Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

RIP Z3TA+

Yep. tried to download it today and it does not exist on the app store anymore. Apparently the developer Cakewalk was shut down last week. :'(

Comments

• Still available for dl in purchased items section

• I have a Z3ta+ beta in Test Flight. I don't suppose that its expiration date will just fade away now that the company has abandoned it, right? I guess it's time to load it in BM3 and sample away.

• @thinds said:
    Still available for dl in purchased items section

This is how it was for me with Rebirth by Propellerhead, which 'I still have a copy of, but I hadn't bought Z3ta+ yet! Really missed out ugh

• It’s wild because they had just updated it after who knows how long. Had it on my watch list thinking they’d cut the price when they closed shop, didn’t think they’d completely shut it down.

• @DCJ said:
    It’s wild because they had just updated it after who knows how long. Had it on my watch list thinking they’d cut the price when they closed shop, didn’t think they’d completely shut it down.

Same here! Is there any way I can still get a copy of it? It was at the top of my wish list

• It's really weird. It's like somebody in the iOS division overpromised on Momentum, and a bigger boss freaked out and just canceled the whole thing. I sincerely doubt that everybody working for Cakewalk signed an NDA. Would love to hear from those folks about what went down in the last days of the company.

• Got to give credit or thanks to the lad who was on here (and took pelters) but obviously helped get that last update through before the ship sank.

• edited December 2017

Sad really sad news.

• This issue, with awesome apps quickly beeing abandon, is a huge problem to iOS compair to the desktop area...

To backup apps and to choose your iOS version is not very user friendly on our iOS devices...
    On a Mac or Win-PC you can always reinstall to any version of OS you decide if you have program that demand a certain version, but, Apple is really keen on iOS to force you to upgrade to the latest OS, and, killing the option to backup and reinstall apps to iPhone/iPad in iTunes...

Sometimes I really hate the people in Cupertino...

• It’s not just this app -
    On November 17, 2017, Gibson shut down day-to-day operation of Cakewalk in order to align better with the parent company's business direction. During a transitional period after this shutdown, Cakewalk's servers will continue to be operational for users of the Cakewalk software, while software updates will be stopped.

• edited December 2017

• It disappeared from the UK store ten days ago, but I was still able to download an .ipa in iMazing and install it on a different iPad. AppShopper claims it's still available in the US store; can anyone verify? The desktop version was still available (& on sale) last week, but it's no longer showing up at reverb.com.

• But Cakewalk is still going ahead with Momentum music which is still in the AppStore?

• @ErrkaPetti said:
    This issue, with awesome apps quickly beeing abandon, is a huge problem to iOS compair to the desktop area...

To backup apps and to choose your iOS version is not very user friendly on our iOS devices...
    On a Mac or Win-PC you can always reinstall to any version of OS you decide if you have program that demand a certain version, but, Apple is really keen on iOS to force you to upgrade to the latest OS, and, killing the option to backup and reinstall apps to iPhone/iPad in iTunes...

Sometimes I really hate the people in Cupertino...

It's just a pity that Android has latency problems and the Developers who make those awesome apps for iOS don't make them for Android too because I am getting sick of Apple's overpriced iDevices and their restrictions on iOS and great apps becoming defunct because of Apple's constant updates to iOS. When it comes to desktops at least there is no restrictions with MacOS, Windows and Linux.

• I think anything Cakewalk is dead (unless Gibson sell it off but why wouldn't they have done that already).

There was an interesting Reddit thread from a former employee which shed some light on what happened. In summary, no surprises - bad management. :'(

https://www.reddit.com/r/Cakewalk/comments/7fwb6h/former_employee_here_ama/?st=JAISAK8R&sh=2dc889b3

• @receder said:
    I think anything Cakewalk is dead (unless Gibson sell it off but why wouldn't they have done that already).

