Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ROZETA (PARTICLES out now)

edited November 2017 in General App Discussion

After a friendly request of Mixed In Key, creators of the Odesi music composition software, I have decided to change the name Odessa into Rozeta. I believe that the name Rozeta captures the same character as the original name, without unintentionally causing confusion with another company’s intellectual property.

The name change will not affect the functionality, compatibility, scope or intended roadmap of the Rozeta suite of plugins in any way. You’ll just have to get used to a slightly different icon. If you have any questions regarding this name change, do not hesitate to contact me.

Rozeta; not just a gamechanger but also a namechanger ;)

Please help spread the word to minimize any possible confusion.. Thanks for your support!

Other changes in 1.0.1:

All plugins:

• new name, new icon
  • now support AUv3 Shortname feature
  • selecting patterns via MIDI can now be enabled/disabled consistently

Bassline:

• use the slide feature to create ties
  • fixed behavior of MIDI preference switches
  • added pattern modifiers (horizontal/vertical rotations)
  • increased octave transpose range
  • fixed diplay of incorrect number of steps

Rhythm:

• Slightly adjusted Loop Sync behavior to allow completely free-running polyrhythms
  • Allow transposing of notes

X0X:

• Slightly adjusted Loop Sync behavior to allow completely free-running polyrhythms

Arpeggio:

• Increased responsiveness when host transport is not running
  • Fixed vertical scrolling
  • Change LATCH behavior: change chords on the fly

Comments

• Speaking of icons ... is it possible to have different icons (in Aum) for the different modules in order to easier see which is what?

• @stereohero said:
    Speaking of icons ... is it possible to have different icons (in Aum) for the different modules in order to easier see which is what?

No, unfortunately all plugins take on the icon of the container app and I can't assign different icons per plugin. But a solution is already being worked on (actually it's almost ready)! :)

• @brambos said:
    Rozeta; not just a gamechanger but also a namechanger ;)

Snappy. :)

• Thanks for the update, lots of useful new things in there.

• Hope the name-change doesn't cause conflict with 'Rosetta Stone' or...
    https://www.rosettacommons.org/software

• @Samu said:
    Hope the name-change doesn't cause conflict with 'Rosetta Stone' or...
    https://www.rosettacommons.org/software

If my Google-Fu hasn't let me down, there is no known music application even resembling "Rozeta" ( <-- odd spelling intentional, for this reason).

Not the smoothest launch I have ever had. That's for sure. :|

• That's very decent of you. It seems to me a somewhat spurious claim on infringement and unlikely to stand up to scrutiny, but good for you in taking the moral high ground. As for mixed in key..... really????

• edited November 2017

@SheffieldBleep said:
    That's very decent of you. It seems to me a somewhat spurious claim on infringement and unlikely to stand up to scrutiny, but good for you in taking the moral high ground. As for mixed in key..... really????

The dialogue between them and myself has been very pleasant. My initial reaction was similar to yours, but they made a convincing case to me (and I honestly don't mean that in a Don Corleone kind of way :D ).

The music software business is a tiny world. We all need to support each other from time to time and the last thing I want to do is create confusion due to naming issues.

• Fair point. Very sensible resolving issues in a decent and grown up manner. Consider it 2 launches for the price of one!

• what Is in a name?...... ;)

• I know I'm late to the party, but is there is a video overview of what Odessa/Rozeta does? I would have paid more attention but I'm not really into sequencers, however maybe there's some functionality in the app that could be useful even for the likes of me.

• @brambos said:

Not the smoothest launch I have ever had. That's for sure. :|

Glitches out of your control maybe, but from the perspective of us lot you’ve made us a stunning app that we all love, no real bugs to moan about, so I’d say it was a resounding success. Update tweaks already, answering all our silly questions on here....it’s all good.

• They must have weekly aneurisms over Korg’s ODYSSEI.

• @brambos said:

After a friendly request of Mixed In Key, creators of the Odesi music composition software, I have decided to change the name Odessa into Rozeta.

Um, I’m pretty much considered a TroubleMaker, so what’s your new name for that app?

• @brice said:
    They must have weekly aneurisms over Korg’s ODYSSEI.

Hahahaha... main difference is that the Korg/Arp product has already been around for a decade or four and there's a lot less overlapping functionality between the Korg and their product. This was really an incredibly unfortunate coincidence. :)

• Rough day. First the Apple 1.0.1 nonsense, then this. I assume you've already figured out a way to make the stand-alones "functional" then?

