Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Post your iOS setup

Comments

• @bootsy, woa. Looks like you have every basic amp type covered! what's that little brown amp on the top right? Magnatone?

• @syrupcore yeah I've been collecting stuff for a while now, never get rid of anything. That little tweed amp is a 57 champ clone. 5watt hand wired monster! Sad thing is everything happens inside the ipad or pc now!

• edited June 2013
  • @bootsy I can PM you my address if you need some space. Think of what you could do if that JCM 900 wasn't in the damn way!

• lol@syrupcore! Just a giant paper weight at this point! I'm sure I could find a few people willing to take it off my hands!

• @DerekBuddemeyer - Was really hoping for a spoiler/accidental slip of some cool new gear on your iPad screen to tease us with... "I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed..." Lol

• @syrupcore - posted, dwarman on soundcloud, "Dave's Not Here"; now I have to figure out how to comment it and put a link here.

• Oh, the main reason I brought this up, is the Alto Sax patch (comes in shortly after the 1 min mark). That's the S-550 through a Roland DEP-5 effects box, controlled from a KX-5 keytar. Lots of ribbon action plus velocity cross fading, 12 bit 30K samples, and really good DAC and analog filters in the S-550. Nothing else. I'm looking for hints on how to get that out of my iPad. BM2 is close but not quite there. VoKey looks closer but still unstable. The patch is from one of the special Roland collections and takes up the whole bank; not the factory standard one shipped with the sampler.

The title -- well, let's just say I was in the zone for this one.

• Had to go to my desktop to get this - iPad SC App doesn't do it:

http://snd.sc/1acUHUx

• @DerekBuddemeyer - that pic could work as an Xmas card! I try, and try, and never does my space look so uncluttered ...

• Nice sax sample and effects @dwarman. Yeah, it would be great to get that from an ios device.

• @dwarman sounds great. I think thumbjam is you best bet at this point. Made me miss my 760 a little. Great dynamics on the drum programming.

PS you can always load your soundcloud file in safari on ipad and copy the link to paste in here.

• Finally got around to getting some pics. I've enjoyed checking out everyone who posted!

http://postimg.org/gallery/4o0p0l3u/

• I guess I should have included a description....

Roland SoundCanvas
    Akai EIE
    Roland 505 drum machine
    Stageworks LG-8 PA (belongs to a friend)
    IPad 4 and mini
    Bogner and Blackstar amps
    Assorted effects pedals
    Agile and Ibanez guitars
    M-Audio Oxygen and Casio keyboards

• Almost forgot...FrankenKit...a mix of Roland and Alesis Electronic drum kits.

• @funjunkie I see your closet is a lot bigger than mine. Lol

• @mgmg4871 - I came out of the closet years ago. You should try it...quite liberating! ;-)

• edited July 2013

Finally closed in my garage this year, and now I have a dedicated little studio.

Here is my iOS rig.
    Alt text

And the rest of my gear.
    Alt text
    Alt text
    Alt text

• Nice set up GUYS, keep the pictures coming.

• edited July 2013

Here is my Starbucks rig. :-)
    Just practicing my set for this Sunday.

Alt text

• edited August 2013

my recent mobile rig in my new tipi. Still looking for a good solar panel for powering my gear.

One iPad is missing in the photo, I used it to shoot the image.

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n202/Phil999_02/image_zps048b842d.jpg

• @phil999 - nice!

Interested in how much custom config you had to do to the QuNeo to make it actually useable for you. I just got one and its default output is way to wild for my limited skills. So I have to tame it. Tips welcome.

The biggest power users are the iPads, but they get 10 hrs; the rest looks comparable to my rig, and I get more time than I need off one of those little Newtrent 12AH USB charger batteries. Side effect of no AC noise.

That iU2 - I have a screen snap from Amazon of one of the offers for those things. $1,000,000. I kid you not. I told them about it and it seems to have gone now.

• ?? What is the iU2? @Phil999 How do you like the QuNeo? Looks like a nice setup! What's the device to the left of the small stone?

• I have no special configuration for the QuNeo. I usually use default presets 2-4 for sending notes, nothing special. Waiting for my QuNexus which is still not available in Europe.

The iU2 is an interface from Tascam. It is not bad, but has problems with the sample rate. Which can be solved by inserting and removing a mini-jack into iPad's headphone socket. One just has to monitor all the time, blind recordings can go wrong.

The device next to it is a Korg Monotron Delay. It has an audio input, and I use it mostly as a delay. It's a real analog BBD. Recommended.

• I came here to post a photo of my setup now that I have a couple of additions to the family, but after seeing you guys with your drum kits and speakers and computers I'm almost too embarrassed! :P

But not embarrassed enough. Since my PC died all I have is my iPad 2. So here are a couple of pics of it with my Behringer UCA202 and QuNexus.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I use the UCA202 with a Boss GT-8 Effects Processor, but I won't bother taking any photos of that because it's seen better days :P

• How do you like the Qunexus?

• Love it. To state the obvious it's completely different from a standard keyboard, but I don't have much experience with keyboards or pianos so it doesn't bother me. Feels nice and works well. And super portable.