's to whatever channel you like in Gadget - so Rhythm can control a drum Gadget, Bassline the bass synth, Particles can generate a load of random bollocks for the ambient synths etc.

You can have a whole thing going in Gadget, and then muck about with the transpose and whatnot via Rozeta/AUM.

• @MonzoPro said:

Rozeta has opened up Gadget for me, along with Vancouver. You can assign the Rozeta AU's to whatever channel you like in Gadget - so Rhythm can control a drum Gadget, Bassline the bass synth, Particles can generate a load of random bollocks for the ambient synths etc.

You can have a whole thing going in Gadget, and then muck about with the transpose and whatnot via Rozeta/AUM.

>

Found it myself, while faffing about. But thanks for the post. I agree, using Gadget in this way is a whole new ball game. Well worth the reinstall.

• @Zen210507 said:

@MonzoPro said:

>

Found it myself, while faffing about. But thanks for the post. I agree, using Gadget in this way is a whole new ball game. Well worth the reinstall.

When I first got Rozeta I used it with a few synths: Mood, ElasticDrums, Zeeon etc. but I was getting such a CPU hit on my Air2 it limited how much I could run....which ended up defeating the point.

When I loaded up Gadget, I found I could trigger a whole load of channels with much less of a CPU hit, so suddenly Gadget started to earn its keep. Adding Vancouver has really opened things up further, as I can sneak in vocals and noises, and even sample bits of CPU killers such as Layr and Synthscaper.

Funny how things can change - I was almost ready to delete it, but now Gadget has become a proper thing again.

• edited December 2017

@MonzoPro said:

@Zen210507 said:

Thanks for this. I've never made the connection (both ways), but will give it a stumble. Are you doing this via AB?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Zen210507 said:

Thanks for this. I've never made the connection (both ways), but will give it a stumble. Are you doing this via AB?

EDIT: Answers own dumb question nope by AUM you monkey, which you need to start using and stop thinking it's only for live-play virtuosos...

• Korg are in debt to Brambos!! Gadget and iElectribe have been given a new lease of life with Rozeta.

• @DaveMagoo said:

>

A record almost as bad as ‘Simon Smith and His Amazing Dancing Bear.’

Mind you, on a Dutch based Interweb station I listen to, I keep hearing Gilbert O’Sullivan.

Get Down - Stealing John Noakes catch phrase.
    Alone Again, Naturally - Bloody depressing.
    Clair - Seriously dodgy lyric then, more so now.

• @gusgranite said:
    Korg are in debt to Brambos!! Gadget and iElectribe have been given a new lease of life with Rozeta.

Anyone know/see a good Rozeta/Gadget/Aum video tut? Did I miss it? @thesoundtestroom

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@gusgranite said:
    Korg are in debt to Brambos!! Gadget and iElectribe have been given a new lease of life with Rozeta.

Anyone know/see a good Rozeta/Gadget/Aum video tut? Did I miss it? @thesoundtestroom

Haven’t seen one, but I can tell you how to connect it up if you’re stuck Boss

• @gusgranite said:

+1. Both of those have been redundant on my iPad for at least a year, but now they’re my new squeezes.

• @MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@gusgranite said:

I'd be very grateful even just for a screenshot kemo sabe. It's the 'where does Gagdet fit' bit that I'm uncertain about....

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@gusgranite said:

I'd be very grateful even just for a screenshot kemo sabe. It's the 'where does Gagdet fit' bit that I'm uncertain about....

Here you go, step 1, Gadget and Bassline loaded in AUM:

Step 2, route Bassline to the Gadget virtual port in the AUM router:

Step 3, in the Bassline MIDI option section choose your channel:

And finally use the same channel number in your Gadget setup:

• edited December 2017

@MonzoPro You, goodsir, are a scholar and gentleman of the highest order. Or perhaps just a kind hippy happy to help a fellow-traveller in need. Either way, thank you so very much. I will copy these immediately into my Johnny-For-Dummies document. Will report back.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @MonzoPro You, goodsir, are a scholar and gentleman of the highest order. Or perhaps just a kind hippy happy to help a fellow-traveller in need. Either way, thank you so very much. I will copy these immediately into my Johnny-For-Dummies document. Will report back.

No problem Boss. The fun bit is that you can have multiple Basslines, or Particles etc., and point them at one or more Gadget channels for a web of crazy connections. Hours of fun.

• @MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@gusgranite said:

Here you go, step 1, Gadget and Bassline loaded in AUM:

Step 2, route Bassline to the Gadget virtual port in the AUM router:

Step 3, in the Bassline MIDI option section choose your channel:

And finally use the same channel number in your Gadget setup:

On behalf of Midiots, thank you!

• I can see how Korg might see Gadget becoming an AU host as IAP business model blocker (though I disagree). Wonder how they feel about MIDI Plugins though.

