Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Updated Comprehensive SoundFont for bs-16i

Just letting bs-16i users know that I have just updated the free SoundFont on my site that it is now compatible with the latest edition of bs-16i. It includes a 15-velocity-layered piano and a full suite of very usable sounds. The SoundFont will now load without problems to an iPad Air2 or iPhone 6s without exceeding the Ram limits of bs-16i.
Look for the first SoundFont listed called Nice-Keys-Suite-V1.0
https://sites.google.com/site/soundfonts4u/
Enjoy.

Comments

• Any ideas how to delete the download off my iPad afterwards?

Downloaded, but as it opened BS16i to load it up, the app crashed to background. Reopening the app showed that there was no new sounds available in any folders. In the mean time, my available storage has dipped by twice the amount of the download. Deleting BS16 gets half that back, but I am still down the rest and seemingly no way of reclaiming it?

• Thanks, man.

• Thanks @Reuben, and thanks for your work with the soundfonts on your site in general.
    I have been using it a lot over the last 2 weeks, converting some of your soundfonts into .sfz files, for usage within Lyra in Auria Pro. It took a couple of attempts to get it all right, and the folders as I wanted them etc, but without the instructions on your site, and the linking to Polyphone, it wouldn't have happened at all.

I now have lots of great soundfonts and .sfz files streaming off disk in Lyra along with all the desktop presets for Twin 2 within Auria, which means I don't have to use AU/IAA/AB nearly as much for every little thing, which of course is great. Thanks.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    Any ideas how to delete the download off my iPad afterwards?

Downloaded, but as it opened BS16i to load it up, the app crashed to background. Reopening the app showed that there was no new sounds available in any folders. In the mean time, my available storage has dipped by twice the amount of the download. Deleting BS16 gets half that back, but I am still down the rest and seemingly no way of reclaiming it?

It’s gotta be either in bs-16i or the iOS file app. Files in bs-16i can be deleted under Wavetables, edit, delete. If it’s in the file app of iOS 11 you should be able to delete it also.

• @Reuben said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    Any ideas how to delete the download off my iPad afterwards?

It’s gotta be either in bs-16i or the iOS file app. Files in bs-16i can be deleted under Wavetables, edit, delete. If it’s in the file app of iOS 11 you should be able to delete it also.

Thanks for the reply. Had this before downloading via Safari. The file was not showing in the Files app or in BS16i. Downloads this way used to work for me and I’m aware of where to look for them, but they don’t show up anymore.

Deleted and reloading now. BS16i and any downloads via Safari are off the table until I know what the problem is. Thanks for replying though :)

• Wow. bs-16 has become such a problem now. Downloaded this and it worked fine, but was getting weird distortions on every sound I loaded. Rebooted my iPad and now this soundfont won’t load. Says there’s not enough free memory after a hard reboot. How in the world is this possible? Lots of stability issues with this one.

• Thanks for the update, your work is really appreciated! Does the Nice Keys Ultimate have everything in it or do I need the other, Guitar, etc.packs as well to get everything?

• @BigDawgsByte said:
    Thanks for the update, your work is really appreciated! Does the Nice Keys Ultimate have everything in it or do I need the other, Guitar, etc.packs as well to get everything?

You have everything except Basses, Drums, Choir and the nice harp of the Nice-Strings-PlusOrchestra soundfont.
    The General Midi soundFont is of course different as well but as a sound module the Nice-Keys-Ultimate covers just about everything but it does push the technology to the limit. For iPad Air2 or iPhone 6s go for the Nice-Keys-Suite which is just a bit smaller. For anyone having problems with the largest soundfonts its best to choose individual soundfonts (piano, guitar etc.) and load them as needed. They only take a few seconds to load anyway.

• edited November 2017

@DCJ said:
    Wow. bs-16 has become such a problem now. Downloaded this and it worked fine, but was getting weird distortions on every sound I loaded. Rebooted my iPad and now this soundfont won’t load. Says there’s not enough free memory after a hard reboot. How in the world is this possible? Lots of stability issues with this one.

The latest version of bs-16i seems to be more fussy about soundfont size - hoping for a further update to fix this.
    On my iPad Air 2 1gb seems to be the maximum allowable. I can load the 1.15gb but need to exit bs-16i in order for it to be recognized. The under 1gb soundfonts have not been a problem for me but I tend not to have anything else running at the same time.

• Update hit the store.

• Sadly still the same issue after this update.

• Great piano! Thanks very much for this!! I only use this (max quality one) and the Ravenscroft 90210 ;)