• @johnfromberkeley said:

After a friendly request of Mixed In Key, creators of the Odesi music composition software, I have decided to change the name Odessa into Rozeta.

Um, I’m pretty much considered a TroubleMaker, so what’s your new name for that app?

Rozeta

• edited November 2017

@brice said:

It’s bloody difficult coming up with an original name these days. 15 years ago when I started my design business I spent weeks trying to think of a funky name. One of the silliest on my list seemed to stick, other people liked it, and it was so weird I was sure no one would be using it. I typed ‘Custard Factory’ into Google and discovered another design company 50 miles away had already bagged it.

Same with band names. I’ve come up with the most unlikely names - made up things made of two words stuck together, gibberish, only to find some bloody metal band in Iceland has already got it and is on their third album, using another name from my list as the title.

• Well, to my eye, there isn't much difference between Odessa /Odesi and Rozeta/Rosetta. In fact I'd say that the latter two are more similar.
    But I guess we're not in court and decision has already been made so...

Welcome Rozeta

• @MonzoPro said:

@brice said:

It’s bloody difficult coming up with an original name these days. 15 years ago when I started my design business I spent weeks trying to think of a funky name. One of the silliest on my list seemed to stick, other people liked it, and it was so weird I was sure no one would be using it. I typed ‘Custard Factory’ into Google and discovered another design company 50 miles away had already bagged it.

Same with band names. I’ve come up with the most unlikely names - made up things made of two words stuck together, gibberish, only to find some bloody metal band in Iceland has already got it and is on their third album, using another name from my list as the title.

Was in the EXACT same boat this past year, design firm and all. And yes, it’s ridiculously difficult to uncover a unique name!

• At least it’s not like those other two music apps that are both named like Deaths implement of destruction! Both Synths. Both on sale at this time lol

• put yr foot down, make them buy you out or take a walk, they have no claim, quite literally, and neither would they actually be bothered to put hard earned resources into ill fated legal shenanigans.
    Odessa is a perfect name for yr app, Odesi? meh! Rozeta? aren't you worried Mink DeVille will come after you for nicking a hook from Spanish Stroll?? :)

• @brambos said:

@stereohero said:
    Speaking of icons ... is it possible to have different icons (in Aum) for the different modules in order to easier see which is what?

No, unfortunately all plugins take on the icon of the container app and I can't assign different icons per plugin. But a solution is already being worked on (actually it's almost ready)! :)

The solution should be here already with Rozeta 1.0.1 and AUM 1.2.4 (which is releasing right now) :)

• edited November 2017

@brambos I love that you finally let us have free running polyrhythms :smiley:
    Didn't want to push too hard on that since I've been requesting it since ruismaker2 :3
    I hope you'll reconsider giving us Au parameter controls for the lfo eventually. I'm pretty much done with my requests at that point :)
    This entire series of sequencers is the best. Regardless what they're called at any point In time. (Although I do like Rosetta quite a bit. Just hope the Rosetta Stone people don't convince you to Change it again D: )

• @j_liljedahl said:

@brambos said:

@stereohero said:

The solution should be here already with Rozeta 1.0.1 and AUM 1.2.4 (which is releasing right now) :)

Indeed. Jonatan discovered another really useful new iOS11 AU feature: "Shortnames" :)

• New name... Obsoderoze lol
    :smile:

• @senhorlampada said:
    New name... Obsoderoze lol
    :smile:

I'm afraid that any following products will need to resort to that kind of naming fun to avoid issues.. :#

• My opinion is less than favourable here..

Although I usually have no problem with names ( and I remember beep streets sunrizer was originally called something else and had to be changed because another app had the same title), I think this case is a bit different.

Odesi is not the same as Odessa and the company who owns odesi doesn’t do stuff in iOS.

It seems like interference to me. Why would they be bothered about iOS unless they plan to port stuff to it?

It’s up to you @brambos but I would have not bowed down unless cash was exchanged lol.

Odessa was a cool name though

• @richardyot said:
    I know I'm late to the party, but is there is a video overview of what Odessa/Rozeta does? I would have paid more attention but I'm not really into sequencers, however maybe there's some functionality in the app that could be useful even for the likes of me.

I'll ask again :)

Is there a video, or website, that explains what the app does?

• @Love3quency said:
    Odesi is not the same as Odessa and the company who owns odesi doesn’t do stuff in iOS.

In fact they do, although it seems their main focus is on desktop...