@brambos In dreamlandia, is theoretically possible for an app like Gadget to support AU MIDI plugins and not other types of AU plugins? Or is it all-or-none? Would be fantastic to see native support for Rozeta in Gadget.

• @MonzoPro Thank you so much for this lesson. Even though I've been on iOS for years (or maybe because of that), I've been hesitant and resistant to AUv3's. I just never took the time to learn it, as I use Gadget and various other synths through Audiobus (a bit of a creature of habit).

I am now trying to learn how all of this routing works, and this step-by-step is much appreciated.

• Gadget is the poor man’s AU. I love it. :) <3 :)

• edited December 2017

This is the same approach i’m using with Sunvox and AUM.
    One of many advantages Sunvox has over Gadget in this use case: one can record the entire session as MIDI in Sunvox, and export as a MIDI project, or as separate audio stems.

• @CracklePot said:
    Gadget is the poor man’s AU. I love it. :) <3 :)

Well, it's more like the rich man's AU....

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@CracklePot said:
    Gadget is the poor man’s AU. I love it. :) <3 :)

Well, it's more like the rich man's AU....

:)
    full set of goodies $300+

• What about Quantum Synth and Gadget? Or has anyone used Sampletank with Rozeta?

• @MonzoPro said:

The fun bit is that you can have multiple Basslines, or Particles etc., and point them at one or more Gadget channels for a web of crazy connections. Hours of fun.
    >

Errr, probably doing something dozy. But a bit flummoxed as to why this is producing nothing. I have the Gadgets on different channels, etc.

• @Zen210507 said:

@MonzoPro said:

The fun bit is that you can have multiple Basslines, or Particles etc., and point them at one or more Gadget channels for a web of crazy connections. Hours of fun.
    >

Errr, probably doing something dozy. But a bit flummoxed as to why this is producing nothing. I have the Gadgets on different channels, etc.

Do you have Background Audio enabled on Gadget?

• edited December 2017

@brambos said:

>

Ah! That was it.since reinstalling yesterday evening, I forgot that has to be enabled via system settings.

Thanks for putting me right. :)

Just one issue, once I got everything going, and sounding fantastic, like some kind of space jazz, nothing I could do would stop the Rozeta rhythm from playing....short of closing everything down. Is this a small bug?

• @Zen210507 said:

@brambos said:

>

Ah! That was it.since reinstalling yesterday evening, I forgot that has to be enabled via system settings.

Thanks for putting me right. :)

Just one issue, once I got everything going, and sounding fantastic, like some kind of space jazz, nothing I could do would stop the Rozeta rhythm from playing....short of closing everything down. Is this a small bug?

Have you got Particles going? That one plays with itself.

• @Seangarland said:
    @MonzoPro Thank you so much for this lesson. Even though I've been on iOS for years (or maybe because of that), I've been hesitant and resistant to AUv3's. I just never took the time to learn it, as I use Gadget and various other synths through Audiobus (a bit of a creature of habit).

I am now trying to learn how all of this routing works, and this step-by-step is much appreciated.

@ipadthai said:

On behalf of Midiots, thank you!

You’re welcome guys. Actually I’m probably one of the biggest Midiots going, but I find the AUM/Rozeta/Gadget setup nice and easy to work with. Rozeta is one of the reasons I’ve got back into Gadget, as Gadget is a lot easier on the CPU than running a bunch of separate apps, and the drum Gadgets really come into their own with the Rozeta Rhythm AU.

Worth noting is some AU’s such as Rhythm, have presets for Gadget (click the star icon on the left to bring up this panel):

• edited December 2017

@MonzoPro said:

Yeah, Particles is fine.

The problem gets a bit more mysterious. When I reloaded everything, using the AUM restore last session button, I was getting some but not all sounds. Then I discovered that Gadget had not actually loaded, even though AUM showed it as being present.

Once Gadget was really present, I found that Particles and Arp were working fine, but BassLine and Rhythm had somehow lost contact. Only when I generated a new rhythm an BassLine did I get sounds. Then, the faders for those two in AUM had no effect at all.

• @Zen210507 said:

@MonzoPro said:

Yeah, Particles is fine.

The problem gets a bit more mysterious. When I reloaded everything, using the AUM restore last session button, I was getting some but not all sounds. Then I discovered that Gadget had not actually loaded, even though AUM showed it as being present.

Once Gadget was really present, I found that Particles and Arp were working fine, but BassLine and Rhythm had somehow lost contact. Only when I generated a new rhythm an BassLine did I get sounds. Then, the faders for those two in AUM had no effect at all.

Not sure about the 'losing contact' problem. Haven't seen that before. But the faders in AUM never have an effect on MIDI (they just work on audio), so that's to be expected.