Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iOS 11.2

So iOS 11.2 just in, installing on mini 4 since it’s been crashing all the time since yesterday and I hope it can cure that.
Anyone else installed yet? Everything working fine?

Comments

• The crashing was absolutely crazy, happening every 3 minutes or so. Resetting all settings didn’t help. Somehow after deleting a couple of questionable apps and widgets and turning off wifi it stopped crashing so I could actually attempt the update. Crossing fingers...

• Just installed it.. all seems ok? No major dramas.. all synths working...

• Just completed the installation. I hope it’ll be alright.

• Installed iOS11.2 a few hours ago and tested all my favourite apps, no issues here on my Air 2...

• That's good news. I have an Air 2 still on 10.3.3 that I'm going to update soon, maybe later today.

• @Samu said:
    Installed iOS11.2 a few hours ago and tested all my favourite apps, no issues here on my Air 2...

What about that issue with the screen edges that effected apps like Gadget or anything with an onscreen keyboard?

Is the battery drain still an issue?

• @Rich303 said:

@Samu said:
    Installed iOS11.2 a few hours ago and tested all my favourite apps, no issues here on my Air 2...

What about that issue with the screen edges that effected apps like Gadget or anything with an onscreen keyboard?

Is the battery drain still an issue?

The 'screen edges' is something app-developers can fix and the fix is known among developers.
    Not all apps put the keyboard to extreme edges thus they are not affected. In Gadget it's only the far left piano that can feel bit laggy (it's been like that since the beginning and NOT caused by iOS11). It doesn't affect the response of other areas of the app. For example Cubasis has never suffered from the edge-lag and AUM is fixed already as are some other apps so I consider this a minor thing and if you're using an external controller you'll likely never even experience it :)

It's too short time to say anything about battery issues as I've never had them on my Air 2...

• Had trouble launching Model 15 on a Mini 4 — it crashed on the splash screen every time, even after killing the process. A simple reboot seems to have fixed it

• I’m not noticing any issues with 11.2 yet. However, my experiences with all iOS11 updates thus far is to always do a hard reset before and after updating. I do a memory reset before and after too.

If an app is acting up after the update, I delete and reinstall. If there’s data I don’t want to lose with the delete/reinstall, I use the offload app feature in iOS11 that lets you delete an app without losing the user data, then I reinstall.

All this has worked out fine for me thus far.

• @skiphunt is this correct?

hard reset = full reboot, either long-press power and home until reboot, or use slide to power off and manually restart
    memory reset = hold power until slide to reset then hold home until screen refreshes

just want to make sure I am doing it right.

• @CracklePot said:
    @skiphunt is this correct?

hard reset = full reboot, either long-press power and home until reboot, or use slide to power off and manually restart
    memory reset = hold power until slide to reset then hold home until screen refreshes

No on hard reset. Yes on memory reset.

Hard reset = longpress power and home until you see start to restart with Apple logo, but keep holding power and home until screen goes black and stays black. Then restart with power button.

• Hey Skiphunt so when you do offload even if you completely wipe the iPad clean , it will reinstall all your docs?

@skiphunt said:

If an app is acting up after the update, I delete and reinstall. If there’s data I don’t want to lose with the delete/reinstall, I use the offload app feature in iOS11 that lets you delete an app without losing the user data, then I reinstall.

All this has worked out fine for me thus far.

• @skiphunt said:

@CracklePot said:
    @skiphunt is this correct?

No on hard reset. Yes on memory reset.

Hard reset = longpress power and home until you see start to restart with Apple logo, but keep holding power and home until screen goes black and stays black. Then restart with power button.

Thanks. Never knew to keep holding past the Apple logo. B)

• For me I'm happy the AudioShare SDK once again opens 'AudioShare' instead of 'Pulse' by Pulse Code Inc. No need to delete-and re-install apps which goes to say it was a 'bug' in iOS11.1.2 :)

• Please advise if this is safe to install on Air 1?

• @Suboidua said:
    Please advise if this is safe to install on Air 1?

Nobody knows. It appears that even people using the same apps have different issues. This whole update game is pissing me off. When IOS 11 finally stabilises I think I'm just gonna stay on it, at least with the music making Ipad.

I feel like a fucking hamster on a wheel.

• edited December 2017

:s my usb Soundcard "Fasttrack Pro" isnt working anymore under 10.2 (iPad Pro 10.5) :(
    10.1.3 did work

• ... and it produces empty posts on this forum... i had to edit my post on the imac :/

• edited December 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I think we can expect 11.2.1 to drop quite soon as 11.2 was seemingly 'rushed out' to fix some obscure notification bug that could put iPhone X's into a reboot loop if there were local notifications active.

I'm happy all the apps using AudioShare SDK work once again so I'm happy with iOS11.2 on my Air 2.

• What I love about apple is that their beta releases link to a page that is supposed to show you a change log. Once you click on it you are redirected to a generic page about IOS11. Really annoying.

• Everything seems ok so far. 2017 ipad

• edited December 2017

I'm glad I didn't update to 11.2 if the audio problems are back again. I'll wait until 11.2.1.

• @Samu said:
    I think we can expect 11.2.1 to drop quite soon as 11.2 was seemingly 'rushed out' to fix some obscure notification bug that could put iPhone X's into a reboot loop if there were local notifications active.

I'm happy all the apps using AudioShare SDK work once again so I'm happy with iOS11.2 on my Air 2.

Oh, that’s interesting, maybe my reboot every 3 minutes on iPad mini 4 was actually related to the iPhone X problem?

• @Munibeast said:

@Samu said:
    I think we can expect 11.2.1 to drop quite soon as 11.2 was seemingly 'rushed out' to fix some obscure notification bug that could put iPhone X's into a reboot loop if there were local notifications active.

Oh, that’s interesting, maybe my reboot every 3 minutes on iPad mini 4 was actually related to the iPhone X problem?

No it actually was a system wide notification issue that occurred at 12/2. They fixed it in iOS 11.2