holderness media apps in AUM?

try as i may i can not get any of the holderness media apps to start in AUM, latest ios 11

i get error -10851 for what that is worth

anyone else?

«1

Comments

  • No issues here on Air2 iOS 11.1.2

    Just an idea, but I think these apps came up on the old App Store update to last update issue that’s been happening. I have updated all App Store updates that have come up - wonder if you have? Or if it might be that?

  • "Are you getting unknown error -10851 when loading IAA apps? If you've updated to iOS 11, you now need to enable microphone access for all IAA apps or else they won't load in any host. (Settings>Privacy>Microphone)"

  • Now that is some useful info right there. Thanks @j_liljedahl . Going to mentally file that tidbit away for later. :)

  • thanks so much, that was the sticky wicket

  • I was thinking of getting the bundle. I have read a lot about them and some like this one or that one but didn’t seem like anyone enjoyed all of them. Should I get the bundle or just get some of them? What is the opinion of them with what is available now and is there any chance they might see AU status?

  • @JudgeDredd said:
    I was thinking of getting the bundle. I have read a lot about them and some like this one or that one but didn’t seem like anyone enjoyed all of them. Should I get the bundle or just get some of them? What is the opinion of them with what is available now and is there any chance they might see AU status?

    Stereo Designer is far and away the best and most useful. Johnny (tremolo) is the other standout to me. Most love Crystalline, but I’m just not a fan of that octave up shimmer reverb thing.

  • @oat_phipps said:

    Stereo Designer is far and away the best and most useful. Johnny (tremolo) is the other standout to me. Most love Crystalline, but I’m just not a fan of that octave up shimmer reverb thing.

    Thank you, what do you think of Caramel if you don’t mind. I think I’m in the same boat as you in the fact Crystalline doesn’t appeal as much as some of the others and that may be where the diversity comes from with most opinions.

  • i think they are pretty good, i really like johnny in particular.... buuuut i am all about AU these days and i have not heard if they are going that way. looking at tiger lily tremolo now...

    caramel sounds terrific, but i like fuzzplus3 more and it is both free and an AU

  • @wellingtonCres said:
    i think they are pretty good, i really like johnny in particular.... buuuut i am all about AU these days and i have not heard if they are going that way. looking at tiger lily tremolo now...

    caramel sounds terrific, but i like fuzzplus3 more and it is both free and an AU

    Thank you, I think I wouldn’t even bat an eye if they where twice the price if they where AU. The stereo effect really is appealing to me, just seems like you could add some depth and field to a track.

  • @JudgeDredd said:

    @oat_phipps said:

    Stereo Designer is far and away the best and most useful. Johnny (tremolo) is the other standout to me. Most love Crystalline, but I’m just not a fan of that octave up shimmer reverb thing.

    Thank you, what do you think of Caramel if you don’t mind. I think I’m in the same boat as you in the fact Crystalline doesn’t appeal as much as some of the others and that may be where the diversity comes from with most opinions.

    I don’t like it. It gets into muddy, destroyed territory way too easily. I’m mainly a guitar player, and the only ones I’ve found suitable for distortion are FuzzPlus 3 (completely free!) and Fabfilter Saturn.

  • Perfect timing, as I was about to ask this same question! Glad to have my Holderness apps available once again.

    Now to figure out why both bs-16i and Phonem now need that "load them manually then quit them" thing for AUM to be able to access them...

  • edited December 2017

    @oat_phipps said:

    @JudgeDredd said:

    @oat_phipps said:

    Stereo Designer is far and away the best and most useful. Johnny (tremolo) is the other standout to me. Most love Crystalline, but I’m just not a fan of that octave up shimmer reverb thing.

    Thank you, what do you think of Caramel if you don’t mind. I think I’m in the same boat as you in the fact Crystalline doesn’t appeal as much as some of the others and that may be where the diversity comes from with most opinions.

    I don’t like it. It gets into muddy, destroyed territory way too easily. I’m mainly a guitar player, and the only ones I’ve found suitable for distortion are FuzzPlus 3 (completely free!) and Fabfilter Saturn.

