Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Nice Piano + iPad Jam (AUM, BramX3, Patterning, Animoog...)

Just saw this on Synthtopia.

“It’s an improvisation i played on the piano, using iPad with AUM, Patterning, Ripplemaker, Animoog, Troublemaker, Crystalline, Reverb (Amazing Noises), and Odessa Bassline (from the new MIDI plugins suite for iOS).

I am using the built-in microphone of the iPad for capturing the piano sound – no sound card or any other gear used.”

Also noticed Pumphouse in the mix. +1 for the camera angle. +10 for tweaking Ripplemaker in real time. +100 for just using the built in mic! With that many effects, who cares? Sounds great.

Comments

• @syrupcore said:
    Just saw this on Synthtopia.

“It’s an improvisation i played on the piano, using iPad with AUM, Patterning, Ripplemaker, Animoog, Troublemaker, Crystalline, Reverb (Amazing Noises), and Odessa Bassline (from the new MIDI plugins suite for iOS).

I am using the built-in microphone of the iPad for capturing the piano sound – no sound card or any other gear used.”

Also noticed Pumphouse in the mix. +1 for the camera angle. +10 for tweaking Ripplemaker in real time. +100 for just using the built in mic! With that many effects, who cares? Sounds great.

Indeed.. absolutely amazing performance.

• So soothing. That’s the sort of thing I try to do, but I just don’t end up sounding so good lol

• Nice work! Thanks for sharing :-)

• ah, that's lush. love the live stuff

• It's absolutely beautiful. I reminded this video today, and I hope someone else will see/hear it again :)

• Gorgeous. I have no idea how to do this kind of stuff, be fun to try with guitar. I’m a constant noodler/improviser. How does the piano trigger the rest of it?

• @rickwaugh said:
    Gorgeous. I have no idea how to do this kind of stuff, be fun to try with guitar. I’m a constant noodler/improviser. How does the piano trigger the rest of it?

Looks like the other tracks are playing independent of the piano input. Piano is going to Crystalline from the sound of it. Agreed, very nice results here.

• @Hmtx said:

@rickwaugh said:
    Gorgeous. I have no idea how to do this kind of stuff, be fun to try with guitar. I’m a constant noodler/improviser. How does the piano trigger the rest of it?

Looks like the other tracks are playing independent of the piano input. Piano is going to Crystalline from the sound of it. Agreed, very nice results here.

Yes, just figured that out using the app list posted. Still, very nice. Be interesting to try some of this myself. I don’t have Ripplemaker or Patterning, but I do have AUM and a few synths. I also have Beathawk I could use for percussion.