Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Newbie with a small suggestion...

Hi, I just got into Audiobus and I like what I've found so far, but I do see one thing that could be improved on this main site. When one is scrolling through all the different apps, with all the links to the app store, one thing that would help new people, is a little indicator if the app is free or paid. I mean, you can find out if you go to the product page in iTunes, but as we get more and more apps on here, anything to streamline the process is definitely A Good Thing.™

Also, hi all. :)

Comments

• edited October 2013

You could always use this forum for guidance and advice about apps. It's very helpful.

Couple of audiobus compatible apps that come to mind which are free is the Novation Launchkey, Yonacs Minisynth2, Alchemy Mobile (great!).

Will also mention that this forum is great to watch for when apps go on sale or free for a limited time. There's usually a thread posted soon afterewards... Usually by mgmg4871.

• Welcome caleb_explosion to the forum. I think what might make your request difficult to achieve is the ever changing prices of apps. As you said there are a lot of apps, and to ask the AB team to keep track of daily price changes might be a bit much. Many of these apps go from paid to free at various times. Besides, we want the AB Devs to devote their time to Audiobus development. Lol.

• I didn't realize that the words A Good Thing had been trademarked. The free versus paid suggestion makes sense, but in addition to the constant starting and ending of app price cuts there is also the issue of apps that are free with with catch of in-app purchases. It might be helpful to have a short list of free apps that are particularly easy for beginners to use when they're getting the hang of AB. I'm still a beginner and I'm still learning.

• Wonder if it could pull the price straight from App Store which would solve the price changing issue

• edited October 2013

Grab the free apps...Appshopper or Appzapp. You can manually set up a wish list of Audiobus compatible apps you're interested in within those apps I mentioned and they will send you a notification when your wishlisted apps have a price drop.

• That sentence needed a comma....some,where! :)

• I use to use AppShopper but deleted once to clear space because it would build up cache space with no way to clear it, went to reinstall it and realized the app had gotten pulled by Apple, checked their site and it said they'd have a new version soon. I kept checking the AppStore but to this day they don't have one except for an iPhone Only app called AppShopper Social...that's when I converted to AppZapp

• You might still have appshopper iPA backed up somewhere that you could install via ifunbox?

• Probably somewhere but I still find it odd that they haven't released a new app, another thought is wonder how it would run on iOS 7, what OS you have?

• Hi.
    Appshopper is out of Appstore, but you can still use it on PC. I use it both iPad and laptop.

• There was a thread a hundred years ago about improving the apps page and lots of people requested pricing/summary info directly on the page instead of needing to open the App Store over and over again. It's totally possible to get that stuff in real time via the App Store API (so no need to keep track of pricing changes manually) but we keep those dudes busy enough with AB requests!

And welcome to the forum Caleb.

• I forgot to say that if you create an account on AppsShopper and add any app to a "Wish list", you can receive discount alerts by email.