Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iTunes: Caution "Free" to Restore- WTF?

I sometimes just "rebuy" items to restore previous purchases.

Caution.

I did this for AUXY to restore my Signature Pianos and iTunes recharged my card the $4.99.

So, keep an eye on your bill/statements and caution what and how you restore things.

Later!

Comments

• Thanks for the warning. B)

• @RUST( i )K said:

Caution.

I did this for AUXY to restore my Signature Pianos and iTunes recharged my card the $4.99.

So, keep an eye on your bill/statements and caution what and how you restore things.

Later!

Was it the same version, because if I remember correctly isn't there more than one version.

• Had to recently get a refund for an app I received the pro update for free. When the app received a recent update the pro features disappeared. I restored the purchase and low and behold Apple charged me. I got my money back though pretty quick....watch out :o

• Do you get a new invoice/receipt when you get recharged? As long as you get a notification I guess at least you can see it happening. Bit worrying if it's happening silently though...

• @Carnbot said:
    Do you get a new invoice/receipt when you get recharged? As long as you get a notification I guess at least you can see it happening. Bit worrying if it's happening silently though...

Same thoughts here, in the past when restore purchases, in app was missing or messed up, the suggestion was to repurchase as you wouldn't be recharged, looks like this method is not good advice anymore.

• Some apps (mostly games though) offer IAPs as 'consumables' ie. buy once... meaning they can not be restored.

• @Carnbot said:
    Do you get a new invoice/receipt when you get recharged? As long as you get a notification I guess at least you can see it happening. Bit worrying if it's happening silently though...

Yes in email

I have record of original purchase

I think the changeover to iOS 11 on ALL other devices this is the old AIR 1 where I kept iOS 10 to retain Alchemy.

• @knewspeak said:

@RUST( i )K said:

Caution.

Later!

Was it the same version, because if I remember correctly isn't there more than one version.

Same

I had it installed on this device previously.

I am 100% sure.

• THE REAL PROBLEM NOW IS EVERY TIME I GO TO PROCESS PROBLEM WITH AREA AND GIVE REASON AND EXPLANATION EVERY TIME I HIT SUBMIT, IT SAYS STORE UNABLE TO PROCESS YOUR REQUEST.

When companies get too big it is like dealing with the fucking government pigs.

• @RUST( i )K said:
    THE REAL PROBLEM NOW IS EVERY TIME I GO TO PROCESS PROBLEM WITH AREA AND GIVE REASON AND EXPLANATION EVERY TIME I HIT SUBMIT, IT SAYS STORE UNABLE TO PROCESS YOUR REQUEST.

Go to the apple website and then use the online chat to talk to them. they will sort it pretty quick once you get connected

• @AndyPlankton said:

@RUST( i )K said:
    THE REAL PROBLEM NOW IS EVERY TIME I GO TO PROCESS PROBLEM WITH AREA AND GIVE REASON AND EXPLANATION EVERY TIME I HIT SUBMIT, IT SAYS STORE UNABLE TO PROCESS YOUR REQUEST.

Go to the apple website and then use the online chat to talk to them. they will sort it pretty quick once you get connected

Yeah. I did.

I gave the date of original purchase yada yada

• @AndyPlankton said:

@RUST( i )K said:

Yeah not saying that they sort everything, but I’ve used there online help chat 4 times and 3 times they sorted it within a few minutes :)

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@RUST( i )K said:

Yeah not saying that they sort everything, but I’ve used there online help chat 4 times and 3 times they sorted it within a few minutes :)

All corporation Apple bashing aside, the support has been awesome.

I was shocked with my new MacBook Pro the help got with a wifi issue I had.

• edited November 2017

@RUST( i )K said:

Caution.

Later!

This is the reason I removed my card from my iTunes account and started just buying iTunes and App Store cards from my local supermarket in case that happened to me.

• @RUST( i )K said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@RUST( i )K said:

It's part of what we pay the big bucks for :)

• Exactly!

@Artmuzz said:

@RUST( i )K said:

Caution.

Later!

This is the reason I removed my card from my iTunes account and started just buying iTunes and App Store cards from my local supermarket in case that happened to me.

• An additional 'security' to avoid accidental purchases is to NOT use TouchID on the AppStore and have it require password for every transaction. 'Restore' usually doesn't require a password since one is most likely already logged in with the AppleID that the app was originally purchased with. Using apps from multiple AppleID's on one device is just asking for trouble...

• I bought the Abu Dhabi gadget on sale and got charged full price anyway, even thought the invoice from Apple only lists the discounted price. Grrrr. Might be worth checking if you did the same thing last week during the sales.

• @Samu said:
    An additional 'security' to avoid accidental purchases is to NOT use TouchID on the AppStore and have it require password for every transaction. 'Restore' usually doesn't require a password since one is most likely already logged in with the AppleID that the app was originally purchased with. Using apps from multiple AppleID's on one device is just asking for trouble...

Same I.D.

But great point.

• @Ribbon said:
    I bought the Abu Dhabi gadget on sale and got charged full price anyway, even thought the invoice from Apple only lists the discounted price. Grrrr. Might be worth checking if you did the same thing last week during the sales.

Apple starting to feel like the cell phone bill

Always looking for the obligatory $1 here and $1 there until you realize they got $50 off you in couple months.

• @Artmuzz said:

@RUST( i )K said:

Caution.

Later!

Funny

It never happened to me with iTunes cards only

I add a credit card and multiple errors like this in a month......

• @RUST( i )K said:

@Artmuzz said:

@RUST( i )K said:

Caution.

Later!

Funny

It never happened to me with iTunes cards only

I add a credit card and multiple errors like this in a month......

Hm, I think I might start to go the same route if I buy more apps in the future (I'm more or less sorted right now). Thanks for the tip @Artmuzz !

• @RUST( i )K said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@RUST( i )K said:

They replaced my out of warranty bricked Pro free of charge in seconds.

They get a lot of bashing but this kind of thing helps loyalty (that and there isn’t really an alternative for quality music apps ...).

And we do, indeed, pay a hefty price for it. It’s the cost of the cables/adapters that get to me more than the device ...

• @TheVimFuego said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@RUST( i )K said:

They replaced my out of warranty bricked Pro free of charge in seconds.

They get a lot of bashing but this kind of thing helps loyalty (that and there isn’t really an alternative for quality music apps ...).

And we do, indeed, pay a hefty price for it. It’s the cost of the cables/adapters that get to me more than the device ...

Yeah cables are mind boggling prices. The memory charges bug me too, as it would be in their interest to make the memory SKUs cheaper so that people would buy more apps, music, films etc. No doubt someone will jump in and say ‘ well Apple will already have looked into this, so it must not be the case’ - here I point you to the Sony PS Vita with its expensive memory prices - look closely there and there is evidence to suggest what I’m saying is correct ;)