Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SECRET APP: You may not know about.........

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hyperion-synthesizer/id1247269157?mt=8

http://bialamusic.com

This app is a super sleeper!

I love this developer for a couple reasons.

His apps are cheap.

They do what they say.

They are able to be used by total moron.

THEY MAKE THINGS LOUD IF YOU WANT. That may seem silly, but either due to hearing issues or app design, some apps just seem quiet. The Fx apps by this developer have a way a juicing up apps loud while adding effect.

But, enough about the Fx apps.

Let's talk synth.

He has an FM synth that is really cool. It was how I found this guy. I bought it and realized his apps are pretty serious.'

Then he released HYPERION.

This Audio Unit (AU) synth is really awesome. Not just because the price, but it is quality sound that is ideal for classic house poly sounds of that Chicago and Detroit soulful house music, chords, leads, and pads, vintage type synth organs, electric type piano type sounds.

This is a soulful or ethereal type synth that reminds me of many cool synths of that era.

OK - I will try to explain it. Imagine 2 wave forms with 5 peaks each - just like the wave form of the Deep Synth Audio Unit from this developer.

Now instead of generating stable wave forms - the oscillator is generating dynamic wave form, starting from the first and morphing into the second one. The speed of wave morphing is set by second oscillator and controlled by a slider. Also the path of movement for the control points that set the wave form's peaks is not always linear while morphing. For example in the 4th mode in the Hyperion is a circular movement for two of the peaks. The initial wave forms for the 4 modes are pretty interesting as well. That is what I think makes Hyperion stand out. I am not sure exactly what the waveforms are actually. It is a unique design for sure.

Now to get the full sound of the Hyperion - there is second morphing oscillator that generates the "harmonics" frequency. There are 7 possible harmonics and the sound of the 2 oscillators can be shifted in the stereo. And at the end there is phaser and tremolo effects that can add to the "space" sound.

It is really had to explain.

I think for the couple bucks, this is well worth the buy. I find that many of the Sunrizer sounds for house music I used can be done on this. It is simple AU that I think is a nice tool to have.

PEACE

Comments

• Does it come with any presets?

• Look great,is there any sample can hear?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Does it come with any presets?

@jcdream said:
    Look great,is there any sample can hear?

No

I will record and post some in after I finish doing some errands.

• edited November 2017

I need another synth like I need a bullet in the . . . oh look an app for $4.99! (Pulls out wallet)

• @ipadthai said:
    I need another synth like I need a bullet in the . . . oh look an app for $4.99! (Pulls out wallet)

I know.

I keep saying that.

My wife got me a $50 gift card on Nov1 for my Bday.

Then the credit card statement comes and on like Nov.7 I charged $10 on iTunes.

She is like how do you spend all that money on those stupid apps.

I had no response.

• @ipadthai said:

But it is a Universal AU......I mean

You can't have too many. LOL

• I have it (of course). Maybe missing something, but I think it's a bit basic and am getting some crackles. Hard to justify this if you haven't already got (say) Unique.....going to be an expensive week.... :)

• @jcdream said:

Not making promo videos is the best way to keep an app secret.

• @supadom said:

@jcdream said:

This!

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    I have it (of course). Maybe missing something, but I think it's a bit basic and am getting some crackles. Hard to justify this if you haven't already got (say) Unique.....going to be an expensive week.... :)

OK - good. Thanks for saving me five bucks.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    I have it (of course). Maybe missing something, but I think it's a bit basic and am getting some crackles. Hard to justify this if you haven't already got (say) Unique.....going to be an expensive week.... :)

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Thanks Mr G!

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

Geez.

I got it on a whim this am and was just so pleased with it.

The crackles I get with most things anymore unfortunately.

I actually used the app alone to just play and hear and it really impressed me.

Let me clarify, I judge AU synths diff then regular full throated app versions.

I like to layer AU's for a plush sound. So, my opinion is based on the way I tried it.

I am sorry you weren't pleased for real.

Maybe give it another run and see then.

I have consistently liked the apps from this guy.

Sorry bro.

Appreciate your feedback though for real.

