Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

PPG Infinite - importing of files?

Does PPG Infinite support the import of files from Audioshare (or anywhere else)? The blurb states "Import WTS and TCS files from the iPad WaveGenerator and WaveMapper", but I'm not sure if I want to have to spring for these in addition. I really want to have the option of importing my own stuff.

Comments

• @ALB said:
    Does PPG Infinite support the import of files from Audioshare (or anywhere else)? The blurb states "Import WTS and TCS files from the iPad WaveGenerator and WaveMapper", but I'm not sure if I want to have to spring for these in addition. I really want to have the option of importing my own stuff.

If you want to create WTS files and have access to a PC, Audioterm 2 can create WTs for a variety of WT synths, PPG Wavegenerator is one of them. It has a learning curve though.

• @knewspeak said:

@ALB said:

If you want to create WTS files and have access to a PC, Audioterm 2 can create WTs for a variety of WT synths, PPG Wavegenerator is one of them. It has a learning curve though.

Thanks - was hoping that there might be an Audioshare import (one nice thing about Scythe). From what I've read, I might prefer WaveMapper to WaveGenerator, but again, that's another 20 bucks. Might be worth it, as everyone seems to rave about the PPG stuff. Maybe I'll put off other app purchases for awhile - hmmm...

• @ALB said:

@knewspeak said:

@ALB said:

Thanks - was hoping that there might be an Audioshare import (one nice thing about Scythe). From what I've read, I might prefer WaveMapper to WaveGenerator, but again, that's another 20 bucks. Might be worth it, as everyone seems to rave about the PPG stuff. Maybe I'll put off other app purchases for awhile - hmmm...

I’m sure you’re aware about the learning curve owning infinite, but the range do work well together and compliment each other. Not everyone’s cup of tea, but deep down when you’ve spent time with them, it all starts to feel like something special gels together.

Yes he probably could have made it all a bit clearer for us lesser mortals, but still worth the effort. Saying all that, WaveMapper has the most intelligent way to generate random sound ideas ever! You still have to make choices and clean up a few odds and ends, but it’s the best way to generate sound ideas IMO.

• ", b

I’m sure you’re aware about the learning curve owning infinite, but the range do work well together and compliment each other. Not everyone’s cup of tea, but deep down when you’ve spent time with them, it all starts to feel like something special gels together.

Yes he probably could have made it all a bit clearer for us lesser mortals, but still worth the effort. Saying all that, WaveMapper has the most intelligent way to generate random sound ideas ever! You still have to make choices and clean up a few odds and ends, but it’s the best way to generate sound ideas IMO.

Yeah, the learning curve doesn’t deter me, I simply have an obsession with rolling my own completely from scratch, so I was hoping to import my own sounds into Infinite without using Wavmapper, but it sounds like that is not possible.

• @ALB said:

", b

Yeah, the learning curve doesn’t deter me, I simply have an obsession with rolling my own completely from scratch, so I was hoping to import my own sounds into Infinite without using Wavmapper, but it sounds like that is not possible.

If it is, I don’t know it yet.

WaveMapper can be a little picky what it takes in wave wise, but it can also play short samples in addition to wavetables.

WaveGenerator on the other hand really lets you mess about with wavetables.

Both WM and WG can send their Wavetables to Infinite.

Phonem lets you send files that essentially become filters in Infinite.

So many things you can do to make it all a personal sound - and all way cheaper than a PPG Wave 2.3 and Waveterm lol ;)

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@ALB said:

If it is, I don’t know it yet.

WaveMapper can be a little picky what it takes in wave wise, but it can also play short samples in addition to wavetables.

WaveGenerator on the other hand really lets you mess about with wavetables.

Both WM and WG can send their Wavetables to Infinite.

Phonem lets you send files that essentially become filters in Infinite.

So many things you can do to make it all a personal sound - and all way cheaper than a PPG Wave 2.3 and Waveterm lol ;)

All good to know - thanks! Yeah, it's all relatively cheap. For now, I'm a bit app'ed out...

• Oh sweet, there’s a discussion already on what I was about to ask, gotta love this forum :)

So I too would like to import my own sounds that I recorded into Infinite. From what I gather, WaveMapper is the one that could do it. Like so:

My_audio_file —> WaveMapper —> Infinite

Has anyone tried this yet? And if so does it sound the same as it does in WaveMapper? So far I only bought Infinite (which I really like) but I’m not sure how these two apps interact realistically.

@ALB I think you must have an answer to this by now ;]

• @epfox Ha - I got wavemapper but have done nothing with it yet. Your understanding is, I believe, correct about how to import.

• @ALB hehe, I got a couple of apps waiting to be “discovered” on my iPad too ;)

I wonder what exactly gets transferred to Infinity, is it what you hear as final result in WaveMapper, or just the plain (converted) wave from