There was an interesting Reddit thread from a former employee which shed some light on what happened. In summary, no surprises - bad management. :'(

https://www.reddit.com/r/Cakewalk/comments/7fwb6h/former_employee_here_ama/?st=JAISAK8R&sh=2dc889b3

Sounds like pretty much every company I’ve worked for.

• Very interesting read. My favorite, in reply to bullshit "questions" about artificial bloat from a user named "PaulAbruzzo":

one mans bloat is another mans ultimate workflow fixing time saver feature. I can promise you that people didnt just sit around and say "hey joe I have an idea lets put a bunch of shitty bloat in this version because fuck that PaulAbruzzo guy"

• In the absence of Z3ta, I’d be interested in people’s views of what the most similar IOS synth would be, particularly with respect to the wave shaping possibilities.

• @Masanga said:
    It disappeared from the UK store ten days ago, but I was still able to download an .ipa in iMazing and install it on a different iPad. AppShopper claims it's still available in the US store; can anyone verify? The desktop version was still available (& on sale) last week, but it's no longer showing up at reverb.com.

I can't find it on the US App Store.

• @PhilW said:
    In the absence of Z3ta, I’d be interested in people’s views of what the most similar IOS synth would be, particularly with respect to the wave shaping possibilities.

You can effect waves in WaveMapper. Although different in many waves, you can get similar results.

• edited December 2017

Let us now accept that Z3TA will steadily achieve the Legendary Status of the Lost (See also: Back up quarterback is the best on the team...). In addition, and for those wondering what it is I would most like for the upcoming holiday: Extra large fuck that PaulAbruzzo guy tshirt please. (HT to @syrupcore)

• @PhilW said:
    In the absence of Z3ta, I’d be interested in people’s views of what the most similar IOS synth would be, particularly with respect to the wave shaping possibilities.

After trying Z3ta at a mates, then mucking about on Nave when I got home, I found that one to be quite similar, sound wise at least.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@PhilW said:

You can effect waves in WaveMapper. Although different in many waves, you can get similar results.

ZED Synth is also one of the hidden gold-mines but seems to be somewhat 'forgotten'.
    It was very CPU heavy when it was released and is still quite hard on the CPU but damn it sounds sweet!
    http://www.jazzman-ltd.co.uk/zed-synth/

• Where is the ‘purchased’ section on the ios11 App Store. Has it gone?

• @SpookyZoo said:
    Where is the ‘purchased’ section on the ios11 App Store. Has it gone?

Tap on your 'Icon' (Top Right all around in the AppStore app) in that dialogue you have 'Purchased' just under your Icon/AppleID.

• @Samu said:

@SpookyZoo said:
    Where is the ‘purchased’ section on the ios11 App Store. Has it gone?

Tap on your 'Icon' (Top Right all around in the AppStore app) in that dialogue you have 'Purchased' just under your Icon/AppleID.

Thanks Samu! :)

• @Samu said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@PhilW said:

ZED Synth is also one of the hidden gold-mines but seems to be somewhat 'forgotten'.
    It was very CPU heavy when it was released and is still quite hard on the CPU but damn it sounds sweet!

Doubleplus this

• edited December 2017

@JeffChasteen said:

@Samu said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@PhilW said:

Doubleplus this

the dev (of ZedSynth) got scooped up by Roli, likely had a hand in the new Noise physical model IAP

• @PhilW said:
    It’s not just this app -
    On November 17, 2017, Gibson shut down day-to-day operation of Cakewalk in order to align better with the parent company's business direction. During a transitional period after this shutdown, Cakewalk's servers will continue to be operational for users of the Cakewalk software, while software updates will be stopped.

I always thought that was kind of the point - they went from Jan 2015 to Nov 2017 with no updates, so I never bought it because it looked like obvious abandonware. Then they did that update indicating this:

What's New
    Alive and updated for iOS 11. We fixed the crash when sharing presets, and also fixed the preset list appearing blank the first time it is opened.

...and now dead. Too bad.