• @supadom said:

@jcdream said:

That is pretty funny actually.

I agree.

• @RUST( i )K said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Geez.

I like to layer AU's for a plush sound. So, my opinion is based on the way I tried it.

Sorry bro.

The AU functionality and layering is definitely a point in its favor, but if the crackles are a typical user experience, then it's a bit hard to justify a purchase. I've got tons of things that I just fiddle with and don't record, but I'm trying to get away from that.

• @ALB said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Geez.

Sorry bro.

The AU functionality and layering is definitely a point in its favor, but if the crackles are a typical user experience, then it's a bit hard to justify a purchase. I've got tons of things that I just fiddle with and don't record, but I'm trying to get away from that.

Let me elaborate.

The app never crackled for me.

BUT

I have an issue with (leaving names out to protect innocent) MANY apps in a variety of hosts using AU, IAA, and ABus.

My understanding is that currently there is an ongoing audio issue that is arising and can't be locked into what is causing it.

I know for a fact Apple and several companies are working on it. This is 100% true.

I am not dismissing the crackle claim, but, I don't know to what degree it is the app or not.

I always try and reinstall or restart.

I have to do it all the time currently with my Air2.

NOT my Air 1 or 7plus.

Just the Air 2.

I couldn't use Cauldren in AUM at all for an hour today due to crackling.

This is solely my experience and what I am aware of. I just wanted to elaborate my post that I wasn't dismissing crackling or accepting it.

It is just a common problem with many apps these days.

Thanks for following up!

• @RUST( i )K no worries mate. Caveat emptor etc. We have been so spoiled (as we so deserve :)) this past year or two....and while I'm not impressed with this one yet I remember someone else talking about this matter; who's to say that the developer won't end up making something terrific in the future? All of this is an investment in the field itself rather than any particular dandelion...

• @RUST( i )K - ok, thanks for clarifying.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @RUST( i )K no worries mate. Caveat emptor etc. We have been so spoiled (as we so deserve :)) this past year or two....and while I'm not impressed with this one yet I remember someone else talking about this matter; who's to say that the developer won't end up making something terrific in the future? All of this is an investment in the field itself rather than any particular dandelion...

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @RUST( i )K no worries mate. Caveat emptor etc. We have been so spoiled (as we so deserve :)) this past year or two....and while I'm not impressed with this one yet I remember someone else talking about this matter; who's to say that the developer won't end up making something terrific in the future? All of this is an investment in the field itself rather than any particular dandelion...

vous êtes un acte de classe

• @ALB said:
    @RUST( i )K - ok, thanks for clarifying.

Got it homie.

Always try to be as clear as possible.

Sometimes I fall short.

Thanks for the comments and feedback.

Always appreciated.

• edited November 2017

fumer mon amour saucisse.. ( smoke my love sausage)

• @JangoMango said:
    Fumier mon saucisson amor.. ( smoke my love sausage)

Mechant cochon...

• @JangoMango said:
    Fumier mon saucisson amor.. ( smoke my love sausage)

?Donde esta la chosa de amor?

Frances - y Español...........what next?
    SOO RARE I get to use some of my foreign languages especially in such deep talk! LOL

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

I want to confirm that I am having crackling as you did.

I will post once this issue is resolved.

• edited May 2018

So I just picked Hyperion up for a dollar or so as a little curiosity purchase and yes, it’s very limited and crackly etc. But I still had some fun with it and that makes it worth it in my book. (It’s on sale by the way).

• Crackling here too. The word basic is very kind...

• If you judge apps by number of buttons - yes, I create sounds not buttons :)

• @Alex_bialamusic said:
    If you judge apps by number of buttons - yes, I create sounds not buttons :)

I just sent a note to your contact email. To the best of my knowledge, the AU app is not responding correctly to LFOs in apeMatrix. See my email for details.

• I bought this way back but it's not my thing. What are some good FX or Modification Apps to run it through for more sonic potential since it's really light weight on the CPU? Does anything detect crackles and filter them out? What would you call an app that can do that? A filter? Can I used this app as an effect tone source for another synth like Space Craft, one of the Moog's or another synth?