Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: Observations

12021222426

Comments

  • Sadly I found Homegrown to be a disappointment. And I say this as the treasurer of the East Kent Neil Young Appreciation Society.

  • @richardyot said:
    Sadly I found Homegrown to be a disappointment. And I say this as the treasurer of the East Kent Neil Young Appreciation Society.

    Fuck. I was out exhausting the dog earlier and listened to Harvest just as a warm up. Ah well....

  • Harvest is on the "one true thing" list, to be sure. I was also disappointed by homegrown.

  • After The Goldrush, Harvest, On The Beach, Tonight’s The Night, Zuma, Comes A Time, Rust Never Sleeps. Live Rust.

    Has anyone ever produced such a flawless string of albums as Neil Young did in the 1970s? Every single one of the albums in that list is amazing. On The Beach is my particular favourite.

    I can forgive him the aberration that is Homegrown. The other unreleased album (Hitchiker) that came out a year or two ago was also not quite up to par, when compared to those amazing 70s albums.

  • @richardyot said:
    After The Goldrush, Harvest, On The Beach, Tonight’s The Night, Zuma, Comes A Time, Rust Never Sleeps. Live Rust.

    Has anyone ever produced such a flawless string of albums as Neil Young did in the 1970s? Every single one of the albums in that list is amazing. On The Beach is my particular favourite.

    I can forgive him the aberration that is Homegrown. The other unreleased album (Hitchiker) that came out a year or two ago was also not quite up to par, when compared to those amazing 70s albums.

    All the bush-league batters, are left to die on the diamond...

  • In the stands, the home crowd scatters...

  • I am guessing I'm late to this particualr Nick Cave party, but a very interesting blog/occasional collection:

    https://www.theredhandfiles.com/

  • @richardyot said:
    In the stands, the home crowd scatters...

    I’ve always wondered if his sportswriter dad inspired this in some way.

  • @JeffChasteen said:

    @richardyot said:
    In the stands, the home crowd scatters...

    I’ve always wondered if his sportswriter dad inspired this in some way.

    Born in '45, would have listened to endless broadcasts on the radio, no doubt....played that game with dice and pencil/paper :) I was just thinking about turnstiles. I imagine being a Regional Sales Manager for them is a slower line of work these days...

  • May have mentioned him before. Interesting dude.

  • A sweet and tender story for these terrible times:
    https://apple.news/AY_eNiScUSrq2W_l7dQzpTA

  • edited August 8

    Walking notes listening this morning:

    1. While I will always remain loyal to the original, The Beautiful South's version of Don't Fear The Reaper does introduce an entirely unexpected bossa/flouncy little beat to the old thing. If you're going to copy you must reinvent.

    2. Nick Cave is this moment's Leonard Cohen.

    3. Vampire Weekend are an utter hole for me. I listened to something by them I can't tell you the title of. Upbeat, decent lyrics. Suggests that their very best work might be very good, unless this was that in which case B-.

    4. Heard Hitch Hikin' for the first time by Bruce Springsteen. Good to listen to something by a Big Person you've never heard before and know nothing about. If he (unknown) submitted it to @richardyot and SOTMC I think we would mostly say: Laudable effort there new guy, possibilities, needs chorus, or some other development, some conclusion or fruition, keep working, don't lose heart, welcome to the club....

  • The BS Asymmetry Principle
    Also known as Brandolini's Law, this is the simple observation that it's far easier to produce and spread BS, misinformation and nonsense than it is to refute it.

    In fact, the iSchool at University of Washington launched a course on Calling Bullshit with the first class being booked up within one-minute of registration. The professors, Carl Bergstrom and Jevin West have since written a book: Calling Bullshit: The Art of Skepticism in a Data-Driven World.

    Phil Williamson in Nature also wrote a nice article emphasizing that we should take the time and effort to correct misinformation where we can. In it, he proposed the idea that "The global scientific community could...set up its own, moderated, rating system for websites that claim to report on science. We could call it the Scientific Honesty and Integrity Tracker, and give online nonsense the SHAIT rating it deserves."

    https://www.sketchplanations.com/

  • I wish I could listen to In The Air Tonight for the first time again!

  • I wish I had never heard it in the first place...

  • Me too Richard...although

    Another Day In Hell and Su-Suicide were two suggestions I threw into the hat for the name of a Phil Collins tribute band I auditioned for back in the day. I’m not a fan but the sole purpose of getting the gig was to play the drum fill in In The Air Tonight. It guarantees the drummer A Groovy Kind Of Love post concert. Easy Lover, Don’t Lose My Number, Take Me Home. She did. Hang In Long Enough, You Can’t Hurry Love. Yes I can, your burly husband is on his way up the stairs. He won’t listen to Both Sides Of The Story. Hello, I Must Be Going. Why Can’t It Wait ‘Til Morning. Damn, I Missed Again.

    ...But Seriously, United rode their luck last night. It Don’t Matter To Me, but I’d prefer it if United won the EL. I Cannot Believe It’s True. That’s Just The Way It Is.

    Phillip should have stuck to the sticks. Maybe Taylor should as well. Apologies to any Chesney Hawkins fans out there, but I cannot stop cringing at the poses he pulls in his vid. Go Taylor:

    :)

  • Blue girls come in every size
    Some are wise and some otherwise

    You are a very naughty boy Mister @Bluepunk and I have little doubt that on some deeply buried sub-reddit #PhilFans are even now planning their revenge etc.

    As for United, an odd game. I can't get past the idea that they're somewhere between nervous and knackered. I sense Inter in the Final and Rom knocks in a deuce.

  • @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Blue girls come in every size
    Some are wise and some otherwise

    >

    One of my favourite albums/tracks that. Don’t like his politics, but I like his voice.

  • edited August 11

    @MonzoPro said:

    @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Blue girls come in every size
    Some are wise and some otherwise

    >

    One of my favourite albums/tracks that. Don’t like his politics, but I like his voice.

    Interesting example of the depth one reads or sees in music and the simplicity in someone's daily mind. I read his (no doubt ghosted) autobiography and he's all somewhat-regretful-cheeky-chappie. Political consciousness of a melon.

  • @JohnnyGoodyear said:

    @MonzoPro said:

    @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Blue girls come in every size
    Some are wise and some otherwise

    >

    One of my favourite albums/tracks that. Don’t like his politics, but I like his voice.

    Interesting example of the depth one reads or sees in music and the simplicity in someone's daily mind. I read his (no doubt ghosted) autobiography and he's all somewhat-regretful-cheeky-chappie. Political consciousness of a melon.

    They’re all a bit weird in that band, must be the public school thing. Banks comes across as particularly cold.

    Trick of the Tail though - just flipping gorgeous. I listen to that one a lot. That autumnal English vibe...

  • @MonzoPro said:

    They’re all a bit weird in that band, must be the public school thing. Banks comes across as particularly cold.

    Trick of the Tail though - just flipping gorgeous. I listen to that one a lot. That autumnal English vibe...

    We're all weird mate....for about a hundred years I thought it started:

    Schoolgirls come in every size...

    Which, to be fair, still makes more sense to me...

  • Nah, there are too many Poundshop Jim Morrison’s around these days, in the Cult of Me.

    I like the gentle, unassuming people, who don’t spend half their lives taking bloody selfies and telling the World that it’s ‘my time now’.

  • @MonzoPro said:

    Nah, there are too many Poundshop Jim Morrison’s around these days, in the Cult of Me.

    I like the gentle, unassuming people, who don’t spend half their lives taking bloody selfies and telling the World that it’s ‘my time now’.

    I think Sophie walked her talk.

Sign In or Register to comment.