Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT - AIR Music Technology Hybrid 3 Synth available for $1

I really like this synth. Any of you who make trance music will love it, but it's good for all kinds of music. It's a combination of two three oscillator synths. In addition to the usual analog-style waveforms, it has 100 wavetables.

It comes with 1200 presets but there are also three expansion packs that are available for free at Plugin Boutique.

The other 8 are on sale for $1 each.
https://www.pluginboutique.com/meta_product/1-Instruments/4-Synth/2503-Hybrid-3-Expansions

Here's more information on Hybrid 3
http://www.airmusictech.com/product/hybrid-3#.WhYccUpKthE

Comments

• @Reid said:

I really like this synth. Any of you who make trance music will love it, but it's good for all kinds of music. It's a combination of two three oscillator synths. In addition to the usual analog-style waveforms, it has 100 wavetables.

It comes with 1200 presets but there are also three expansion packs that are available for free at Plugin Boutique.

The other 8 are on sale for $1 each.
    https://www.pluginboutique.com/meta_product/1-Instruments/4-Synth/2503-Hybrid-3-Expansions

Here's more information on Hybrid 3
    http://www.airmusictech.com/product/hybrid-3#.WhYccUpKthE

Great tip, thanks (their stuff is very nice)

• I thought I scored a great deal last year getting all the AIR synths for $60, but, after a year, this one is the one I use the most.

Also, if you're one of the few who don't have AIR's XPAND!2, it's currently available for free at
    http://store.dontcrack.com/product_info.php?products_id=2954

This often sold for a dollar (or even more) so this is another good deal. :)

• It’s getting so iOS synths are expensive .... >:)

• So, I bought this today, and I am COMPLETELY a noob when it comes to making music on the Mac.

I installed it following the instructions, but GarageBand on the Mac doesn’t seem to find it, so when I try to use it as an AU, it’s nowhere to be found.

We just bought a new iMac, and it’s running the latest OS.

Am I just an idiot?

• I’ll check that out on the morning. Thanks!

This is literally the first plug-in that I’ve ever downloaded, so I was thinking I probably did something wrong. However, I’m not even getting that error message. When I go to the “AUInstruments” submenu, all GarageBand shows is the Apple stuff. So, not sure if this is the exact same issue, but I’ll keep digging.

• edited November 2017

Yes, I can confirm its AU plugin isn't working, not just in Garageband but in every DAW I have. VST works fine

• @yug said:
    Yes, I can confirm its AU plugin isn't working, not just in Garageband but in every DAW I have. VST works fine

Pay no attention to this man. It just works. :wink:

• @telecharge said:

@yug said:

Pay no attention to this man. It just works. :wink:

Don't wanna install any patches, I just don't trust them. I'm gonna wait for a fix from the developer :)

How come their Xpand2 does not have the same problem?

• @yug said:
    How come their Xpand2 does not have the same problem?

Dunno. It comes with Pro Tools, so maybe better it's coded better.

• I'm still on Sierra not High and it works so far but I've only tried it in Hosting AU, a free Micro DAW, which is very cool and worth checking out. It might work on High Sierra too.To save HD space I only use the AU versions of any plugin.

http://ju-x.com/hostingau.html

• I really don't think I'm doing this correctly. I downloaded a free plug-in today, Crystal Synth, installed everything (seemed to go smoothly?), and when I select AUInstruments in Garageband, all I see is "Apple".

Any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong? Again, I am brand new to this, so I appreciate any assistance.

• @Seangarland said:
    I really don't think I'm doing this correctly. I downloaded a free plug-in today, Crystal Synth, installed everything (seemed to go smoothly?), and when I select AUInstruments in Garageband, all I see is "Apple".

Any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong? Again, I am brand new to this, so I appreciate any assistance.

Have you checked the AU plugin locations ~/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components, /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components, etc to see if they are installed. If so they may have failed verification.

• Those folders are empty. Any thoughts on why they may have "failed verification"? Both of the installs were "completed". Is there some action I need to take after installing to get them into these folders? Is there a default security preference that might prevent third-party plug-ins?

• edited November 2017

Download Hosting AU, its free, and see if they show up there, if so then Apple has changed something which has caused GB to not show 3rd party AUs. If so I'm staying on Sierra.

http://ju-x.com/hostingau.html

• If they're not in those locations then they won't be checked for verification, so they haven't probably failed, I'm a little puzzled why they're not in those locations, they're default third party AU locations. Did you get any security warnings when installing them.

• Sometimes you need iLok (& set up an account with iLok) to unlock & activare certain software. I had to with Hybrid 3(but I'm using Windows PC. I think you still have to with an Apple PC?). I bought Hybrid 3 from Electronic Boutique. When you buy from them they explain in great detail how to download & activate the software for both PC's.
    Hope this helps?

• @studs1966 said:
    Sometimes you need iLok (& set up an account with iLok) to unlock & activare certain software. I had to with Hybrid 3(but I'm using Windows PC. I think you still have to with an Apple PC?). I bought Hybrid 3 from Electronic Boutique. When you buy from them they explain in great detail how to download & activate the software for both PC's.
    Hope this helps?

Yes correct for Hybrid, iLok is needed.

• @studs1966 said:
    Sometimes you need iLok (& set up an account with iLok) to unlock & activare certain software. I had to with Hybrid 3(but I'm using Windows PC. I think you still have to with an Apple PC?). I bought Hybrid 3 from Electronic Boutique. When you buy from them they explain in great detail how to download & activate the software for both PC's.
    Hope this helps?

Yeah, I went through all of the steps, including iLok activation. I really just don't know what I'm doing wrong. I might just delete and reinstall Garageband at this point.

• Instead of the components location have you checked the VST folder same location as above but /VST instead of /Components.

• @knewspeak said:
    Instead of the components location have you checked the VST folder same location as above but /VST instead of /Components.

Totally empty as well. The folders "Components", "Digidesign", and "VST" are all empty.

I don't think that this is an iLok issue, as I went through all of those steps, and the 2nd AU plug-in I'm trying to use does not use iLok.

I'm chalking this up to user error, as I'm guessing this is just something on my end.

• Are you looking in the user Library or the system library on the Mac HD?

• edited November 2017

@yowza said:
    Are you looking in the user Library or the system library on the Mac HD?

So, total Mac noob here. The answer is "I don't know". Still trying to figure this damn machine out. This is why I appreciate the ease of use with the iPad!

I'm opening "Finder", holding down "Option" key, and selecting "Library" in the Go menu.

• @Seangarland said:

@knewspeak said:
    Instead of the components location have you checked the VST folder same location as above but /VST instead of /Components.

Totally empty as well. The folders "Components", "Digidesign", and "VST" are all empty.

I don't think that this is an iLok issue, as I went through all of those steps, and the 2nd AU plug-in I'm trying to use does not use iLok.

I'm chalking this up to user error, as I'm guessing this is just something on my end.

I don't think they're installing because they should be in those locations, you could search using finder for the .component files to track them down, if they're in another location.

• edited November 2017

The System library is inside the HD and the user library is hidden inside the User folder. I think you have to hold down the option key to see it.
    I would try to find a free AU online somewhere, there are plenty out there, and drop the component directly into the Components folder and see if it shows up. You will have to quit GB and relaunch for the AU to show up.

• I'm not an Apple user but I've found this artiacle about Garageband AU problems.

https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/my-newly-installed-plug-in-isnt-showing-up-in-garageband/

• I meant an Apple Mac user.....