Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Psychedelic iOS drum and bass

My first attempt at drum and bass, so please be gentle on the comments lol

I used Zeeon, Kauldron and Lorentz cause I love those synths and assembled in GarageBand. The beats are programmed with much joy with GBs amazing beat sequencer.

It’s part of a longer and more tightly arranged work in progress.

I’m happy with this new direction:)

GB is quite fun to use and more open than gadget

If you have made drum and bass on iOS, please link me as I’d love to hear it

Comments

• I liked it it. Drums could do with more beef, and maybe a few more dramatic breakdowns but overall very tidy...

• @JangoMango said:
    I liked it it. Drums could do with more beef, and maybe a few more dramatic breakdowns but overall very tidy...

Thank you.. yes I’m gonna compress the drums up more and breakdowns are in the works, although I tend to lean towards the more minimal and progressive styles that are less shock orientated and more meditative

Cheers

• Love it... With Jango's suggestions, it will be even better! CHeers, bro

• That was freaking great!

Funny, this morning I made this little video to try and help some folks with Rozeta running iSpark. After I posted the video, I began to play around just a little. Now mind you I am new and unskilled but I love doing what I do. So I hit the random button in Rozeta’s ( it takes two to run iSpark ) a few times, I added a Rozeta Baseline feeding into Moebius Lab as a synth ( Which is awsome by the way ) and again hit the random button in Baseline a few times and this came out. No added effects or editing, just what happened.

• @senhorlampada said:
    Love it... With Jango's suggestions, it will be even better! CHeers, bro

Thanks !

• @JudgeDredd said:
    That was freaking great!

Funny, this morning I made this little video to try and help some folks with Rozeta running iSpark. After I posted the video, I began to play around just a little. Now mind you I am new and unskilled but I love doing what I do. So I hit the random button in Rozeta’s ( it takes two to run iSpark ) a few times, I added a Rozeta Baseline feeding into Moebius Lab as a synth ( Which is awsome by the way ) and again hit the random button in Baseline a few times and this came out. No added effects or editing, just what happened.

Cool! And thanks:)

• Would suggest, layering drums, with a phat bass guitar, with the tail cut off real short... also, sample some Zeeon sounds then reverse them in the background...

• Sweet. Nice, nice, nice! Would not have guessed GB could let one do drums like that. Keep going, and take even further and longer. Thanks for sharing. :smile:

• @JangoMango said:
    Would suggest, layering drums, with a phat bass guitar, with the tail cut off real short... also, sample some Zeeon sounds then reverse them in the background...

Reverse with GB??

Thanks

• @haulin_notes said:
    Sweet. Nice, nice, nice! Would not have guessed GB could let one do drums like that. Keep going, and take even further and longer. Thanks for sharing. :smile:

The beat sequencer in GB is amazing...

• Nice....first time I’ve heard something like this coming out of GB. Future is bright!

• @realdavidai said:
    Nice....first time I’ve heard something like this coming out of GB. Future is bright!

GB is AUV3 friendly and has an amazing beat sequencer with crisp one shots

It’s easy

• Good job! Not a style of music that I follow, but I think this sounds pretty good. And I agree with others, maybe just beef up the drums a bit mo'.

GarageBand isn't limited by music style, that's for sure.

• @TozBourne said:
    Good job! Not a style of music that I follow, but I think this sounds pretty good. And I agree with others, maybe just beef up the drums a bit mo'.

GarageBand isn't limited by music style, that's for sure.

Thanks

Yes, GB is very versatile and easy to use

• @Love3quency said:

@JangoMango said:
    Would suggest, layering drums, with a phat bass guitar, with the tail cut off real short... also, sample some Zeeon sounds then reverse them in the background...

Reverse with GB??

You can 'merge' a track to create audio from a midi-section in GB.
    (The old session will be saved and the midi clip will be replaced with rendered audio).

Another way is to mute all the other tracks, and export as audio and then import the audio back into the session.
    Once you have imported the audio the clip can be reversed (tap on the clip, and under settings you'll find 'reverse').

• @Samu said:

@Love3quency said:

@JangoMango said:

Reverse with GB??

You can 'merge' a track to create audio from a midi-section in GB.
    (The old session will be saved and the midi clip will be replaced with rendered audio).

Another way is to mute all the other tracks, and export as audio and then import the audio back into the session.
    Once you have imported the audio the clip can be reversed (tap on the clip, and under settings you'll find 'reverse').

I knew about merge but not about the reverse settings under the hood!

Many thanks

• Wow this is brilliant!!!
    Love it. To me it sounds like quality stuff!
    Would you mind sharing your drum patterns with the community? I wonder how you programmed this drum track!
    Keep em coming!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @david_2017 said:
    Wow this is brilliant!!!
    Would you mind sharing your drum patterns with the community? I wonder how you programmed this drum track!
    Keep em coming!

There are many tutorials on how to sequence dnb drum patterns but the main thing is to ensure the kick and snare balance each other out and that the hats are rolling in tandem

The screenshot shows a basic “jump up” dnb beat as a template, just experiment with it and add, subtract as u go along

Then save each variation within the gb beat sequencer and mix in and out of each :)

• Ps- bpm should be between 164-178

• @d4d0ug said:
    Nice work!

Thanks!

• @Love3quency said:

@david_2017 said:
    Wow this is brilliant!!!
    Keep em coming!

There are many tutorials on how to sequence dnb drum patterns but the main thing is to ensure the kick and snare balance each other out and that the hats are rolling in tandem

The screenshot shows a basic “jump up” dnb beat as a template, just experiment with it and add, subtract as u go along

Then save each variation within the gb beat sequencer and mix in and out of each :)

Thanks for catching me up where. Yeah I don’t know how many tutorials and articles I already read about this topic, but at the hats they are all unclear... what do you mean in specific with hats rolling in tandems? Thanks again, mate!

• @david_2017 said:

@Love3quency said:

@david_2017 said:
    Wow this is brilliant!!!
    Keep em coming!

Thanks for catching me up where. Yeah I don’t know how many tutorials and articles I already read about this topic, but at the hats they are all unclear... what do you mean in specific with hats rolling in tandems? Thanks again, mate!

Just experiment until you get the hats pattern sounding like they belong with the kick and the snare lol

If you like dnb then you’ll know what sounds proper when u hear it mate!

I have a specific method of doing beats that’s kind of a secret, so I can’t share too much lol

To develop ones own style it’s best not to mimic what has been done before

Can u link me to any of your music?

• Hey, I wrote you a message with the private massage feature here. Hope you get this? If not let me know, we find a way (Don’t have a YouTube Channel or so atm).

• @Love3quency The track has some bass but not really a bassline which is an important part of dnb.
    Id try to put something more defined in the lower frequencies.

• Really great rhythms in there! I would second the idea of a deeper bass line too even if it is not all the way through.

• @david_2017 said:
    Hey, I wrote you a message with the private massage feature here. Hope you get this? If not let me know, we find a way (Don’t have a YouTube Channel or so atm).

Thanks

I’m afraid I don’t do pm messages lol

Please keep communication on here

• @1nsomniak said:
    @Love3quency The track has some bass but not really a bassline which is an important part of dnb.
    Id try to put something more defined in the lower frequencies.

Sub bass was added to the full version courtesy of the mighty Moog model 15 :)

• @AlterEgo_UK said:
    Really great rhythms in there! I would second the idea of a deeper bass line too even if it is not all the way through.

Thanks!

• Lovely, nice drums sequence, almost trippy, trance and bass feel!