Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: Quickly Auditioning Samples on a PC

I have collected a large library of samples on my PC and am looking for a quicker way to audition them than double-clicking them in Windows explorer to open them in Audacity, one-by-one.

Is there anything like AudioShare for the PC that lets you explore the file structure with a single click to play audio files to speed up this process?

Comments

• I bet there must be at least a few 'Explorer Extensions' on WIndows that mimic SpotLight on macOS?
    (Ie. on the Mac I can in the finder just tap space bar to preview files).

You could use say VLC MediaPlayer and drop a folder on the PlayList window and play all files one after another.

• @Samu said:
    I bet there must be at least a few 'Explorer Extensions' on WIndows that mimic SpotLight on macOS?

You could use say VLC MediaPlayer and drop a folder on the PlayList window and play all files one after another.

Oh, I hadn’t thought of VLC. I have that installed, and I’ll see how that works for this, thanks!

• @Shaken&;Stirred said:

@Samu said:
    I bet there must be at least a few 'Explorer Extensions' on WIndows that mimic SpotLight on macOS?

Oh, I hadn’t thought of VLC. I have that installed, and I’ll see how that works for this, thanks!

I use it to play 'Mod-Files' I have on my hard-drive and preview samples from time to time.

• I think the light version of Ableton live will let you click and preview any clips you have once you add the directory to their browser. And if I recall correctly, there's a few apps that give you a free Ableton light license - Gadget and Patterning, I think. (Hopefully someone else can confirm this, not enough coffee yet today for me to be sure.)

• @Angie said:
    I think the light version of Ableton live will let you click and preview any clips you have once you add the directory to their browser. And if I recall correctly, there's a few apps that give you a free Ableton light license - Gadget and Patterning, I think. (Hopefully someone else can confirm this, not enough coffee yet today for me to be sure.)

True.
    Also you can download any of the free audio editors, some let you play/review samples by pushing bar and advance with up/down arrows.

• This works great, and is exactly what I was looking for, thanks!

• Yep that's the one....Resonic Player, one click to launch anything in the interface. I used it recently to move through a swathe of 'Single Cycle Waveforms' in loop mode..excellent way to audition folders of tiny waveforms.