Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Dev says he will add AB for input and output in future updates.

• edited March 2014

• Thanks, Morris. Looks amazing.
    Since it's an iphone app (if I'm not wrong), hows does it looks on iPad screen?

• edited October 2013

Don't think so @Simon,but maybe ifunbox will let us..?

@fjcblanco,looks fine on ipad 2 screen.
    Could be universal as there's no x2 button on the screen

• edited March 2014

• Bringin in sounds via AB would be difficult since the app kinda requires the drum loop to be chopped up and having those pieces looped in sync, a la Recycle or something...Gonna be interesting to see where he takes this since it's a great concept. For now you're tied to using the handful of breakbeats it comes with.
    I'd love to see a more developed new app in the future taking this concept/tech, having the ability to chop up beats and assigning it all to the various pads. Perhaps even add a pitch shift/time stretch thing so you can change the project bpm. I'd definitely pay way more then a buck for that!:)

• edited October 2013

ChrisG you're right. The Dev says he would probably have to create a new app to add import. I agree also with the pitch shift/timestretching function. I contacted Dev about that. It seems the only option for sounds is killer IAPs of various genres.

• Does this compare to another app called Bip? That too seems to have similar style for creating beats on the fly... There are some videos but no user videos .

www.soh.la/bip.html

• Eh, not so much similar to Bip

• edited October 2013

I had totally forgotten about bip, gonna check that app out some day when I get the time. But going by the video, they work quite differently.

Anyway, I'm not sure what audience this app is targeting. Already experienced people or if it's more of a Figure thing where anyone can start messing around making music/noise kinda thing.

Personally I'd love to see some changes on this. If it's a "family app" keep it as is and sell some tracks via IAP. But, copy paste the app into a new one with some minor changes...

Drop the whole tracks thing with the synths playing as backtracks. The top section with the three circles, change it into three buttons just sayin "1-3", or something like Variation 1, Variation 2 etc. When pressed it should change the current drumloop on the fly to whatever you pressed. And have only drumloop packs available via IAP, 3 loops per pack or something like that. Don't charge money for all the classics out there would be my first advice. But do have original loops available as IAP for people to purchase, remix/mashup and use however they want. Cover both slower 120-140 bpm and those 170bpm loops. And slap another name on that app!

Then go on develop a more fully fledged kinda thing further on?

• Im with @chrisG

Seb was asking what was missing recently...something like this Seb.

A kind of cross between bm2/triqtraq/turnado/glitchbreaks.

All on one screen with the ability to import your own hits/loops

This interface is perfect tho..pads and effects next to each other.

• Hey - one of the dev's here. Great feedback and ideas - our next app is codename DZM - and is a drumming style app. Our plan is to develop this over the next month or so and we'll definitely see how we can incorporate these ideas. Once this is done - we'll probably backport some of the functionality into Junglator. In the shorter term we're going to see how easy it is to incorporate AudioBus into Junglator.

• @weepy Welcome to the forum. Good to hear you're trying to incorporate AB. Great app.

• edited March 2014

• edited March 2014

• [email protected] would be nice.

Would also like to see the pads controlled by midi, so we could sequence the loops??

• edited March 2014

• Thanks @simon.
    Will try that.

• Jonah your very kind- instructions 1-open junglator in ifunbox 2-open documents folder on left 3-click on it and your get cache,click again audio,click again your see the three songs 4- go into one of the songs and copy and paste all the sounds and then its a matter of you making your own keeping close to times and the way some of the sounds work 5-delete their sounds and paste yours in and to be on safe side i keep their track and sound effect names and keep samples at 16bit 44.1 wav mono(stereo might work but did not try it) Last thing is it takes the app about 1-2 mins to load the new sounds on,but it worked everytime i tried it and sounded great.If ive confused anyone just comment about it and i will get back.

October 22, 2013 | andre