Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iOS7 UI Interface update?

Hoping to see an iOS7 interface update i.e. flat, simple design. Any chance?

Comments

• Btw-My dream of doing minimal sound art for gallery openings has come true thanks in part to Loopy HD. Thanks!

• I don't think I follow what you're asking honestly. Are you asking for them to flatten the already flattened ios 7 icons more? I thought that was the whole push for the new ios. Flat. Are you talking about removing the animations etc? I doubt very seriously either of those would be happening anytime within the next year honestly, but who knows. Maybe I'm completely missing what you're asking.

• In terms of Audiobus app ?

• AHHHH, yes @DaveMagoo...that's probably a lot closer to what the OP is actually talking about. Thank you. I was stumped.

• I like the Audiobus UI the way it is. Hate the stark, cheap flat look in iOS7.

• I agree with @mmp. I'm not overly impressed with the whole "flat" interface idea.

• The OP has a very sparse forum history. Bit of a cheek turning up to ask for a cosmetic change.

• edited October 2013

Maybe he is a longtime lurker?Nothing's wrong about that.I think its a bit cheek to make yourself rules others have to follow ;-)

• edited October 2013

I like the idea that the flatter simpler interface lends its self to improved performance eg: less pixels to load.....etc.

Although I am no Dev so I could be wrong.....

• What rules? Do what you like.

• edited October 2013

Geez, the crummy thing is that iOS 7 is actually slower than iOS 6. The fancy "smooth" animations actually take longer even though they "feel" faster. Some tech blog did a comparison. I'll post if I see it again. It made me so mad. :-b

• edited October 2013

Sorry for the mix up. I was referring to Loopy HD. And for those who got their undies in a bundle over the suggestion...chill it. Some like the new design aesthetic and some don't. No need to get personal. I think Apple is way ahead of the curve in design function and yes, the aesthetic to me personally is far better than most cheesy graphics you see.

• I have a sparse history PaulB because I am busy making music and not spending much time on this site or posting. Jeez. Give it a break man.

• edited October 2013

Lol. Touchy. Not sure I'd go so far as to say the graphics in Loopy are cheesy...

Bagel-y, perhaps...

• edited October 2013

• Well, I like it! Especially nice to have a darker theme. Can't wait!

• edited January 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Cool, looking forward to the next update!

• @AfxTwn - It depends on what specific apps you rely heavily on, but a lot of apps have been updated for iOS 7 compatibility by now. I would check AppShopper and/or the AppStore update descriptions to see if your favorite apps have been updated or not, or ask about specific apps here on the forum.

Personally I've been using iOS 7 for a good while now and it's been mostly problem free, it's still a bit buggy here and there but for me there's no show stoppers as I'm not currently playing live.
    Audiobus still works great for me, I'm on iPad 2 and iPhone 5 both running iOS 7.0.2. I think GarageBand is currently broken when used in Audiobus on 7.0.2, so if you use GB a lot I'd hold off until next week to see what Apple announces.

If you're playing live then I would always make sure everything you use is stable before updating, but that's just common practice with any live rig, even if you're not using any kind of computers.
    "WTF?!! I updated my 1/4" cables and nothing in my rig works now! I've been ripped off, screwed and deceived! Oh...wait... this one wasn't plugged in, never mind." :-)