Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis Q’s?

Hello good people. Ok, I’m slowly getting through my first track in Cubasis and it’s almost familiar waters but there’s a few things that I’m a bit stuck with. Hopefully there’s ways to deal with these things. Or maybe it’s the limitations of the app.

Cubasis Q’s. Here goes

Is it possible to duplicate an entire region? For example duplicating a 16bar loop between left and right locators with multiple tracks over a few times and creating extra regions in the process?

Is it possible to copy multiple parts (audio and midi) from multiple tracks than paste them on their same tracks? Everything pastes on different tracks, or Cubasis creates new tracks and pastes things there??? Regardless of where I copy and paste from. Weird.

Can you merge audio? I’m programming my beats in audio one hit at a time. For example a 4/4 kick pattern and 16/4 perc patterns etc... It would be rad to be able to glue these parts together somehow. Or is this just a MIDI function?

Is it possible to select all the notes on one key in the piano roll?

Thanks in advance xx

Comments

• Hi Tyron, -Q1_yes.. use select tool ( square box ) on the tool bar across the top. Touch arrangement area and hold for 1-2sec before dragging to select. When you paste, make sure the right track is selected/highlighted and the play locator is at the point you want it pasted.

Q2_yes.. same as above.

Q3_no ( or not as far as I'm aware ) Alternitive_ use a drum machine app like DM1, SeekBeats etc.. they will sync from cubasis' midi clock and you can record audio via Audiobus- or iaa.

Q4_yes.. use same select tool but within your midi block/part..

NOTE_ there is a glitch with the copy/paste - if you select tracks 1-2-3-4 and say there's nothing on trk2 , when you paste (make sure trk1 is highlighted and cursor in position) it will bump trks 3&4 onto trks 2&3... So until there's a fix, it's probably easier to copy 1 track at a time, unless every track has a block.

• One work-around for 'Merging Audio' is to freeze the track with the individual audio-clips to create a new file and move it to a new audio-track.

• LFSLFS
    edited November 2017

@tymon said:
    Hello good people. Ok, I’m slowly getting through my first track in Cubasis and it’s almost familiar waters but there’s a few things that I’m a bit stuck with. Hopefully there’s ways to deal with these things. Or maybe it’s the limitations of the app.

Cubasis Q’s. Here goes

Is it possible to duplicate an entire region? For example duplicating a 16bar loop between left and right locators with multiple tracks over a few times and creating extra regions in the process?

Yes, use the select tool to mark parts (including overlapped ones).
    Via the glue tool you can put them together in one part. It is also fine to keep them as individual parts.
    Copy/Paste is the way to duplicate them. Please have a look at the next answer, making sure copy/paste will give you the expected results.

Is it possible to copy multiple parts (audio and midi) from multiple tracks than paste them on their same tracks? Everything pastes on different tracks, or Cubasis creates new tracks and pastes things there??? Regardless of where I copy and paste from. Weird.

Please make sure to have the first track selected in the track list before pasting copied events.
    Copy/paste should then work easily. In some situations, empty space between tracks can result in pasting events to wrong parts. As a workaround, please make sure to avoid empty spaces (e.g. by placing empty events). Issue has been added in our backlog.

Can you merge audio? I’m programming my beats in audio one hit at a time. For example a 4/4 kick pattern and 16/4 perc patterns etc... It would be rad to be able to glue these parts together somehow. Or is this just a MIDI function?

While we do not offer the option to glue audio files directly, Track Freeze or mixdown should easily get you there.

Is it possible to select all the notes on one key in the piano roll?

Yes, please perform a double tap in an empty area to select all notes at once. Single tap deselects them.

Hope that helps!

Lars

• Hey guys! Thank you for the replies.

I don’t think I was very clear with the 1st question. I meant something like duplicating everything between the locators AND duplicating the time, too. Just a quicker way of doing question 2. In Ableton it’s: Ctrl+Shift+D to duplicate everything selected AND the time in between. I cant remember what it was in Cubase but I remember doing Ctrl+Shift+E and inserting silence than just duplicating everything.

With question 2: I have some tracks with empty sections in between tracks with audio/midi and things are pasting over on the wrong tracks. I’ve been trying everything I can think of but I’m ending up going track by track and copy+pasting and it’s taking a while.

Question 3: that would work but the tracks have some effects on them and automation and I’m still nowhere near mixing down stage. But definitely gonnna have to start freezing stuff soon as the cpu is starting to spike.

Question 4: Yep! Got the double tap to select ALL but I’m trying to quickly select just one note in the midi section and edit move that around.

Thanks again for the replies and sorry if I was a bit vague with the 1st post.

• @tymon said:
    Question 4: Yep! Got the double tap to select ALL but I’m trying to quickly select just one note in the midi section and edit move that around.

Cubasis' MIDI editor has been refreshed for maximum usability a few versions ago. Here is a great tutorial explaining how to use it best:

Best,
    Lars

• Thanks @LFS that video helped. I guess I’ll try work around the other th8ngs i mentioned previously. The pasting on random tracks is quite frustrating. Cubasis has a mind of its own with this one haha. But thank you very much for getting back to me.