OT: Observations

167891012»

Comments

  • Well, money ruins everything in this regard, @MonzoPro. The next opportunity for humans to get it right with regards to elevating the poets and painters is when AI and robots take over most of the work and leave humans with more free time. But it's gonna get ugly in terms of who gets the money in that future world so all bets are off.

  • @lukesleepwalker said:
    Well, money ruins everything in this regard, @MonzoPro. The next opportunity for humans to get it right with regards to elevating the poets and painters is when AI and robots take over most of the work and leave humans with more free time. But it's gonna get ugly in terms of who gets the money in that future world so all bets are off.

    Money's not the problem, it's greed. Greed has screwed everything up - the 1% just keep on clawing in more and more of the pie for themselves.

    I think the automated robot future is a way off - for the UK anyway. At the moment the government are putting in plans for martial law in preparation for a no-deal Brexit, when the food all runs out. Forget robot servants, we'll gaze upon bananas as a wonderfully exotic luxury.

  • @MonzoPro said:
    Money's not the problem, it's greed.

    Is it the two combined ? If Love were the commodity, would greed still be an issue ?

    Damn...too philosophical..better get some food :D

  • @AndyPlankton said:

    @MonzoPro said:
    Money's not the problem, it's greed.

    Is it the two combined ? If Love were the commodity, would greed still be an issue ?

    Damn...too philosophical..better get some food :D

    Suggest bananas while going still good etc. :)

  • @JohnnyGoodyear said:

    @AndyPlankton said:

    @MonzoPro said:
    Money's not the problem, it's greed.

    Is it the two combined ? If Love were the commodity, would greed still be an issue ?

    Damn...too philosophical..better get some food :D

    Suggest bananas while going still good etc. :)

    I think we'll be good for bananas....not many EU countries producing those :D

  • Pet Shop Boys / Give stupidity a chance

  • Pet Shop Boys / On social media

  • I'm not saying it's the answer (at all) it's the New York Times for gawdsake, BUT some interesting things here to consider on a rainy morning and I like how they tie in the soundbytes as you scroll:

    https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/03/07/magazine/top-songs.html#

  • edited 2:30AM

    Am reading Things The Grandchildren Should Know by Mark Oliver Everett.

    I've been reading it for about twenty minutes so far and I'm going to really like it. It has that American Faux Simple voice and he has a story to tell.

    People have tilted their heads at me over the years and said there was something about stuff I've sometimes done that reminds them of Eels. I have avoided listening to them for this reason, but now I'm thinking that maybe I should.

    If you have a suggestion as to a favorite tune or two, I'd be happy to hear about them.

Sign In or Register to comment.