    Did you try flection? It is really versatile,and it sounds amazing!

    Flection – the ultimate waveshaper de « elephantcandy »

  • @JudgeDredd said:
    I was thinking of getting the bundle. I have read a lot about them and some like this one or that one but didn’t seem like anyone enjoyed all of them. Should I get the bundle or just get some of them? What is the opinion of them with what is available now and is there any chance they might see AU status?

    Definitely get Johnny and Stereo Designer. For me, they are essentials. The secret to Crystalline is backing waaaay off on the level. It can sound good.
    Doubleplus on FuzzPlus3 over Caramel (and also over Audio Damage's own Grind)

  • tjatja
    edited December 2017

    @j_liljedahl said:
    "Are you getting unknown error -10851 when loading IAA apps? If you've updated to iOS 11, you now need to enable microphone access for all IAA apps or else they won't load in any host. (Settings>Privacy>Microphone)"

    Pleaseeeeee, say that this is not true :o :o :o

    In iOS 11 all IAA Apps require access to the microphone?!?!?!?

    Just out of some stupid mistake by Apple?

    Or are there technicals reasons why this is needed?

    That pretty much means, that I will never use iOS 11.
    So far, I planned to get a new iPad with iOS later, esp. before they are get Face ID.
    But with a mandatory spy inbuild, not even that will be possible.

    I am straight horrified.

  • @tja said:
    Pleaseeeeee, say that this is not true :o :o :o

    In iOS 11 all IAA Apps require access to the microphone?!?!?!?

    Just out of some stupid mistake by Apple?

    Or are there technicals reasons why this is needed?

    That pretty much means, that I will never use iOS 11.
    So far, I planned to get a new iPad with iOS later, esp. before they are get Face ID.
    But with a mandatory spy inbuild, not even that will be possible.

    I am straight horrified.

    Overreacting much here? Didn't apps ask for the microphone to be used in iOS 10 too? What's different about iOS 11? People see conspiracies where there are none

  • Yeah, I don’t get this kind of paranoia

  • why is accessing the mic such a big deal?

  • @oat_phipps said:
    Yeah, I don’t get this kind of paranoia

    Where have you been? These apps want to report on your whereabouts and then steal your voice. It's common knowledge.

  • @ALB said:

    @oat_phipps said:
    Yeah, I don’t get this kind of paranoia

    Where have you been? These apps want to report on your whereabouts and then steal your voice. It's common knowledge.

    There are microphones and cameras just about everywhere so the only solution to avoid them completely is to stop breathing and seize to existing...(ie. goodbye life).

    I mean we're talking about audio/music apps here specifically made to record, process and reproduce audio, without any input that can't be done :D

  • @Samu said:

    There are microphones and cameras just about everywhere so the only solution to avoid them completely is to stop breathing and seize to existing...(ie. goodbye life).

    >

    Time to die, I guess. ;)

  • @ALB said:

    @Samu said:

    There are microphones and cameras just about everywhere so the only solution to avoid them completely is to stop breathing and seize to existing...(ie. goodbye life).

    >

    Time to die, I guess. ;)

    Nah, we can start by 'destroying all technology' and return to our caveman-roots :)
    (I sometimes wonder how long humanity & humans would survive if all electronic technology was removed ie. no more microwaves, refrigerators, phones, or anything like that, how many can still set up a safe fire and cook on it)

  • @Samu said:

    @ALB said:

    @Samu said:

    There are microphones and cameras just about everywhere so the only solution to avoid them completely is to stop breathing and seize to existing...(ie. goodbye life).

    >

    Time to die, I guess. ;)

    Nah, we can start by 'destroying all technology' and return to our caveman-roots :)
    (I sometimes wonder how long humanity & humans would survive if all electronic technology was removed ie. no more microwaves, refrigerators, phones, or anything like that, how many can still set up a safe fire and cook on it)

    Gilligan!!!!

  • wimwim
    edited December 2017

    @Samu said:

    @ALB said:

    @Samu said:

    There are microphones and cameras just about everywhere so the only solution to avoid them completely is to stop breathing and seize to existing...(ie. goodbye life).

