Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Quantum now on sale until end of weekend

Sitting on the fence about Quantum? 40% off until end of weekend.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/quantum-sequencer/id1207932898?ls=1&mt=8

Comments

• Highly recommended super-sequencer. Could easily charge $20 for this, but it isn't even that much at full price. For $6, it is a steal.

• Great news! No such info on the description so, it's only 64 bits or I could running on my iPad4?

Thanks.

• This is not the shiny new toy. This is long term satisfaction. A grand proposal, I know. But I stand by it!

I would have spent twice the full price and still been very happy. For $6 it’s an absolute no-brainer.

• Runs fine on iPad 4. Better jump off that fence!

• Just finished reading this. Very informative and positive; you should give it a read if you want more info on Quantum. And congarts @midiSequencer on the glowing review.

• @CracklePot said:

Just finished reading this. Very informative and positive; you should give it a read if you want more info on Quantum. And congarts @midiSequencer on the glowing review.

thx

• edited November 2017

Is there IAP inside it?

After reading this:

http://www.amssoftware.org/manual/QuantumManual.pdf

it looks like is a 6 track (expandable to 24) sequencer. If "yes", how much IAP is?

Thanks.

EDITED: Maybe I'm confused, and (24) is (6) sequences x up to (4) subsequences each.

• @fjcblanco said:
    EDITED: Maybe I'm confused, and (24) is (6) sequences x up to (4) subsequences each.

I believe you are correct about the breakdown of 24 sequences.

• @CracklePot said:

@fjcblanco said:

Yes, that's correct. It's 6 sequencers with 64 steps each. Each of those 64 step sequences can be further divided into 4 parts. Each part shares the same pool of 64 steps but can be any subdivision of those 16 steps. So for 24 discreet sequences, it might look something like PartA=steps 1-16, PartB=steps 17-32, PartC=33-48 and PartD=49-64 on each of the 6 sequencers.

• edited November 2017

@syrupcore said:

@CracklePot said:

@fjcblanco said:

Yes, that's correct. It's 6 sequencers with 64 steps each. Each of those 64 step sequences can be further divided into 4 parts. Each part shares the same pool of 64 steps but can be any subdivision of those 16 steps. So for 24 discreet sequences, it might look something like PartA=steps 1-16, PartB=steps 17-32, PartC=33-48 and PartD=49-64 on each of the 6 sequencers.

with versions you can also extend beyond 64 steps - e.g. you could have a sequence of 99x64 steps if you create a version for each and an action that loads the next one.

Parts also have their own midi channel so you could run counterpoint on different synths all within one sequence.

There is IAP in Quantum, but its the IAP from MidiSequencer (Fx & Chords) and its included for free.

• edited November 2017

Ok. I think I'm gonna buy it Friday.

It's deep, I can see the learning curve, but my father teached me that the hard work is allways well rewarded.

• @fjcblanco said:

It's deep, I can see the learning curve, but my father teached me that the hard work is allways well rewarded.

It's deep but for basic stuff, the curve isn't so steep. It rewards exploration though.

• @syrupcore said:

@fjcblanco said:

It's deep but for basic stuff, the curve isn't so steep. It rewards exploration though.

@syrupcore - do you have a head-start though ;)

• @midiSequencer said:

@syrupcore said:

@fjcblanco said:

True!

There are a lot of controls on the screen when you first look at it. If you just wanted to sequence some notes and adjust the tempo (like a classic hardware step-sequencer), it's pretty straight forward. Slide some sliders, hit play. It can do so much more than that but you can just come to that as you come to it.

• @syrupcore said:

@midiSequencer said:

@syrupcore said:

@fjcblanco said:

True!

There are a lot of controls on the screen when you first look at it. If you just wanted to sequence some notes and adjust the tempo (like a classic hardware step-sequencer), it's pretty straight forward. Slide some sliders, hit play. It can do so much more than that but you can just come to that as you come to it.

and use scales - makes it sound less random. More scales on their way soon....