Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Deleted

edited January 2023 in Creations

Deleted

Comments

• really really lovely... tell us about workflow?

• @wellingtonCres said:
    really really lovely... tell us about workflow?

Thanks!

2 instances of m15, 1 instance of mood. Hosted in AUM. Driven by fugue machine this time. Manually adjusted step length( is there a way to do this in Quantum so that all voices move together @midiSequencer ?) Audio piped to Cubasis. Compression, high pass...a little eq on the pad. AUFX push and space on the master bus.

• @waynerowand this sounds really great, man, I love the mood it sets. And the visuals from Wizbel match the feel perfectly!

• edited November 2017

@waynerowand said:

Manually adjusted step length( is there a way to do this in Quantum so that all voices move together @midiSequencer ?)

Yes its called the Time parameter (see middle row of buttons) you can draw or link them. Use it with song/sequence tempo division.

Whats the M15 patch - sounds a bit like FX Birds (which is my patch submission)? Might not be though...

• @theartwebreathe Thank you very much!

@midiSequencer Thank you for that. The app is very deep and I’m still finding my way. The patch is filter resonance.

• edited November 2017

More good stuff. Favorite yet.

You mentioned headphones, so this is a good place to vent. My Sony 7506s died, stuck with some Apple Earpods for now. And man these have already screwed up my built-up natural calibration. Soooo much unnatural bass (nothing to do with your track, purely the phone switch)

• @oat_phipps said:
    More good stuff. Favorite yet.

You mentioned headphones, so this is a good place to vent. My Sony 7506s died, stuck with some Apple Earpods for now. And man these have already screwed up my built-up natural calibration. Soooo much unnatural bass (nothing to do with your track, purely the phone switch)

Might need some advice here from you guys. I’ve been using the earphones you get with the iPhone and lately I’ve had to take a bit of a break coz theyve been hurting my ears lately.

Total noob question but I’m assuming I need better headphones... and then the tricky bit, what should I get? (Preferably reasonably cheap as I’m on a tight budget)

Thanks guys

• @oat_phipps Hey man! Sorry to hear about your cans! Just pulled out a pair of Apple earbuds here......I think it’s in the mix. I’ve had the flu and it’s totally wrecked my head. I ran a high pass but guess I didn’t shave enough off. Sounds decent on my monitors....so maybe I’ll split the difference.

@Keenan Honestly, I can’t tell you what to get. I use a pair of audio-technica ath-m50x. I like them. They sound good to my ears and are comfortable for longer sessions. My wife bought them for Christmas several years ago....I think they were around $150.

• @waynerowand said:
    @oat_phipps Hey man! Sorry to hear about your cans! Just pulled out a pair of Apple earbuds here......I think it’s in the mix. I’ve had the flu and it’s totally wrecked my head. I ran a high pass but guess I didn’t shave enough off. Sounds decent on my monitors....so maybe I’ll split the difference.

@Keenan Honestly, I can’t tell you what to get. I use a pair of audio-technica ath-m50x. I like them. They sound good to my ears and are comfortable for longer sessions. My wife bought them for Christmas several years ago....I think they were around $150.

Nah like I said, it’s purely the headphones. I’ve been playing albums I know well and it’s all bloated.

And I recommend Sony MDR-7506’s, naturally. You can usually find them for 75-80 bucks if you shop around a bit. Normal retail is $100, and they’re still worth that.

• @Keenan Be sure to check out the impedance of whatever headphones you are considering. I bought some nicer studio-quality headphones, but they are high impedance and don't sound good plugged into my iPad. My $30 low impedance headphones actually sound better with my iPad. I think studio quality headphones want a studio-grade headphone amp driving them, but the iPad signal is too weak and the audio lacks low end, and is a lot lower in overall volume.

• Wunderbar!]

Does anyone have the FABIO RIBEIRO patches? Basic & Basses Collection.
    I managed to delete mine & the link is gone.... :(

• @Kühl said:
    Wunderbar!]

Does anyone have the FABIO RIBEIRO patches? Basic & Basses Collection.
    I managed to delete mine & the link is gone.... :(

I think I have a copy. Will check when I get home. I definitely have it installed in my model15 so worse case I will have to extract it from there.