Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• I just downloaded this - got a loud BUZZ! When I opened it- and it shut off the volume over my entire iPad. Thankfully a restart solved this anxious moment. Scythe has now been removed.

• @robosardine said:
    I just downloaded this - got a loud BUZZ! When I opened it- and it shut off the volume over my entire iPad. Thankfully a restart solved this anxious moment. Scythe has now been removed.

I used to experience this, but thought it was solved. I can’t check as have deleted now anyway. Try reloading as I thought they had released a fix for this problem. Unless the App Store is giving out the old version! Lol

• edited November 2017

The first time I opened this I got that nasty feedback buzz that made me stop using it. The next time it didn’t. I loaded it into AUM with an Odessa Bassline driving it and no issues except Scythe patches seem to be unusually loud and need to be turned down in the app. I hope it keeps working because I like it.

Maybe the subject line should note that this is the “original” Scythe.

• All the sound cut out for me on the fourth patch I tried.
    closing and restarting seemed to sort it..hopefully it doesnt reoccur.
    wild sounding synth !

• Buzzes and shuts the sound down. Restart makes no difference. Air2 iOS 11.1.1

• @anickt said:
    The first time I opened this I got that nasty feedback buzz that made me stop using it. The next time it didn’t.

+1

• So it begs a question: is the experience worth the admission fee?

• I won't be risking it again - it was a slightly unnerving experience- whilst there are plenty of synths to choose from.

• @supadom said:
    So it begs a question: is the experience worth the admission fee?

It depends upon your feelings about honey badgers.
    I consider Scythe to be the honey badger of synths. It is vicious, nasty, and temperamental.
    I quite enjoy it.

• @robosardine said:
    I won't be risking it again - it was a slightly unnerving experience- whilst there are plenty of synths to choose from.

I had the same thing happen randomly (but often) with Thor. Happened with Thor for myself through iOS 8, 9 and 10! Means I cannot use the app now, as I’m nervous any time I’ve opened it!

• edited December 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • This seems to be working ok for me. It was a wonky at first in AUM, but after switching the BG button top right to orange "on?" it works fine. Just tried it again and had no issues. Driving it's virtual midi in AUM with Odessa XOX and it works great. Flipped through a bunch of presets and no hiccups at all. 10.5 - iOS11.1.2

• iPad Pro 12" here - it popped loudly when I fired it up and promptly wiped out audio on my device. Soft reboot fixed it. Tried a second time later and it did the same. Hard reboot fixed it.

Delete!

Unfortunate. Looked like it'd be fun to mess with. Oh well - off to plunk around with my new Phosphor synth

• edited December 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @dvlmusic said:
    iPad Pro 12" here - it popped loudly when I fired it up and promptly wiped out audio on my device. Soft reboot fixed it. Tried a second time later and it did the same. Hard reboot fixed it.

Delete!

Unfortunate. Looked like it'd be fun to mess with. Oh well - off to plunk around with my new Phosphor synth

Weird. It worked fine earlier today for me, and again a few minutes ago. Is this a 2017 Pro? Which iOS install?

• @skiphunt said:
    This seems to be working ok for me. It was a wonky at first in AUM, but after switching the BG button top right to orange "on?" it works fine. Just tried it again and had no issues. Driving it's virtual midi in AUM with Odessa XOX and it works great. Flipped through a bunch of presets and no hiccups at all. 10.5 - iOS11.1.2

Same here. Great synth with a Random button! Some crazy stuff therein!

• And now the new wavetable Scythe is on sale too!

Scythe by Bitmask Studio Ltd.
    https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/scythe/id1278439277?mt=8

• I've tried to play this a couple of times on my ipad pro but it has latency. I recorded into Garageband with no problem in the process but later I found out that it clipped. I did not have this issue with other apps. I made a video while checking out the presets:

I don't know if it is due to latency but I'm not impressed with this app.

• Loud pop on Air 1, iOS 10.3.3 as well. Extremely loud, make sure to turn down the volume and don't use cans when trying it out. Opening/closing audiobus 2 restores the sound here. So what was in the update yesterday then? Fairy sure it was a new update

• @nothumanatall said:
    I've tried to play this a couple of times on my ipad pro but it has latency. I recorded into Garageband with no problem in the process but later I found out that it clipped. I did not have this issue with other apps. I made a video while checking out the presets:

I don't know if it is due to latency but I'm not impressed with this app.

This synth is loud. I find myself pulling back the output level within the app. No other issues since recent update.

• Another update today.

“More audio-related bug fixes.”

• edited November 2017

The bend mechanic (and the honey badger wildness) makes this a favorite. I’m so glad it’s getting the love from the dev

Definitely workable on Air 2, iOS 11 -