Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• it’s a beast!

• It’s wonderful. Just don’t pick up my new glasses until the weekend and the text in tiny lol

• Don’t get me wrong I’m not complaining, I love it as an AU

• Ooh, a TERA SYNTH update as AU. ineteresting!

I wonder if they fixed the 2yr old midi issues in the Standalone version too?

• edited November 2017

No Bluetooth midi connection in Standalone?

EDIT: It appears that TERA does not list connected devices and I had to connect directly via midi first, for the Bluetooth device to then work after.

This used to be one of my faves and has a massive sound.

• Can't access presets while hosted in BM3 and Aum.. anyone else?

• 9.99$. Is that the sale price?

• @bounce said:
    Can't access presets while hosted in BM3 and Aum.. anyone else?

Open the standalone first and then the AU should work ok

• Can’t seem to make any custom waves in the AU, anyone else?

• Ahh a bit like some desktop VST. Presets populated in AU now. Cheers

• If I could buy it again, I would. Virsyn didn’t have to do that. Tera synth was one of my top faves, and now it’ll resume being one of my top faves. :smiley:

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    If I could buy it again, I would. Virsyn didn’t have to do that. Tera synth was one of my top faves, and now it’ll resume being one of my top faves. :smiley:

Don't worry - I bought it again for you.

:smiley:

• Is the arp in the AU?

• @realdavidai said:
    Is the arp in the AU?

Yes :)

• Great synth B)

• Soon I will need a 'faster' iPad LOL...

• edited November 2017

a pity the ui is not scaling in AUM and remains tiny on the large iPads

edit: nor AudioBus ...

nonetheless, nice to see at as an auv3

• Great to see it as AU, maybe we'll see it take advantage of full screen one day.
    and yep I need a new ipad too...

• the iOS dock keeps launching if I hit the keys wrong, I know there was a solution for developers on here someplace but I can’t find the thread which I was going to try to send to virsyn

• Hopefully this doesn't have the bugs of Addictive Pro when used as an AUv3 plugin.

• @BiancaNeve said:
    the iOS dock keeps launching if I hit the keys wrong, I know there was a solution for developers on here someplace but I can’t find the thread which I was going to try to send to virsyn

It's in the iOS11.1 thread.
    I think the feature is called 'edge protection' or something like that.
    Both Bram and Jonathan dug into this quite fast and updated their apps with the fix...

Here's the Apple Developer page with more info...
    https://developer.apple.com/documentation/uikit/uiviewcontroller/2887512-preferredscreenedgesdeferringsys?language=objc

• edited November 2017

Surprisingly, Tera synth AUv3 works great in BM3 with no crashes when selecting more than two instances of the plugin. Great stuff. Now if Virsyn can fix the Addictive Pro AUv3 plugin to do the same.

• edited November 2017

@Artmuzz said:
    Surprisingly, Tera synth AUv3 works great in BM3 with no crashes when selecting more that two instances of the plugin. Great stuff. Now if Virsyn can fix the Addictive Pro AUv3 plugin to do,the same.

I'm just wondering about the CPU usage of Addictive Pro when used as AUv3?!

I just had one instance Addictive Pro and BS-16i driven by Rozeta X0X and the CPU was ~95-99% on my Air 2 with buffer set to 512 in AUM... This can't be right, right?!

• @Samu said:

@Artmuzz said:
    Surprisingly, Tera synth AUv3 works great in BM3 with no crashes when selecting more that two instances of the plugin. Great stuff. Now if Virsyn can fix the Addictive Pro AUv3 plugin to do,the same.

I'm just wondering about the CPU usage of Addictive Pro when used as AUv3?!

I just had one instance Addictive Pro and BS-16i driven by Rozeta X0X and the CPU was ~95-99% on my Air 2 with buffer set to 512 in AUM... This can't be right, right?!

42% at 256 on my Air2

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

42% at 256 on my Air2

Hmm... Need to dig deeper here, I do have the 64-bit floating thing activated to improve BS-16i's sound quality (it's a very noticeable improvement) and I'm triggering the drum-kit with Rozeta X0X. Without Addictive Pro that lands at around 15% CPU with 512 buffer, when I load Addictive Pro it bumps to 95%... Guess I need to do a 'hard reset' or something...

• @Samu said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

42% at 256 on my Air2

Hmm... Need to dig deeper here, I do have the 64-bit floating thing activated to improve BS-16i's sound quality (it's a very noticeable improvement) and I'm triggering the drum-kit with Rozeta X0X. Without Addictive Pro that lands at around 15% CPU with 512 buffer, when I load Addictive Pro it bumps to 95%... Guess I need to do a 'hard reset' or something...

One thing I wonder about: does AUM, AB3 or a DAW override the buffer settings in each app? Or do you have to manually set all apps to the desired buffer, 256, 512 etc. You seem to have the Know-how Samu :smile:

• @Artmuzz said:
    Surprisingly, Tera synth AUv3 works great in BM3 with no crashes when selecting more than two instances of the plugin. Great stuff. Now if Virsyn can fix the Addictive Pro AUv3 plugin to do the same.

Thanks for confirming this. Because Addictive Pro gave me the same problems.

• @Kühl said:

One thing I wonder about: does AUM, AB3 or a DAW override the buffer settings in each app? Or do you have to manually set all apps to the desired buffer, 256, 512 etc. You seem to have the Know-how Samu :smile:

As far as I know the 'first launched app' controls the buffer and the others follow.
    (So if I for example launch AUM first the buffer setting in AUM is the 'master' and it can be changed and the others will follow).