Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Better late than never

Animoog is freakin' awesome. <3

Comments

• Agreed.

Same thought, different realm: Neo-Soul Keys Studio is stellar

• I'm really enjoying this so called ‘iced cream’.

• Beautifull app, If ''they'' would ask me which non-AU synth should be made AUv3 it is definitely Animoog

• just rediscovered it a few days ago. i'm going to get some more timbres. load of sound sculpting possibilities. definitely shows off the best for ios

• @AudioGus said:
    I'm really enjoying this so called ‘iced cream’.

Just wait’ll you try astronaut ice cream! Wave of the future

• @CracklePot said:

I heard about a new synth called Sunrizer and it is supposed to be pretty good.

• @Hmtx said:
    Agreed.

Same thought, different realm: Neo-Soul Keys Studio is stellar

ORLY

• @Jurri said:
    Beautifull app, If ''they'' would ask me which non-AU synth should be made AUv3 it is definitely Animoog

For personal interest, why would you favor an AU over what you have now?

That would potentially entail not having your 4 track or other features and most definitely would love the Audiobus Remote control for me which is invaluable?

How many instances would you like to run of it?

Do you have issues in AB or IAA now?

Just wondering because I use it for hours a day and never have an issue.

Thanks

• @RUST( i )K

I find the IAA tower is like Jenga! ;)

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    @RUST( i )K

I find the IAA tower is like Jenga! ;)

Fucking funny

I do hold my breath most of the time.

Hence, Animoog.

Needs not effects. AB Remote. 4 track. Mapped to my keyboard..........LOL

• Welcome to the 90’s !

• @JangoMango said:
    Welcome to the 90’s !

Surely I am not THAT late, am I? :#

• @CracklePot said:

@JangoMango said:
    Welcome to the 90’s !

Surely I am not THAT late, am I? :#

Bro

It is vintage ios.

The life span here is different.

Heard of dog years?

ios music app years are

1 month = 1 year

• The thing with Animoog AU is I want the Animoog keyboard with all of its slides and such and I want all the little slides and MPE stuff to be recorded with midi data so I can still tweak the sounds. Is AU the solution? I dunno you tell me. But I'd opt for a standalone Animoog multitrack sequencer over AU. Like the 4 track but with the actual midi data so you can tweak afterwards. But this might all not matter one bit as I only have Animoog iPhone and it's not universal so if anything happens, we'll probably get shafted again. Which is fine and understandable, but I can still be a little bummed by that sort of thing

• @db909 said:
    The thing with Animoog AU is I want the Animoog keyboard with all of its slides and such and I want all the little slides and MPE stuff to be recorded with midi data so I can still tweak the sounds. Is AU the solution? I dunno you tell me. But I'd opt for a standalone Animoog multitrack sequencer over AU. Like the 4 track but with the actual midi data so you can tweak afterwards. But this might all not matter one bit as I only have Animoog iPhone and it's not universal so if anything happens, we'll probably get shafted again. Which is fine and understandable, but I can still be a little bummed by that sort of thing

I use the keyboard too, so understand what you mean. It’s the same for WaveMapper - it’s sounds are not as good with just a basic keyboard. It needs the midi going to control the x and y axis modulations. What we really need is a decent onscreen stand alone keyboard that sends the required data for apps that need it.

For myself wanting AU is more about reliability over IAA in hosts than it is about having multiple instances.

• @RUST( i )K said:

@CracklePot said:

I heard about a new synth called Sunrizer and it is supposed to be pretty good.

Sunrizer is a solid basic synth. I don’t keep it around, but will go after it if it might fulfill a need. Not a new synth, but a good one.

• Love Sunrizer.... why can’t all synth makers have that pattern recorder.. so simple but brilliant..

• @JangoMango said:
    Love Sunrizer.... why can’t all synth makers have that pattern recorder.. so simple but brilliant..

Love it also, but am amused (at self) how the small things can really get all up inside and rotate your nibs: Why is the lovely powerful random button hidden behind the 'Utils' menu forcing me to tap twice for gratification argh etc.?

• @AudioGus said:

What we really need is a decent onscreen stand alone keyboard that sends the required data for apps that need it.

Geoshred, Thumbjam?

• edited November 2017

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@AudioGus said:

What we really need is a decent onscreen stand alone keyboard that sends the required data for apps that need it.

Geoshred, Thumbjam?

I said what now? (Edit: Think that was fruitbat)

• What Animoog needs is to do what Geoshred has done, and give you the option of dumping all or some of the rest of the interface and having a multirow keyboard, so you can play something that actually spans a couple of octaves. The keyboard is an awesome one. Can I please have 3 1/2 octaves of it at one time?

• @AudioGus said:

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@AudioGus said:

Geoshred, Thumbjam?