    >

    Time to die, I guess. ;)

    Nah, we can start by 'destroying all technology' and return to our caveman-roots :)
    (I sometimes wonder how long humanity & humans would survive if all electronic technology was removed ie. no more microwaves, refrigerators, phones, or anything like that, how many can still set up a safe fire and cook on it)

    Check out "One Second After" by William R. Forstchen for a realistic and truly horrifying look at how something like that would play out. Warning, though, it's unrelenting tragedy cover to cover. A very sobering read.

  • @wim said:

    @Samu said:

    @ALB said:

    @Samu said:

    There are microphones and cameras just about everywhere so the only solution to avoid them completely is to stop breathing and seize to existing...(ie. goodbye life).

    >

    Time to die, I guess. ;)

    Nah, we can start by 'destroying all technology' and return to our caveman-roots :)
    (I sometimes wonder how long humanity & humans would survive if all electronic technology was removed ie. no more microwaves, refrigerators, phones, or anything like that, how many can still set up a safe fire and cook on it)

    Check out "One Second After" by William R. Forstchen for a realistic and truly horrifying look at how something like that would play out. Warning, though, it's unrelenting tragedy cover to cover. A very sobering read.

    So it doesn't have the laffs and hijinx of Gilligan's Island? :/

  • @ALB said:

    @wim said:

    @Samu said:

    @ALB said:

    @Samu said:

    There are microphones and cameras just about everywhere so the only solution to avoid them completely is to stop breathing and seize to existing...(ie. goodbye life).

    >

    Time to die, I guess. ;)

    Nah, we can start by 'destroying all technology' and return to our caveman-roots :)
    (I sometimes wonder how long humanity & humans would survive if all electronic technology was removed ie. no more microwaves, refrigerators, phones, or anything like that, how many can still set up a safe fire and cook on it)

    Check out "One Second After" by William R. Forstchen for a realistic and truly horrifying look at how something like that would play out. Warning, though, it's unrelenting tragedy cover to cover. A very sobering read.

    So it doesn't have the laffs and hijinx of Gilligan's Island? :/

    There is a coconut radio that saves the day. Or does somebody spill a vat of banana glue on it?

  • @Samu said:

    @ALB said:

    @oat_phipps said:
    Yeah, I don’t get this kind of paranoia

    Where have you been? These apps want to report on your whereabouts and then steal your voice. It's common knowledge.

    There are microphones and cameras just about everywhere so the only solution to avoid them completely is to stop breathing and seize to existing...(ie. goodbye life).

    I mean we're talking about audio/music apps here specifically made to record, process and reproduce audio, without any input that can't be done :D

    Yeah, well, paranoia aside, can you not say No, don't access my microphone? On account of it'll sound like shit and I'd prefer a condenser mic run through a preamp?

  • @ExAsperis99 said:

    There is a coconut radio that saves the day. Or does somebody spill a vat of banana glue on it?

    It's always the latter. Guess they'll never get off that island!

  • @ExAsperis99 said:

    Yeah, well, paranoia aside, can you not say No, don't access my microphone? On account of it'll sound like shit and I'd prefer a condenser mic run through a preamp?

    It's the basic 'Audio Input' that is requested by CoreAudio so when you hook up your condenser mic using an interface the built-in mic is over-ridden...(Ie. you can NOT record using both Built-In Mic and External Input at the same time).

  • @Samu said:

    @ALB said:

    @Samu said:

    There are microphones and cameras just about everywhere so the only solution to avoid them completely is to stop breathing and seize to existing...(ie. goodbye life).

    >

    Time to die, I guess. ;)

    Nah, we can start by 'destroying all technology' and return to our caveman-roots :)
    (I sometimes wonder how long humanity & humans would survive if all electronic technology was removed ie. no more microwaves, refrigerators, phones, or anything like that, how many can still set up a safe fire and cook on it)

    Poor, poor, Puerto Rico. :'(

Sign In or Register to comment.