Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

LiveFx on the store now

edited January 2013 in General App Discussion

so, it's there now, as a free demo, with IAP to unlock. I am very pleased just now, rambling along with Bitwiz and LiveFX inside the bus, very very happy.
Also a great thank you! to the Audiobus developers, that made all this possible in the first place, you are my heroes!!!

Comments

• iOS6 only!

I'm in rage, I was so waiting for this app!

• edited January 2013

Yup Another I just Buy ...! I so Need to test this one with my Didgeridoo :)

And I am new to all those IOS Apps lol so much to learn ..!

• I don't geht why People still geht stuck with iOS 5 (and complain bout that).Jailbreak?
    I have a LOT of music apps,games and so on and everythings running fine on iOS 6.I don't use the map app on my iPad so i really don't care that it's messed up though.

• edited January 2013

And here's a link: https://itunes.apple.com/app/livefx-dj-effects-kit/id583335610?l=en&mt=8

... always add a link if you like developers' apps.

• edited January 2013

you can also get links from the 'apps' menu item up top. http://audiob.us/apps/ Right click on the app and copy the link to paste here.

• @Crabman
    Yes, jailbreak, which makes even iOS4 a much more powerful and secure OS than iOS6. At the speed that Apple is evolving their OS we may see something similar with, let say, iOS10...
    The sad truth is that the stock iOS is very basic and only scratch the surface of what you can do with an iDevice.

That's why:

https://mobile.twitter.com/weWantAnOpeniOS

• @Crabman maybe cause i have iPad1 which is not able to support ios6 apps? It still working fine and maybe i don't have 500-600$ for new one in this moment.

• edited January 2013

got that,but how would you use audiobus then?Just not possible on an ipad 1...

And there's no need to spend 500-600 if you go for a 2nd hand ipad 2 for example.

• Audiobus works on ipad 1 with some limitations,but it works

• I have to say this app is f@#king awesome.

I can't stop......I just can't stop.....

Loopy > Live FX > Multitrack = Awesomeness....

Stop reading and download the demo now ! I demand it !

• If you like an app, leave a nice review. Developers will love you for it.

• my favorite effects slot app yet.

• Are you kidding me??? FREE!!!?? Celllll-a-brate good times!! COME ON! lol

Is this the first free Audiobus supporting app so far?

• Jamup is free.....but Live FX is in danger of blowing up my ear drums I love the character of the sound and you can make some unique sounds with the touch pad and all the range of effects and combinations.

On top of that its addictive and fun although a bit buggy at first use.

Ps: there is a voice loop saying 'this is the free version please upgrade to remove this message'.

£5.99 for upgrade.

• Ah. Forgot JamUp had the free version. right. Awww... sneakers!

• Sebas, I did leave a nice review but I think they block the customer reviews post because of those 3 customer review the day they release it ..!

Some didn't like on the free version the voice loop restriction ..! And did BAD Review just for this ..!

LoL I didn't even ear it at First try because I upgrade it right away lolol f@#k the price of a pack of cigarettes here in Quebec lolol

AnyWay..! I love It..! and made some cool Didgeridoo FX with LiveFx ..!

• "the price of a pack of cigarettes here in Quebec"

And that's the kind of perspective that (i feel) too many people are missing when they make such heavy demands on developers who are working hard to design a fun, unique, and practical tool for musicians in a platform that is still in it's infancy.

STOP ACTING SPOILED! would be the name of my app blog. There would be zero readers.

• Really disappointing to see those negative reviews. People can get a little reckless with those sometimes imo. The free version allowed me to play with the app enough to determine that it was a worthwhile purchase for me. I bought it and have been happy with it so far. Music apps cater to a smaller market than apps like doodlejump do and they seem like they'd be harder to code than those as well. I expect to pay more than 99 cents for a quality app. This is a quality app. Considering I used to shell out north of 50 bucks for guitar pedals without having any idea if they were worthless or not, this 8.99 I paid seems more than fair.

• ...and if there's no demo,people start crying"WE WANT A DEMO"but it seems the real translation is:"WE WANT IT FOR FREE".Next the developer have to pay them money to use the apps.I liked the demo,i'll buy it.And it will get a positive review ;)

Although it crashed once with audiobus.Hope that was an exception.

Guss i'll make myself a relaxed evening and review all of my (not yet reviewed) music apps now.

• Thanks guys. Good to see reasonable opinions from users.
    It's tough for developers to make apps that 'just work' and at the same time show how much work goes into making sure of exactly that. Therefore it's tricky to convey the investment of time and work that makes an app worth a few bucks.

• yea those negative reviews are terrible. gave them 5-stars to balance the bs out. it's a great app worth the price to unlock.

• agreed. I just sat for an hour and recorded nodebeat, ipolysix, iMS-20, sound prism and magellan into loopy then just kept resampling them through liveFX. That was a lot of fun, and I learned a bunch about how best to use it. Well worth the $

• @DidgeridooGuy -I'm intrigued. be a pal and record/share your next session on soundcloud for us.

• edited January 2013

@Hmtx Oh boy I am new to this :) fast and quick try with / Drumjam /LiveFx / Samplr / Seline Ultimate...!

https://soundcloud.com/didgeridooguy

• @uglykidmoe if it isn't too much to ask can you explain your resampling process using live fx?

• edited January 2013

@hypoetical I'll do you one better. I'll make a video of it. And I'll put it right here. I did this in one run through so I'm sorry my finger is a little tap-happy. Hope everything makes sense!

• @uglykidmoe awesome! I look forward to seeing it.

• Hey there, I had heard awesome things about livefx and decided to download it to try out with audiobus. I must be doing something wrong, but for the life of me I can't find a way to make livefx work in the middle (FX) slot of audious. I've made sure my livefx levels are all at 100%, I've made sure I enable it on the audiobus tab that pops up on the side, I've tried all sorts of audibous compatible ins/outs (animoog, ipolysix, auria, audio share, loopy), but have still yet to hear livefx alter the audio coming from the input. Where am I going wrong?

Any help would be totally appreciated!

• edited January 2013

that's odd. even speaker output isnt working for you in the output slot? try creating a loop in loopy hd, play it back and mess about in live fx with speaker output as your output. that config should work 100%.

• So are you 1. hearing sound, but not efx? Or are you 2. just not getting ANY sound?

For 1. Make sure that LiveFX is NOT "on" in the audiobus tab. (i.e. the tab that shows "1, 2, 3, 4", and a power switch symbol) While this looks like a "power on" symbol, it is actually a bypass switch. So if it is switched on, you will not hear any fx applied to the audio.

Also, in the top left of the LiveFX screen, there is a microphone symbol and 1/16th note symbol. Make sure the microphone is highlighted in green. This is how it takes audio in from Audiobus.

For 2. In LiveFX, in the top corner there is a cog symbol for settings, make sure your master volume is not turn all the way down.