Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Video of live Korg Gadget jam - ft: Vancouver and Kamata

edited December 2017 in Creations

Here's a video capture from my iPhone 6S+ of a live jam in Gadget I threw together in about an hour this morning. Might take it further into a properly produced track at some point.

People might find it interesting in terms of:

• New Vancouver gadget used with an Alchemy sample (jammed and reversed live at times) and an Animoog sample
  • Live modulation of the Kamata wavetable on the bass line (@samu - thought you might like this!)
  • General Gadget simplicity and goodness (5 tracks, 1 scene)

As always - would love to hear any thoughts...

Comments

• Good stuff Matt. Since I bounced out the old iPad with Alchemy on it, this has reminded me I need to use it. That baseline is sweet! Need to try that. Thanks.

• Great stuff Matt, and amazing how much variety you can get from jamming with just one scene.

Funnily enough I’m going to buy Vancouver later, and your vid has sealed the deal!

• Where are the Vancouver's haters, huh?

• @Chaztrip said:
    Good stuff Matt. Since I bounced out the old iPad with Alchemy on it, this has reminded me I need to use it. That baseline is sweet! Need to try that. Thanks.

Thanks very much.

Get out Alchemy again. It’s so nice :).

• @MonzoPro said:
    Great stuff Matt, and amazing how much variety you can get from jamming with just one scene.

Funnily enough I’m going to buy Vancouver later, and your vid has sealed the deal!

Thanks Monzo.

Have fun with Vancouver.

• Nce to see some ’Kamata Love’. Automating the filter is quite nice too. This goes to show the gadget in question can be used for a variety of sounds :)

• @Samu said:
    Nce to see some ’Kamata Love’. Automating the filter is quite nice too. This goes to show the gadget in question can be used for a variety of sounds :)

Yes, recently (thanks to your advice) i've been really enjoying making wonderfully digital and broken sounding bass sounds in Kamata.

• edited December 2017

@Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Great stuff Matt, and amazing how much variety you can get from jamming with just one scene.

The trick with this one was the way you can vary the sample length and forward/reverse in Vancouver on the fly while the pattern repeats. Plus add a few ad-libbed hits on the keyboard. Lots to explore with Vancouver.

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:

@MonzoPro said:

The trick with this one was the way you can vary the sample length and forward/reverse in Vancouver on the fly while the pattern repeats. Plus add a few ad-libbed hits on the keyboard. Lots to explore with Vancouver.

Yeah just tried that, bit hit and miss so I need to practice a bit.

However, after buying and playing with it for ten minutes I’m absolutely loving it. Really opens up Gadget for me, and it’s simplicity is part of its charm.

Off now to make a whole load of samples for it...

• Some day, when I have some cash and the inclination to try something completely different, I'll pick up Gadget. It's so totally alien to my current workflow, I'm sure it would be fun.

• @MonzoPro said:

However, after buying and playing with it for ten minutes I’m absolutely loving it. Really opens up Gadget for me, and it’s simplicity is part of its charm.

+1 I could actually live with 'sampling' using AudioCopy If I didn't know better tools existed :)
    (Gadget seems to recommend 'sampling' using AudioCopy).

It would have been nice to do proper internal re-sampling (well one could always do an export to 'iTunes' from Gadget and the resulting sample would be automatically available to Vancouver and the other Audio Gadgets).

Wish there was a way to rename samples in Gadget though...

Hope Korg adds Files.app support to Gadget as that would make life with Gadget a bit more seamless with other apps.

• @Samu said:

@MonzoPro said:

+1 I could actually live with 'sampling' using AudioCopy If I didn't know better tools existed :)

It would have been nice to do proper internal re-sampling (well one could always do an export to 'iTunes' from Gadget and the resulting sample would be automatically available to Vancouver and the other Audio Gadgets).

Hope Korg adds Files.app support to Gadget as that would make life with Gadget a bit more seamless with other apps.

Yeah internal sampling/resampling would be good, or even recording from the iPad mic.

But I’m loving it. It’s so quick and easy to use, and as Gadget integrates nicely with AUM and Rozeta, and has a relatively low CPU hit (compared to Zeeon, Layr, Model 15 etc.) I’m going to have a lot of fun with it.

I knew I’d like it, but surprised how much I do now I have it.

Just kept Monzo Jnr amused for half an hour by sampling his voice and putting a silly track together. It was worth a tenner just for that.

• @MonzoPro said:

@Samu said:

@MonzoPro said:

Yeah internal sampling/resampling would be good, or even recording from the iPad mic.

But I’m loving it. It’s so quick and easy to use, and as Gadget integrates nicely with AUM and Rozeta, and has a relatively low CPU hit (compared to Zeeon, Layr, Model 15 etc.) I’m going to have a lot of fun with it.

Just kept Monzo Jnr amused for half an hour by sampling his voice and putting a silly track together. It was worth a tenner just for that.

Brilliant.

I think you should be guided by Monzo Jnr.

• edited December 2017

@MonzoPro said:

@Samu said:

@MonzoPro said:

Brilliant.

I think you should be guided by Monzo Jnr.

Maybe...the song's would all be about Minecraft though.

I'm definitely having a bit of a Gadget Renaissance, the sampler has allowed me to make it sound a bit less like Gadget, and get more weird noises in. I tried using Abu Dhabi this morning, but was disappointed with the sample length limit, which curbed what I wanted to do (drum pads made from a long sample of farmyard clanks). Vancouver will probably do the job better - using the recoreded start move thing, so again it's opening things up.

I've also discovered the Twisted Wave editor. Had it for ages (think it was free at one point), but never used it. Chopped up and edited a file on it this morning and it's absolutely brilliant. Can't think why I've never used it before.

Twisted Wave + Gadget, + a bit of Rozetta is going to equal a lot of fun.

• @MonzoPro said:

Yes to all of this, but an extra + for Twisted Wave. I spent so long almost buying it ("is it really going to be worth it etc etc'") and my only regret now is the time wasted/frustration accrued before I bought it...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

Yes to all of this, but an extra + for Twisted Wave. I spent so long almost buying it ("is it really going to be worth it etc etc'") and my only regret now is the time wasted/frustration accrued before I bought it...

Hmm. Twisted Wave? How do you use it?

• @gusgranite said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

Hmm. Twisted Wave? How do you use it?

Bit of a Swiss Army Knife for editing samples. The sort of thing that AS should have probably put out of business but hasn't. Lots of bits to apply to samples and the most accurate/easiest zoom in to cut...

• edited December 2017

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

I hesitated as it seemed a bit pricey, but then it was free (for about a day I think) so I grabbed it, and left it in the cupboard.

Today was the first time I’ve used it. Up until now I’ve been doing final edits to my tracks on the PC in Soundforge, but this has more features, and the zoom and tools are a joy to use, so I’ll probably do most of my edits on this one now look.

And it’s perfect for trimming up samples for use in Vancouver.