I said what now? (Edit: Think that was fruitbat)

Yes, I should have qualified my comment fully. By onscreen keyboard, I meant within a host for use with other apps such as AUM or AudioBus. Also within a DAW app. The problem with most stand alone touch keyboard apps, they are fine as midi senders, but most are unable to be onscreen at the same time as the apps they are controlling. This makes them less than ideal as split screen does not work with most apps.

• @rickwaugh said:
    What Animoog needs is to do what Geoshred has done, and give you the option of dumping all or some of the rest of the interface and having a multirow keyboard, so you can play something that actually spans a couple of octaves. The keyboard is an awesome one. Can I please have 3 1/2 octaves of it at one time?

I believe someone will catch on to the need for a quality onscreen keyboard now that AU midi Is here. AU midi is probably the perfect delivery method for some great onscreen keyboards beyond the usual couple of octave featureless things we have at preset.

• @Fruitbat1919 How is that Roli Seaboard app? Isn't it an onscreen virtual Seaboard or something like that?

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@rickwaugh said:
    What Animoog needs is to do what Geoshred has done, and give you the option of dumping all or some of the rest of the interface and having a multirow keyboard, so you can play something that actually spans a couple of octaves. The keyboard is an awesome one. Can I please have 3 1/2 octaves of it at one time?

I believe someone will catch on to the need for a quality onscreen keyboard now that AU midi Is here. AU midi is probably the perfect delivery method for some great onscreen keyboards beyond the usual couple of octave featureless things we have at preset.

I love the one in Geoshred. I like how the sliding modulation on the key works in Animoog, with Animoog or Model15, at any rate, better. Geoshred is excellent now, and available. Moog’s keyboard is already made as well, of course. It’s a tweak, really, to make it full screen. I’d bet they’d sell a shitload more of them, as a controller for other synths as well as themselves, if they did that. They could break out the keyboard as a seperate app.

• @CracklePot said:
    @Fruitbat1919 How is that Roli Seaboard app? Isn't it an onscreen virtual Seaboard or something like that?

@rickwaugh said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@rickwaugh said:

I love the one in Geoshred. I like how the sliding modulation on the key works in Animoog, with Animoog or Model15, at any rate, better. Geoshred is excellent now, and available. Moog’s keyboard is already made as well, of course. It’s a tweak, really, to make it full screen. I’d bet they’d sell a shitload more of them, as a controller for other synths as well as themselves, if they did that. They could break out the keyboard as a seperate app.

I will answer these together:

For myself it’s not how good any of these keyboards are, it’s the fact that as stand alone they are useless to me, as I need a keyboard that’s onscreen below the AU being used at the time.

• Interesting thought. Though, to be truly useful in the way y> @Fruitbat1919 said:

@CracklePot said:
    @Fruitbat1919 How is that Roli Seaboard app? Isn't it an onscreen virtual Seaboard or something like that?

@rickwaugh said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@rickwaugh said:

For myself it’s not how good any of these keyboards are, it’s the fact that as stand alone they are useless to me, as I need a keyboard that’s onscreen below the AU being used at the time.

Interesting thought. Though, for this to work, the devs for the synths would have to figure out some kind of interface to expose, so that it worked in the space provided. I’m not sure how well that would work, depending on how much functionality they wanted to show.

• @rickwaugh said:
    Interesting thought. Though, to be truly useful in the way y> @Fruitbat1919 said:

@CracklePot said:

@rickwaugh said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@rickwaugh said:

Interesting thought. Though, for this to work, the devs for the synths would have to figure out some kind of interface to expose, so that it worked in the space provided. I’m not sure how well that would work, depending on how much functionality they wanted to show.

As long as an AU can have a shrunk interface window, there would be enough room for either a decent keyboard within the usual hosts, or even AU midi windowed keyboards - these after all are just screen touch devices sending midi.

They will be able to make some quite fancy keyboards (think the love child of Animoog, TC-11 and Selene Redux Pro). Think keyboard and midi designers. So much they can do beyond the boring row of piano keys!

• edited December 2017

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@rickwaugh said:
    Interesting thought. Though, to be truly useful in the way y> @Fruitbat1919 said:

@CracklePot said:

@rickwaugh said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@rickwaugh said:

As long as an AU can have a shrunk interface window, there would be enough room for either a decent keyboard within the usual hosts, or even AU midi windowed keyboards - these after all are just screen touch devices sending midi.

They will be able to make some quite fancy keyboards (think the love child of Animoog, TC-11 and Selene Redux Pro). Think keyboard and midi designers. So much they can do beyond the boring row of piano keys!

Remember AU now does full screen and then can be shrunk when needing to use the AU synth window on screen too.

Here’s some examples from current app keyboards that could be in AU hosts or as AU midi:

• @Fruitbat1919 I see what you are asking for now. I would like it if the AUM KB had some different settings for chords or ribbon, or even some X/Y sensitive MPE type of settings.