Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Blocs Wave or ReSlice?

2»

Comments

• AudioBusWrong. Join us at the elite of mistakes.

• @VirSyn said:

...and you can’t export the slices. ...

Just a remark: This is possible - tap on the share button then you can select either single slices or all slices for export.

@VirSyn. Thanks for getting in on the conversation.
    So in summary it sounds like I can import a piece from AudioShare>relocate and fine tune slice points>then export/open in, individual slices in say Samplebot, Loopy, Group the Loop. Correct?

• Do any of these slicers reloop with crossfade?

• @Ben said:

@VirSyn said:

Just a remark: This is possible - tap on the share button then you can select either single slices or all slices for export.

So in summary it sounds like I can import a piece from AudioShare>relocate and fine tune slice points>then export/open in, individual slices in say Samplebot, Loopy, Group the Loop. Correct?

If not that you can surely export to audioshare as sliced pieces that you can then import individually. Don't have access to my iPad right now otherwise would have tested it myself.

• @Ben said:

@VirSyn said:

Why would you want to though?
    You can play the individual slices in ReSlice

• @Ben said:

@VirSyn said:

Yes, that's exactly how you can use ReSlice in this workflow.

• @VirSyn said:

@Ben said:

@VirSyn said:

Thanks for the response. Bought ReSlice yesterday and it performs exactly as I hoped.
    Perfect for what I’m trying to do. Love your apps. Keep them coming.

• @Ben said:

@VirSyn said:

@Ben said:

@VirSyn said:

Thanks for the response. Bought ReSlice yesterday and it performs exactly as I hoped.
    Perfect for what I’m trying to do. Love your apps. Keep them coming.

Would love to hear the final product or see the process!

• BenBen
    edited November 2017

@ExAsperis99. What’s a final product

• Couldn’t edit last post for some reason. ReSlice only supports WAV files. So I can’t import anything I’ve downloaded from YouTube. That’s a drag for me.

• Just want to hear how you used reslice in a track.

• Every time I open Reslice I promise myself I'll make a song in nothing else, but then I get distracted by fun. And then I don't open in for a month and then I've forgotten what the hell I'm doing....usual thing :) @ExAsperis99 / @all can you remind me how the hell I zoom in on the wave form/sample?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Every time I open Reslice I promise myself I'll make a song in nothing else, but then I get distracted by fun. And then I don't open in for a month and then I've forgotten what the hell I'm doing....usual thing :) @ExAsperis99 / @all can you remind me how the hell I zoom in on the wave form/sample?

You long press on the slice handles at the top of each slice <|>. Click zoom out button that appears top right to get back.
    Also, long press on the parameters across the bottom (slices/pitch/level, etc.) for more options and randomizations.

• @gusgranite said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Every time I open Reslice I promise myself I'll make a song in nothing else, but then I get distracted by fun. And then I don't open in for a month and then I've forgotten what the hell I'm doing....usual thing :) @ExAsperis99 / @all can you remind me how the hell I zoom in on the wave form/sample?

You long press on the slice handles at the top of each slice <|>. Click zoom out button that appears top right to get back.
    Also, long press on the parameters across the bottom (slices/pitch/level, etc.) for more options and randomizations.

A thousand thank yous Effendi.....may all your burros be full of spirit and your camels be good-natured...

• @Ben said:
    Couldn’t edit last post for some reason. ReSlice only supports WAV files. So I can’t import anything I’ve downloaded from YouTube. That’s a drag for me.

There is only one additional step you need to solve this problem too: before importing from AudioShare just convert
    it there to wav and you're set.

• @VirSyn. Brilliant. Thanks for all the help with this. I’m up and running now but I have a feeling there will be more questions.
    @ExAsperis99. Sorry man, wasn’t trying to be snarky. Can’t post emojis for some reason or I would have left a smiley one. What I meant was I rarely finish anything. It’s just fun getting there.
    You need to try ReSlice though. Pretty welcome UI and fairly easy to navigate around in.
    With help from the dev of course.

• @Ben said:
    @VirSyn. Brilliant. Thanks for all the help with this. I’m up and running now but I have a feeling there will be more questions.
    @ExAsperis99. Sorry man, wasn’t trying to be snarky. Can’t post emojis for some reason or I would have left a smiley one. What I meant was I rarely finish anything. It’s just fun getting there.
    You need to try ReSlice though. Pretty welcome UI and fairly easy to navigate around in.
    With help from the dev of course.

Ha! Yes, that was what I thought you meant, but I always go for snark and leave people baffled. Although I would like to see a power ReSlice user in action. I dig the arp, but i’m always confused by the keyboard. My slices are always pitched oddly.