Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Blocs in AUM

Hi there,
Blocs can be started in AUM. It seems to work. But the audio is not routed thru AUM. So on my device (iPad pro).
Is that a known finding?
Can anyone approve this.
Greetings!
Satie

Comments

• @Satie said:
    Hi there,
    Blocs can be started in AUM. It seems to work. But the audio is not routed thru AUM. So on my device (iPad pro).
    Is that a known finding?
    Can anyone approve this.
    Greetings!
    Satie

Hi Satie,

We're aware of this bug and looking into it at the moment. Hopefully we'll be able to get it fixed for you in the next update.

• @AmpifyxNovation said:

@Satie said:
    Hi there,
    Is that a known finding?
    Can anyone approve this.
    Greetings!
    Satie

Hi Satie,

We're aware of this bug and looking into it at the moment. Hopefully we'll be able to get it fixed for you in the next update.

Thanks!!! Looking forward.

• ... BLOCS audio routing is still not featured in AUM (and I think in iMPC2).
    Just copy the behavior of Launchpad...

• updated, still does not work...

• ? Seemed to work for me when I tested it earlier.

• edited December 2017

@wellingtonCres said:
    updated, still does not work...

Launch Blocs manually, then add it to an AUM channel.

• @audiorangutan thanks, that does work, for now...

• Thanks for the workaround!!

• Blocs working in AUM for me, loaded from AUM.

• @Satie said:
    Hi there,
    Is that a known finding?
    Can anyone approve this.
    Greetings!
    Satie

• the problem is deceiving, blocs might launch but is the audio properly coming through the aum channel? does the channel fader affect the volume, does the channel meter light up?

for me the silver lining is discovering the file player built in to AUM, powerful and perfectly reliable

• Latest update seems to have fixed this IAA issue.... Well, for me, AUM and Studiomux...
    Thank you.

• Yes, me too have working.

• Works great here.

• Sorry if this has been addressed already. I already have the slicing and import IAP. Is the EQ really an extra $9.99? For a three-band EQ? Is there no "complete your Pro bundle"? Seems rather steep.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Sorry if this has been addressed already. I already have the slicing and import IAP. Is the EQ really an extra $9.99? For a three-band EQ? Is there no "complete your Pro bundle"? Seems rather steep.

Can you get the eq on its own without using the pro pack ?

• I guess, but it wants to charge me $9.99? I guess I can do EQ in post.

I really like hearing how people are using this creatively, like @echoopera. This is a fun app, and it is rekindled my interest. But I have a real snob attitude about using sound packs — especially if they're as good as the Blocs packs. I have no problem sampling an old gospel record, but borrowing from a premade ambient indie loop (that I might have made myself) seems like cheating.

• Hmm, Blocs Wave still not piping audio in AUM for me. Both apps updated.

I’m still on iOS 11.1.2 though.

• @SpookyZoo said:
    Hmm, Blocs Wave still not piping audio in AUM for me. Both apps updated.

I’m still on iOS 11.1.2 though.

Gotta launch Blocs first, then load into AUM

• Oh, ok. I thought this was the fix mentioned above. Ta.

• Maybe the un/re install trick might help? It should be working, but I am on the latest iOS so maybe that is it. Air2, if that is relevant

• @Zen210507 said:
    Blocs working in AUM for me, loaded from AUM.

Not for me unfortunately.

Still need to load first manually.

• @CracklePot said:
    Maybe the un/re install trick might help? It should be working, but I am on the latest iOS so maybe that is it. Air2, if that is relevant

Yeah, gonna try the iOS update now.

Cheers

• @SpookyZoo said:

@Zen210507 said:
    Blocs working in AUM for me, loaded from AUM.

Not for me unfortunately.

Still need to load first manually.

>

Since my original post, BW now has the same fault for me that you see. Fine if I load BW first, not working if I try to load from within AUM.

• Still working for me, so weird! I will update here if mine breaks too.

• I’m on 11.2.2
    All works great Air1

• Ok, it’s working.

Updating the iOS didn’t solve it.

But a delete and reinstall of Blocs got it working when launched from AUM.

Guess I should have considered saving my projects first!! :(

• Thanks for the fixing. Works as it should now-

• And we’ve got the update!!!! Bug is fixed, Blocs wave audio is fine now when loaded from AUM on my iPhone 7 Plus.

• I can get blocs wave playing nicely in sync in AUM with Ableton Link but can’t get it to start playback from AUM; I have to start both apps separately.

I’ve tried all the various combinations of parameters I think but nothing gets Blocs responding to the AUM transport and vice versa.

Is this possible?