Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• looks like it’s real

• Very interesting. It's for sale in Europe through Amazon, according to the link above.

• edited December 2017

Not sure if i can take this serious really. The sound demos are good but not better than some analog virtual synths.
    It´s mono (but also can to paraphonic) but that is fine for me since i like mono synths.
    But Repro-1 and Dagger sounds at least as good too....or even better.
    But anyway it´s an interesting thing. Analog synths on USB....WTF!

• First time, that I see this concept. Is that a totally new idea or did we have something similar before?

• Looks interesting, would love have another analog synth with my Microbrute.

• but how is it analogue? i don't get it!!
    i like the form factor and the dinky board

• @mrcanister I am guessing it is the usual Virtual Analog. I am not sure they could make a true Analog at that size.
    I am picturing a Synth control body that you can plug these into. Kind of like the old expansion cards and disks, but instead of just presets, now you get an entirely different synth.

• there's quite a few chips (op amps?) on the board. i re-solder a loose connection on a friends monotron and was really surprised at the amount of resistors on the boards. s/cem ssm ic's chips have had some sort o reissue or something so they might be on there and reduce the amount of components needed. but it seems to go thru a A/D converter so it's digital regardless. who knows

• It is analog. Once you take off all the physical interfaces you can get pretty small with smd components. Look at IPhones which are mostly screen, battery and that couple of buttons.

• I wouldn't be surprised if chips from volca analogue boxes were exactly the same in size. The only difference would be that one is controlled with physical and other with physical knobs.

Not sure whether a chip of this size can produce as rich sound as old analogue gear components though.

• There are a few demo sounds. The single sounds are more interesting to me. The filter sounds really good but it‘s hard to judge.
    Not sure about this thing but i even might to try it.
    I think i could send it back via amazon when it doesn‘t do what it should.
    It has pro and contra.
    But think about how many circuits could fit into an iPad Pro chassis. The screen just as controll surface and left out all the other things (including iOS) :D

• I think the bottleneck would easily be the ADC.

• edited December 2017

I absolutely admire what the developer, Will Shaw, has achieved. On the other hand my cat don't like the sound because of some inharmonic high frequencies - and so do i. Additionally it seem to combine the disadvantages of digital and analogue devices, for example, having a latency of 15ms at least.

A Waldorf Rocket isn't a analogue synth in the pocket, but sounds much nicer, and even more versatile. Oh, and for just one buck i got Photophore last week.

• Next week: The analogue synth in a pill. Eat it and your brain gets an analogue synth extension! Two versions: Red pill and blue pill.

• As usual it´s a beginning of something which can succeed and be a wonderful thing.....or not.
    We got so many choices now. Of course you can´t use it with iOS, doh´.
    These things and open platforms like VCV are great.

• @mschenkel.it said:
    It is analog. Once you take off all the physical interfaces you can get pretty small with smd components. Look at IPhones which are mostly screen, battery and that couple of buttons.

What? iPhones are analog?

• @Looping_Loddar said:
    On the other hand my cat don't like the sound because of some inharmonic high frequencies

>

How did you talk to your cat!?

• @mireko_2 said:

@Looping_Loddar said:
    On the other hand my cat don't like the sound because of some inharmonic high frequencies

>

How did you talk to your cat!?

She talks to me.

• It's a really interesting idea, it makes more sense than other, little no/few knob synth modules, because it is easier to integrate into a DAW- everything is stored in the vst plugin. They should make some lawsuit versions, like a minimoog on a stick.

• I listened to the demos several times and especially the filter sweep is something i didn´t heard yet in all my synths.
    It´s already gets the usual love/hate comments in other forums but i think i will have an eye on this. It´s now available here (Germany) via amazon and i might give it a chance if i get again an amazon gift card soon.
    I would need to see and hear more about this. Especially some more extreme filter modulations and stuff.
    I guess it can´t be long until the first reviews come out for this.

• How much is it?

• edited December 2017

@PhilW said:
    How much is it?

For me it would be €159,99 (tax already included and free shipping).

• He said making Trueno work in a Mobile SO is a plan for the future two days a go. :)

• I may not be as caught up with the latest music-tech wizardry as most other forum members, but I think that delivering synths and other music/making capabilities on a USB thumb drive a rather clever way to do it.

• doh! me still don't understand. it isn't analogue o_O

• @Ivan_Dj said:
    He said making Trueno work in a Mobile SO is a plan for the future two days a go. :)

So an AU plugin for IOS ?

Where are his comments ?

• @Cib said:

@PhilW said:
    How much is it?

For me it would be €159,99 (tax already included and free shipping).

Thanks. I think I file this under Interesting but not for me.

• @CracklePot said:

@mschenkel.it said:
    It is analog. Once you take off all the physical interfaces you can get pretty small with smd components. Look at IPhones which are mostly screen, battery and that couple of buttons.

What? iPhones are analog?

No. I was talking about size where the most of it is taken by interfaces and a little few other things like battery.

@mrcanister said:
    doh! me still don't understand. it isn't analogue o_O

It has a analog sound engine, which doesn’t mean necessarily through hole components, with a digital/software interface.

• Am I the only one who hoped this was a KMI hardware synth?