Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Can newer 12.9 ipad +ios11 split screen with any apps, or just split-enabled apps?

Reviewing the description of what the newest 12.9" ipads can do with ios 11, the specs make it look like it can put ANY two apps side by side, whereas the 10.5" and the first gen 12.9" reduce the apps to their "iphone view" due to hardware and/or screen size limitations.

Given the glut of articles that repeat the same talking points and the relatively google-resistant question, I haven't gotten a straight answer yet.

Can someone with a newest gen 12.9" tell us whether we can use any 2 apps (e.g. animoog and loopy--not just audiobus remote and whatever other ten or so apps have multitasking enabled) in split screen view?

If such a thing is possible, that would be a legitimate reason to consider an upgrade to the newest jumbo ipad.

Comments

• edited November 2017

I have the 2017 pro - split screen requires apps which support it. I’ve just fired up loopy HD and animoog and they definately do not live side by side :)

You can do a new thing in iOS 11 where apps supporting split screen can live above those that don’t, but in a thin slither (not full split screen) .. think it’s called slide over. Still won’t help with those apps!

• Thanks: and to confirm, you have a 12.9” iPad Pro? That’s the only model that looked like it might do the trick...

• @midilifestyle said:
    Thanks: and to confirm, you have a 12.9” iPad Pro? That’s the only model that looked like it might do the trick...

Yup 12.9” Pro, have used split screen extensively since it launched on old OS, have been on 11 since early beta using it. (Just qualifying that I’m not a numpty ;))

• Appreciate it!

Also points for using numpty. one of the best UK disses.